2001 Allen Iverson Appreciation

had a youngin beggin moms for Answer IV's. Dude was larger than life to me back then.

pimp.gif

def. APPRECIATED!

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Ivory Allison is what i use to call him before i actually learned his name
smh.gif
Ever ran into him back home? Everytime I seen son off the court he had timbs on. I wonder if he rocks jays/nikes on the low
nerd.gif

Back on topic though . 95-07 Bubba Chuck is definitely appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Hopefully he'll bounce back next season
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Justin Slayer

smh.gif
Ever ran into him back home? Everytime I seen son off the court he had timbs on. I wonder if he rocks jays/nikes on the low
nerd.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
frown.gif
i ran into him and some of his bodyguard/goons on a cold rainy afternoon in Colosieum Mall in footlocker. it was very very very few people in themall that day.

and every story ive ever heard about him ballin here in VA involves him shakin the %$!! outta dudes in some Timbs
laugh.gif

i bet he'll be ballin frequently in Stuard Gardens once he retires
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Justin Slayer

smh.gif
nerd.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
frown.gif
i ran into him and some of his bodyguard/goons on a cold rainy afternoon in Colosieum Mall in footlocker. it was very very very few people in the mall that day.

and every story ive ever heard about him ballin here in VA involves him shakin the %$!! outta dudes in some Timbs
laugh.gif

i bet he'll be ballin frequently in Stuard Gardens once he retires
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My cousin used to go chuck's uncle house to play pool. Said the _ chuck gotta room full of size 11 wheat timbs in his uncles attic
laugh.gif

i be wonderin if he regrets signing with Reebok

maybe he dosen't care tho, he probably woulda signed with anybody

dude probably woulda signed with Timberland
laugh.gif

My all time favorite player...grew up watching this dude...I was the biggest fan till about last year...hopefully he can bounce back....but either way AI inhis prime was amazing

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Very Appreciated
pimp.gif
, that was the last time Kobe was not the best player in the world

laugh.gif
riiiiight. Anyway, appreciated, my fav player for many years.

Definitely appreciated.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

His team starting 10-0, winning the ASG MVP, League MVP, scoring champ, post-season duels w/ Reggie, VC (
eek.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
)and the Bucks, and the shocker in Game 1 of the Finalsagainst LA will not be forgotten by me. Hated LA by defeating AI and denying his only shot at a title
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
(hopefully he has a chance before he retires).

And his Answer IVs were the $#!+ back then. Wanted them before and still want them now.

Regardless of what you think about him or his team or the Eastern Conference, A.I. was fun to watch this year.

He was a great scorer and a very entertaining player it is just unfortunate that he will never be more than that. His years with the nuggets and then thepistons especially disappointed me.

Woke up this morning and just starting thinking about how great this dude was. Not sure what triggered the thought but something did. Like many have said before, easily the most influential dude to kids growing up in inner cities across America. Especially kids in DC

PHILADELPHIA -- Before there was Michael Vick, the elusive, quick-as-lightning quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons, there was Allen Iverson.

Both grew up in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, and both were star quarterbacks for their high school teams - Iverson at Bethel High in Hampton and Vick at Warwick High in Newport News.

We may never know who the better quarterback is, but many contend that Iverson was just as good a football player, if not better, than Vick.

Even Vick admired the way Iverson played.

"He's the reason I play the way I play, running around the field and throwing the deep ball," Vick said. "Our style is exactly the same. [Iverson] was really good. He was somebody we always had to go see play every Friday night."

The Eagles will find out for themselves on Sunday how good Vick is when they face him in the NFC championship game at Lincoln Financial Field.

Iverson is convinced that he could have accomplished everything Vick has in the NFL, despite his size. Iverson and Vick are both 6 feet tall, but Vick, at 215 pounds, weighs 50 pounds more than Iverson.

"He might have made it in the pros, but size would have been a factor," Vick said. "He would have had to get up to around 200 pounds. But he definitely had the potential."

There's no doubt in Iverson's mind.

"Absolutely," Iverson said about whether he could have made it to the NFL. "Football has always been my favorite sport. I tell people all the time, especially my teammates who think I'm bragging, that I was a better football player than I am a basketball player. I could have played in the NFL. People who have seen me play in Virginia know that I'm not bragging.

"I think [Vick] knows, too. If he doesn't answer that correctly, then let him know I'm going to call him and cuss him out."

That call won't be necessary.

Iverson and Vick never played against each other in high school because Iverson, 29, is five years older. But Iverson did play against Aaron Brooks, Vick's second cousin, and many have said that Iverson was the better quarterback.

Brooks is the starting quarterback for the New Orleans Saints.

"There's no doubt Allen would be in the NFL, and people would be talking about him today like they're talking about Michael Vick and the other great ones," said Gary Moore, who was Iverson's first coach in youth football and is now his personal manager. "I really hate to think of what might have been if Allen had played football professionally. He'd probably be one of the first guys in the NFL who would have done everything - and by everything, I mean play quarterback, line up at wide receiver, play in the defensive backfield and return kicks.

"Allen would have the same impact that he has had on the basketball court, and then some."

As a junior at Bethel in 1992, Iverson set single-season records that Vick never broke. Vick played college football at Virginia Tech and became the first overall pick in the 2001 draft. He is the first black quarterback to go first in the NFL Draft.

Can't remember if I shared this but this was Gooooooood. Really liking her page. So funny how her assessment of things being a new fan are so true..

In the first episode of Season 3, Bill Simmons and J.A. Adande break down Allen Iverson’s incredible career, the surreal experience of seeing him in person, why he belatedly became one of the league’s most beloved superstars, and where he ranks in Bill’s hall of fame pyramid.

‎Book of Basketball 2.0: Allen Iverson: You Had To Be There (with J.A. Adande) on Apple Podcasts

Back
Top Bottom