2000 - 2001 retros wearable

be carefull and anything older than that you might want to pass, i bought some patent leather Ndestrukts DS and they were beautiful! the first wear in the mall and on my way back to my car i heard something, looked behind me and the entire sole fell off and crumbled to pieces. 

be carefull and anything older than that you might want to pass, i bought some patent leather Ndestrukts DS and they were beautiful! the first wear in the mall and on my way back to my car i heard something, looked behind me and the entire sole fell off and crumbled to pieces. 

It depends on the previous owner....DS pairs from back then, good luck.

If they've been worn and took care of properly by the previous owner, you're straight. I see III's, IV's, V's, VI's that are still good...(mine are too)

XI's....just glue em back, worse that can happen is sole separation

If they've been worn and took care of properly by the previous owner, you're straight. I see III's, IV's, V's, VI's that are still good...(mine are too)

Its more rare for 11s to fall apart than most of the other retros.. in the past few months I've unDS 99/00 5s, 6s, and all OG colorways retro 11s from 00/01 with no issue at all.

What I do wish someone can drop knowledge on is some 99 4s.... I'm scared to get a pair and want a vnds pair I can rock

Its more rare for 11s to fall apart than most of the other retros.. in the past few months I've unDS 99/00 5s, 6s, and all OG colorways retro 11s from 00/01 with no issue at all.

What I do wish someone can drop knowledge on is some 99 4s.... I'm scared to get a pair and want a vnds pair I can rock

4's from '99 at this point are a major gamble.

I had 2 pair, an 11.5 and a 12. i bought them when they came out. the 12 i wore throughout the years here and there, they not in super shape, but they're still wearable.

last year for my birthday, i wanted to wear a fresh pair. so i pull out my DS 11.5. The air bubbles are crystal clear, soles firm. i wore them that day, and 1 more day shortly after, and the midsole started to crumble.

Why? who knows. its an old shoe with a a foam midsole. they crumble eventually no matter how you store them.

1's are good forever. 3's are also tanks if you take care of them. my friend still wears his cements from 94. 5's are 50/50 for me, i have 4 pairs from 2000, 2 black 2 fire red. 1 black started crumbling. 6's seem pretty solid. 10's are good, 11's are bulletproof. i had to get a pair of jams reglued once, but they'll never be garbage. 12's are tanks, i wore some OG flu games yesterday. and all are good after that.

I had 2 pair, an 11.5 and a 12. i bought them when they came out. the 12 i wore throughout the years here and there, they not in super shape, but they're still wearable.

last year for my birthday, i wanted to wear a fresh pair. so i pull out my DS 11.5. The air bubbles are crystal clear, soles firm. i wore them that day, and 1 more day shortly after, and the midsole started to crumble.

Why? who knows. its an old shoe with a a foam midsole. they crumble eventually no matter how you store them.

1's are good forever. 3's are also tanks if you take care of them. my friend still wears his cements from 94. 5's are 50/50 for me, i have 4 pairs from 2000, 2 black 2 fire red. 1 black started crumbling. 6's seem pretty solid. 10's are good, 11's are bulletproof. i had to get a pair of jams reglued once, but they'll never be garbage. 12's are tanks, i wore some OG flu games yesterday. and all are good after that.

^ I hear you... def agree that 12s are tanks.. an OG pair has yet to let me down. Just can't get over not having some wearable 4s. Market price plus the chance of crumble seems like a complete fail.

^ I hear you... def agree that 12s are tanks.. an OG pair has yet to let me down. Just can't get over not having some wearable 4s. Market price plus the chance of crumble seems like a complete fail.

Idk about XII being tanks I UNDS a pair of Playoff XII's and the Jumpman23 cracked and there was alot of sole separation.

Idk about XII being tanks I UNDS a pair of Playoff XII's and the Jumpman23 cracked and there was alot of sole separation.

great input from everyone.

i guess if i'm going to wear them instead of collect i should just get a NDS pair rather than DS.

i guess if i'm going to wear them instead of collect i should just get a NDS pair rather than DS.

Back
Top Bottom