2007-08 SUNS CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON THREAD (G.Hill update)

You're not going to the championships if you're going to lose to the Lakers by 21 points.

Not that the Lakers are a bad team, they're a good team.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Quote:
LA Lakers 119, Phoenix 98
LA Lakers 119, Phoenix 98

Preview - Box Score - Recap

By BOB BAUM, AP Sports Writer
November 3, 2007

AP - Nov 3, 12:00 am EDT
More Photos

PHOENIX (AP) -- Vladimir Radmanovic made all four of his 3-pointers and scored 19 points, and Kobe Bryant added 16 points and 11 rebounds, leading the Los Angeles Lakers to a stunning 119-98 rout of listless Phoenix in the Suns' home opener on Friday night.

The capacity crowd at US Airways Center booed the home team, often, for the first time in recent memory as the Suns lost at home to the Lakers for the first time since Steve Nash came to Phoenix in 2004.

Phoenix, the three-time defending Pacific Division champion, fell behind by 17 in the second quarter, 29 in the third and an embarrassing 33 in the fourth, giving up a seemingly endless series of layups, dunks and open jumpers.

Radmanovic, questionable before the game because of a sore throat, shot 6-of-7. Bryant, coming off a 45-point game in Los Angeles' season-opening loss to Houston, was just one of the guys in this one as five Lakers reached double figures.

The Lakers shot 57 percent, 8-of-13 from 3-point range. Andrew Bynum had 14 points and 13 rebounds.

Leading 63-50 at the half, the Lakers outscored Phoenix 27-11 to go up 90-61 with just under two minutes left in the third quarter on Ronny Turiaf's dunk, on a pass from Bryant.

After Boris Diaw scored four, Radmanovic made a 3-pointer from the corner at the buzzer and Los Angeles led 95-67 entering the fourth.

Amare Stoudemire was 2-for-10 shooting for four points and had one rebound in 24 miserable minutes for Phoenix.

Nash had 19 points but only three assists and sat out the fourth quarter, as did most of the Lakers' starters. Leandro Barbosa led the Suns with 23, 17 in the fourth quarter. Shawn Marion had 14 points and 10 rebounds, and Grant Hill scored 12 in his first home game for the Suns.

In a late-game exchange with the Lakers' coaching staff during a timeout, Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni shouted "We're good. We've got three more games."

LINK
Last FM​

I'm quite concerned about Amare. He played all 82 games last year but now he misses the third game of the year...I really hope this doesnt become a problem all season.
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

SUNS NOTEBOOK
Quote:
Suns Notebook: Stoudemire Could Miss Another Game

Posted: Nov 6 2007 9:14AM
By Matt Paulson
eastvalleytribune.com,
Nov. 6, 2007

Stoudemire
The Suns are still taking a wait-and-see approach with Amar Stoudemires latest knee trouble.

Stoudemire, who sat out Sundays victory over Cleveland due to soreness in his right knee the one that underwent arthroscopic surgery just more than a month ago said he felt a little better Monday.

He participated in the teams brief shootaround before it departed for a four-game East Coast trip, but he didnt test the knee. Stoudemire will do that this morning to determine his status for tonights game against Charlotte.

Hes still day to day, coach Mike DAntoni said.

Stoudemire doesnt believe his injury is serious and said Sunday he sat out as a precaution.

If it was the playoffs, Id have been out there, he said. But its the first week and I want to be smart about it.

If Stoudemire sits, DAntoni said his starters would likely pick up a bulk of the minutes again. Forwards Shawn Marion (46), Grant Hill (40) and Boris Diaw (37) all played at least 10 minutes more Sunday than they had averaged in Phoenixs first two games
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

STAT missed the Tuesday game at Charlotte...not that we needed him. He's day to day. I say rest him against ATL...although he'd deprive NBA fans of another poster dunk on Josh Smith.
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE

Quote:
He's day to day

if the suns have any intelligence or wanna win this year they will let amare take his sweet time healing. if it takes him not playing again until january or febuary for him to come back fully healthy then so be it rather then rush him back and risk losing him. they have the talent to win with or without him so let him take his time and recover.

damn amare i took you 1st in my fantasy league :frown:
frown.gif

also, nash hooked felton sick today. :smh:
smh.gif
LOS ANGELES LAKERS
1949 1950 1952 1953 1954 1972 1980 1982 1985 1987 1988 2000 2001 2002

Edit: I have no clue how to embed it as non auto play so I deleted it. If you know how to do that I'll just send you the video link

2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANET ORANGE

Grant Hill is shooting 37% from the field.
ohwell.gif

Is it too early in the season to say that the Grant Hill experiment is not working out? I'll be honest that I never really paid much attention to him inhis career before he was a Sun...does anyone know - when he's been healthy does he usually start out the season poorly? Or is it a case of him not reallybeing a good fit for the Suns offense?
I'd rather see Diaw in there as the 3 and have Grant come off the bench...we could use his veteran presence when Nash is out of the game. And it wouldprevent Diaw from playing C, a position where he really doesn't belong. Brian Skinner has played well - he should be the primary backup C for STAT.

Some dude offered me Amare Stoudemire for Dwight Howard(obviously I turned it down). Looks like fantasy owners are worried about him.

Grant Hill just said on the broadcast of the Suns game that he's aiming to return next week.

laugh.gif
at upping this...

but they're still in the playoffs as of now. they're definitely sliding but it's not a given that it's gonna continue.

Back
Top Bottom