2007 - Whole Lot Of @#%$ Has Changed.

That's my word to everything I love...

I @#%$ hate the people who run JB... All I wanted was a pair of cool grey, bred XI ; some aquas, chrome, or bred VIII, and the maroon VI

This @#%$ boi dangles the thought of the release of a few of these and gets my hopes up, then pulls it away... Somebody should throw lye in their faces...

I wanna fight each and every one behind these decision... Word To Me... I feel like crying... Its that real :smh:
nono.gif

Code:
      Team SHHHHHHHHHHHH Smacka!!!Call Me Seymore... Why?... Because I SEE MORE!!! Still Smackin Those Thangs!!!

^ but to a lot of people its more than that, its their youth, a small piece that people can still hold on to, the ability to enjoy things that they originally couldn't, or even to enjoy them again.....for example, I really was going to buy as many pairs as I humanly could of the 07 Black/red XI, because I still vividly remember MJ losing two games to Seattle on purpose, just to win the Championship on father's day in a tribute to his, who was murdered the summer before.....and with the bond that me and my dad have, it is and always will be the AJ that has the most meaning to me, I still regret missing out on the 01 retros
mjia8.png

JB is finisho, done, ova, outofhere, bu-bye, peaaaaaaaaaace! LOL.
No more pimping the youth. Its been a long time coming.
Email:Tyjuan19@yahoo.com Aim:Donjuan5133​

sunDOOBIE and METH are prolly the SMARTEST guys on NT by far.. many of you who know me, know I have always made a stand for Gentry everytime I see "FIRE GENTRY" post and it wasnt cause I was on his sack..It was because I have learned that it does go higher than Just GENTRY and JOSIAH, I have wrote to and called thousands of places to try and get answers, I dont just sit back and bash people on a Forum, I have been screwed over just like you all but I tried doing things about and I got educated enough to acknowledge that "JB PEOPLE DO READ THIS FORUM" and you all got to be frontong on yourselves if you think GENTRY is sitting here the past few days reading all the "@#%$" Getnry post and pages about him.I have found out for a fact that Gentry and Josiah arent the ones you need to go to about all this ,,, they have a higher to answer to and SunDOOBIE clearly states how to make sense known: HERE IMMA JUST REPOST what he said

Quote:
A boycott? You guys aren't getting anywhere with that.

Hype > boycott

All this talk about Jordan Brand being over are just rumors. No disrespect to BabyJ but he is just a messenger and I am sure he is told exactly what to post here.

Look at Nike's consolidated financial statements for the 2006 fiscal year, ended May 31, 2006.
www.nike.com/nikebiz/inve...s/q406.pdf

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEAVERTON, Ore. (27 June, 2006) NIKE, Inc. (NYSE:NKE) today reported financial results
for the 2006 fiscal year, ended May 31, 2006. For the fiscal year, revenues grew 9 percent to
$15.0 billion, compared to $13.7 billion last year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Our broader brand portfolio also performed well, with stellar performances for the
year from Brand Jordan...

As long as Jordan Brand is profitable, they will continue producing cheap quality products at a high price. Remember the Name Brand is allready established so why do they need to produce quality products for retros when they know they will sell out regardless(Mars IV). We're not paying for quality here folks, we're paying for the NAME BRAND... PERIOD!

Lastly, Jordan Brand is a subdivision of Nike. Why would they want to put Nike Air on their products for? Yes as a OG head I would like the shoes to look like exact replicas of what I bought years back, but this is a business. They want to establish the Jordan Brand Name by itself so I can understand why Gentry refuses to put the Nike Air. In a busines sense, its pretty obvious why.

People need to understand, Nike is a corporation that answers to its stockholders and board of directors not to a message board.

Instead of a boycott, get those petitions going. Get over 500 names on their with comments and snail mail those petitions to

Philip H. Knight, Chairman of the Board of Directors

Mark Parker, President & Chief Executive Officer, Nike, Inc.

Larry Miller, President, The Jordan Brand

Those are the 3 heads I would complain to. If you're dissatisfied with Gentry's performance, let the people that pay him know.

This is the address you should sent it to:

Nike World Headquarters
One Bowerman Drive
Beaverton, OR 97005-6453
Phone: 1-800-344-6453

BUT METH I think you need to seriously think about getting the revolution started as our leader.. TALK DOESNT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS

Quote:
Yes, advertising and marketing has its role - but ask yourself: how do today's young kids really get the idea that Air Jordans are cool?
Carmelo Anthony doesn't come to your kid's school and promote Air Jordans, but virtually every school has its share of sneaker enthusiasts who perform this role every single day. These are the guys (and gals) who DO care about something as trivial as "nike air" on the back of a sneaker. They're the ones who market the product at the NEIGHBORHOOD LEVEL - and on top of everything else, they're loyal customers as well. Unlike paid sponsors, they're CREDIBLE. Their loyalty hasn't been paid for, but earned. Its the best advertising you could POSSIBLY have.

JORDAN MOTORCYCLE RACE TEAM COLORADO GIXXER SQUAD MEMBER #1 BIKE #23
Don't Hate GENTRY cause you can't Be GENTRY!!

Quote:
but to a lot of people its more than that, its their youth, a small piece that people can still hold on to, the ability to enjoy things that they originally couldn't...

That's real talk.....I remember all my friends getting J's (9s 10s) around the time I was in middle school in NY.

Then this dude came to school w/ the concord's on and I was like oh @#$%.

From then I pressured my parents for some but they couldn't afford $125 sneakers just for me to mess up.

Time passes, then in 2000 when I had a job, I skipped my 2nd Physics class to get to the mall early to get my Spacejams.

And now it's coming to an end, and it's hurting me and anyone else who feels the same way I do.

Go ahead, Gentry, and get that Brand Jordan money, but don't expect me to shell out a single $ for a new Jordan again.

I don't care how good it looks. If it ain't a XVI retro or something before it, I don't want it.

What's Rev & Puma doing these days? :nerd:
nerd.gif

^Thats exactly how I feel fam, I remember going to school late in grammar school just to make sure i got the XI's and the XII's, and so on and so forth all through highschool... I remember going to the mall at 5 am waiting for them to let us in to line up for the re-release of the blk & cement III's ... J's are a part of my life and to see/read/hear about that part dissolving is hard to deal with. I'm with all of that... my above post was just pure emotion, I'm not one of these teenie bobbers who buy every J they see. So when i actually get excited about a release i feel sick when something like this is stated.

with that said, somebody get a petition together and I'm as good as signed up
Code:
      Team SHHHHHHHHHHHH Smacka!!!Call Me Seymore... Why?... Because I SEE MORE!!! Still Smackin Those Thangs!!!

Quote:
calm down homie, its just shoes

See dudes who post this nonsense like this make you feel good about yourself because we as sneakheads know that we put life decisions into a common passion and we can acknowledge that something like this isnt "JUST SHOES" these youngsters who idolize and worship whats the latest "FASHION TREND" by their favorite rapper, singer (example look at his avy) are ones who will never understand the disapointment into this whole issue at hand.. :smh:
nono.gif
at these cats who lack attention
JORDAN MOTORCYCLE RACE TEAM COLORADO GIXXER SQUAD MEMBER #1 BIKE #23
Don't Hate GENTRY cause you can't Be GENTRY!!

^ MJ said he always wanted to win that championship on fathers day and they went up 3-0 in that series quite easily and then two lazy performances in games 4 and 5, and then winning game 6 quite easily.....and I thought I was wrong about the year James was murdered, thanks for correcting me

It's gotten so ridiculous that I could really go either way.

If the Team Line becomes the cornerstone, lol. Most of us won't have to worry about new retros coming out so that's a +. But I doubt it. Mars, a GR, sold out everywhere. Even with the ever-declining quality. Shoe business is getting crazy.

JB could shut down (after I pick up the J's I want, because the price would skyrocket) and it wouldn't bother me. All of the shoes I like are released already, they're just more expensive.

Vidasman is on point. Gentry got a boss, he ain't hearing a damn word you guys say, if I was in that position I wouldn't either. Businesses are about making money FIRST AND FOREMOST. Customer satisfaction gets you that, but when you're such a hyped name brand like JB, you can get rid of the customer satisfaction (to a point) and still make tons of money. JB PROVES that all of the time with their releases. I think they're testing the waters to see how far they can push this. Judging by the Mars sales, they must be ecstatic because the quality was sub-par for many of them, but they sold out instantly.

Actually, it's kind of crazy. Think about what JB could get away with, who wouldn't buy a J just because it doesn't come with shoe laces, or shoe stuffers, or there's some spots missing or creases or messed up stitching, missing paint, dents, etc. Because we know, if we don't buy it, the person behind us will.

So many people's hopes decided by a select few group of people who obviously don't prioritize the "sneakerhead" type customer. Think about what and how you would release if you were making decisions. So if you don't like it, then do something about it like the petitions. Don't just voice your opinion and continue buying from exactly what you're criticizing.

Not trying to lick anyone's popsicle here, but Meth's posts are always the most persuasive and elegantly written arguments I read in any medium: newspaper, magazine, internet, whatever. I don't know what he does for a living or where he was educated, but those are highly intelligent replies he gives.
turn the music up
turn me down

madcapa:
when someone says 'i'd rather collect af1's or bapes than team jordans' you KNOW they're just in it for hype.

This is coming from a person that applauded the absence of Nike Air........wait let me just look for the quote in the other thread.....

madcapa:
Brand Jordan is recognizing the collectors by not placing Nike Air on the back. words cannot explain how happy i am at reading this. this is how it should be. if all the new retros had Nike AIr on the back, then the OG's wouldn't be special anymore.

Why wouldn't OG's be special anymore. The hype/value will die on your precious sneakers that you probably cant even wear anymore.
nono.gif
@ people like you and yes I have been waiting to say something about the quote above.
Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
Campanella - Drysdale - Koufax - Lasorda - Robinson - Valenzuela - Hershiser - Gagne​

it angers me everytime i hear how much they are looking out for the collectors.

how did they look out for the collector of the olympic vii?

^Lol me too, but not in a real serious way, just a "makes me smirk and say to myself...pff...that's BS" kind of way.

It's like a smoker smoking a cigarette, looking at you and saying "don't smoke".

Or maybe it's like Michael Jackson saying he's genuinely concerned with the well being of the children he has relations with.

Or maybe it's like Latrell saying he needs to feed his kids so he needs millions of dollars.

Or maybe it's like Dubya saying this war is for the good of the country.

etc. etc. etc.

I would like to applaud Method Man for his post on page 1.
The most insightful and thought out post Ive ever read on this forum,
well done, youve summed up all of my thoughts exactly.

I've read every post in this thread and have come to the conclusion that we need to mobilize. Some how we have to make a formal complaint to the people in power at Nike. We need to do something similar to what mustang fans did to Ford in the late 80's. I am very passionate about the direction that jordan brand is going in. When I was in elementary and junior high school in the 80s my parents would never spend 100 plus on sneakers for me. I want the shoes I couldn't get from my youth. Those shoes had NIKE AIR on them. I guess the problem I and other shoe heads have is the bastardizing of jordans. Now jordans are a fad. I still look at Air Jordan IVs the same way I did in 1989. Its sad when the retros get more hype than the newest model. When I look at this forum I am surprised how no one hardly talks about the XXIs. How did the attention shift from the newest model to retros? When these shoes dropped originally most of these kids were in diapers or stains on a bed sheet. Jordan Brand needs to recognize that with us there is no them. We made them what they are today.

Back
Top Bottom