2002 WCFs Kings vs Lakers Game 6: "The Greatest Tragedy in Sports" YouTube vid'

There were plenty of bad calls, but videos like this make it seem worse by taking it out of context.

A few bad calls went in the Kings' favor as well. Since they were the ones that got "shafted," those calls aren't scrutinized. If the videoincluded those, the playing field wouldn't appear as lopsided as it does.
There are also a few calls that aren't so bad in these videos (the kind you still see today without claims of fixing), but appear worse because of thecontext of the clip.
The refs were obviously favoring teams in a lot of these games - but it wasn't always the Lakers. My guess is that IF there was fixing going on, it was ingames 1-6 to force 7 (especially in 6, to make a full series a reality), which was officiated very well, at least for a modern NBA game.

The moral: Don't rely on these videos or your memories. If you want to discuss these bad calls, you should watch the games in their entirety first.

sick.gif
smh.gif
at the 5:32 the coach knows he is getting shafted by those refs
That series was disgraceful. The Celtics took care of those lightweights though
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at that Game 6 destruction by the Celtics
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm not even a Kings fan ... y'all salty ?

It's just disgraceful how this can happen in the NBA .

Shaq straight clotheslined dude . If that would have happened to Kobe , the refs probably would have cried .

I agree with the "travesty not tragedy" that Darth posted. I don't think the calls were that bad and the Kings should have won that game in OT. Even Game 7 they had their opportunities to clinch but they choked it away.

The moral: Don't rely on these videos or your memories. If you want to discuss these bad calls, you should watch the games in their entirety first.

This series was in on the fix and so was the Laker/Wolves series after that, probably a couple other ones too........which "coincidentally" alwaysoccured during a series involving the Lakers.

laugh.gif

What the hell does Steve Nash winning MVP have to do with this?
The fact that Laker fans tend to feel entitled to things.

The way Laker fans cry about Steve Nash winning the the MVP over Kobe, yet when someone says the Lakers undeservedly beat the Kings because of poorofficiating, they tell people to get over it.

The amount of hate Nash gets from his MVP winnings is pretty apparent on this board, and most of it comes from Laker or Kobe fans (or so theirsigs would say)

I would think the correlation is pretty obvious...

Originally Posted by BDavis5

Originally Posted by NT OG

laugh.gif

Lakers won. Get over it. Refs are part of the game.
is gambling part of the game too?

word yo....

you know whats funny, this was a often topic when i was in H.S. and i remember some dudes saying that the NBA is fixed...

and i use to have this face on
roll.gif
. then after hearing about the Donniething.. my face turn into
sick.gif
.. them dudes was right man... this game andthat series was fixed...

SMH kings was supppose 2 win a title or maybe 2... SMH

I remember watching that game with my best friend who was a Lakers fan. I just stuffed my face into a pillow and didn't get up for a couple hours. This isjust one of those things that I will never get over.
frown.gif

this type of thread will never work to many laker fans here that cant see past there team

it was fixed no if's and's or butt's about it

yea, the kings did get shafted on some of those calls, but hey what can u do?

on a sidenote,
laugh.gif
at lawrence funderburke's haircut

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Tragedy? That's too strong a word to use for anything in SPORTS. Its not like anyone died or something.
--Travesty? Maybe. Kings still had a chance in OT on their home floor. Great historic teams capitilize on "tragedies". Bad teams CHOKE.
you were right about everything except that they were a bad team. Were they better than the Lakers? no, but were they a bad team, no.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Yet another testament to how great that Laker team was. If Kings fans keep crying, then you know it was one for the records.

Edit:
laugh.gif
Well I guess that shows how good the Celtics were last season.......
laugh.gif
..and I'm a Cleveland Fan. C'mon anyone can see that the game was reffed one sidedly.

Originally Posted by BP the owner

i'm still heated.

that game was as fixed as this years dunk contest....

That was truly disgusting. I'm fed up with the NBA right about now. It's all theatric now.
The halftime performance used to be about the musician, but this year it was about NBA Cares...
The NBA Cares? Since when?
The NBA don't give a @!*%!

Remember...
laugh.gif

Donaghy says refs fixed playoffs

The Tim Donaghy scandal just got more serious.
The disgraced former NBA referee told authorities in a four-page letter released Tuesday that two officials conspired to fix the outcome of a 2002 playoff series and influenced several other post- and regular-season games.

Court documents filed by Donaghy's lawyer detailed the "inner-workings" of a plot in which top league executives used referees to manipulate the games. Donaghy claims two referees were "company men" whose job was to extend a playoff series in 2002 to a seventh game.

NBA commissioner David Stern flatly denied the allegations Tuesday, dismissing Donaghy's accusations as a desperate attempt to ease his sentence.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Remember...
laugh.gif

Donaghy says refs fixed playoffs

The Tim Donaghy scandal just got more serious.
The disgraced former NBA referee told authorities in a four-page letter released Tuesday that two officials conspired to fix the outcome of a 2002 playoff series and influenced several other post- and regular-season games.

Court documents filed by Donaghy's lawyer detailed the "inner-workings" of a plot in which top league executives used referees to manipulate the games. Donaghy claims two referees were "company men" whose job was to extend a playoff series in 2002 to a seventh game.

NBA commissioner David Stern flatly denied the allegations Tuesday, dismissing Donaghy's accusations as a desperate attempt to ease his sentence.

You know, if all this is proved to be true...Then the NBA falls right back in line behind the MLB. Sports are sad these days.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

That was hard to watch.
smh.gif

Felt bad for the Kings.
...and i almost dislike the kings. ..but since when was scott pollard the teams best defender?

Back
Top Bottom