2007 - Whole Lot Of @#%$ Has Changed.

Quote:
1st - Forget about seeing exact replica's appear. The Days of '99 are done and no one is even thinking of bringing it back 1 more time.

:stoneface:
indifferent.gif

Totally insane. Has JB really lost their freakin minds?

I'll still cop a few here and there, but Jordans just aren't gonna be that serious to me anymore.

S.Carolina
What's a sneaker boutique?​

i love the difference in the mds posts. lol

ska - resonable/understands

meth - educated/smart answer

cam - what the @#%$. @#%$ @#%$ @#%$

I'm glad to hear that some people actually feel like they're going to stop buying jordans.

i've stopped for a while now. last year i bought a pair of jordans nearly every 2 week. the year before, it was probably even worse. even though i was the one doing it, i still say it's insane. now it stopped. the last pair of jordans i bought was probably a pair of XXs. as for the information i've heard about "no more NIKE AIR", and no XIs, I'm done too. Jordan brand no longer interest me and bores. I now find it corny when people talk about new retro releases. I'm done.

Quote:
I WAS HYPED ABOUT THE MARS (genral release) i believe only 4 stores had them in PORTLAND. (home of NIKE)

i'm sorry, but i'm at work and i couldn't help but laugh out loud. :lol:
laugh.gif

Does this mean that they are not going to retro every Jordan? That would really suck if shoes like the Hares, Bordeauxs, Carmines, and many many others were never retroed. JB is making unbelievable profits right now and imagine how much less JB would sell if they did this. Not only would they not sell shoes they wouldn't sell apparel that goes with the shoes.

Quote:
cam - what the @#%$ @#%$ @#%$.

:rofl:
roll.gif

i didn't even notice that was cam.

licious
I am the Kobe Stopper​
, good luck with your cousin. PM me some day with what happened.

JB did it to themselves .... lets make a congruent example w/ JB and sports cards:

Sports cards died out why? - back in the day, you would get a pack of cards for 50 cents w/ gum, and there were only 3-5 different brands. Now, there are about a thousand brands, no gum, you get like 5 cards in a pack for $10. Cards died out RAPIDLY, and now, cards ain't worth @#%$!

This is the SAME path JB went ... use to release J's once every month or so, about 12-15 a year. EXCELLENT quality, cheaper prices, no BS colorways ... now, they release up to 2 J's a week, TERRIBLE quality, higher retail prices, and TONS of varient like colorways.

My main question is this .... HOW IN THE WORLD DOES JORDAN KEEP LETTING THEM DO THIS TO HIS LEGACY? Is he in the blind to the quality issues, the BS colorways, etc.... I find it hard to believe that he agrees to all this.

Then again, I could be totally wrong, but in the end, WHO GIVES A @#%$!
Father-U-C-King the Police

FOR SALE: Purple Invisible Womans, DR. DOOM Foamposite Pros, MANY XBOX 360 GAMES (College Hoops, NBA Live, Need for Speed, FIFA)

JB IF YOU ARE READING THIS FIRE GENTRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hire someone young that knows what the people want and if the end is inevitable make it profitable retro everything from 1s to 18s in original colors do whatever you can and stop working with dwayne edwards get tinker same for nike bring back classic styles come on man dont let this crap happen
from yonkers to brooklyn to lanham reppin ny and md

It's funny how probably half the crying in here is boo-hoo, the retroes. BFD on the retroes. I'm more concerned with the lack of a future signature shoe more than anything. Having seen the pic of that XXII, yeesh, are we in trouble. The signature line is what allows Jordan to make the Team and the Retro stuff. The signature is the bread and butter of Jordan, and should be treated that way. Until the XIX, the Jordan Signature line was always THE shoe we looked for every year. We'd line up for it, spend a lot of money on it, and be fairly happy. Even with the XVIII, we lined up to buy it, knowing full well Jordan wasn't playing after that year, and even though a lot of .5's and lows were coming out for it. But when the XIX exploded with 5 colors for mids, 3 for SEs, and then all the lows, we lost interest, and went back to retroes. Now, we're getting the same mass flooding with retroes, and we want something else. But no one here knows what we want. We've spent so much time bad mouthing Gentry, and dogging each other, we don't organize and do something. Everyone is making a huge deal out of the Grape V's being limited, being a genereal release. How about Who Cares? Instead of showing Jordan they have us by the short hairs, why not skip it? We've made enough noise that we all want it, and yet they still want to limit it. If for once, we didn't buy into the hype, if we didn't sit here counting down days until a release, maybe it MIGHT make a difference. I think passing on a limited shoe would be a far greater thorn in their side than a general release. Having been lined up on Saturday at the mall, I know that a genereal release is something everyone can see in Finish Line, foot Locker, etc, and not even go online to look for. But l'styles arent. They are in specialty stores. You have to go hunt for them. And instead of waking up to camp out the Friday before a release at a Niketown or a ma and pa shop, sleep in. See how quickly Jordan Brand turns red watching a limited shoe at $145 sit on shelves.

The internet is a wonderful forum to air complaints, likes, dislikes, but a BUNCH of you guys are sitting their worried about your only shoe portfolio, and what sneaker you want to wear once or twice and try to retire on. Right now, every person on this site needs to worry about something else for a change, and that's a shoe we've come to love and respect for almost 22 years now. And you should be REALLY concerned about the direction it's heading. No one here complains about the Team Jordan stuff, because none of us like it. But we do buy the rest of the stuff, and what Jordan is about to do is going to affect every single one of us. Basically, it comes down to does Jordan Brand really care, do they really want our hard earned money, or do we simply sink the economy and quit buying their shoes?

Right now, its looking like after 07, the economy is going in the toilet.

Quote:
1st - Forget about seeing exact replica's appear. The Days of '99 are done and no one is even thinking of bringing it back 1 more time.

This goes for quality,colors,and the return of us seeing any "Nike Air". Sure there will be some coming out I.E. the AJ III etc. but for the most part there will always be some small changes done to the shoe.

0]
alien.gif

Cant agree with much babyj reported. Then again nothing JB does surprises me anymore.

And note how babyj he put "quality" as one thing JB wont be giving us in retros like usual. Speaks volumes to me.

:lol:
laugh.gif
What a joke. Jordan is nothing without the retros. There's no way in hell they're gonna slow down the retro line. Nobody gives a damn about any team shoe or Carmelo's line. Those aren't real Jordan's.

Well its disappointing to hear but it had to happen at some point. Super disappointed about the XI because that means I will never own my grails (I refuse to purchase off of ebay and I refuse to pay some insane amount for a shoe). Like Kast said, as a business JB is making the right move but unfortunately they went about it wrong. They should have spaced out their retro's a lil more and pushed in their team Jordan line in more while doing so. Instead they od'd on the retros and no one really cares too much about the team jordan line (Personally, I sure as hell don't). Right plan, wrong execution. Well it's been good, at least I get to save my money now.

Wow JB and Gentry @#%$ up big time. How could they do this to us? How could they do this to loyal shoe collectors outside of Niketalk? How could they disrespect MJ like this?

Quote:
NO XI

@#%$? Are they trying to go out of business. I'm pretty damn sure they know that every XI that they would release would sell out. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?
AIRJORDANBOY5

Method Man:
Now if I offered you the choice between Ali gear and Bernard Hopkins gear, which would you buy? Take your pick of ANY fighter competing right now. NONE of them could even come close to achieving the clout of an Ali brand.
Gotcha. Good post, man ... as usual.
smile.gif
redsoxmike2000:
i love the difference

ska - resonable/understands

meth - educated/smart answer

cam - what the
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif

roll.gif

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< J-RODS (sz. 11-12) [/b]
(http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/Chick_Hearn_Bio-50564-59.htmlI grew up going mainly to ANGELS and LAKERS games, but I will ALWAYS cheer for my wife's home team (UK WILDCATS) and ALL the rest of MY home teams (SPARKS, XTREME, CLIPPERS, PADRES, DUCKS, TROJANS, CHARGERS, AVENGERS, DODGERS, BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, GALAXY).​

Very disapointed at the fact that this cat has the power to scrape the 11's. I was really looking forward to those.

If I were him I'd be worried too. Post-XI signature shoes are garbage, and there are some downright ghastly Brand releases (like those green TG4 monstrosities for next month). The only reason I'm here, and I suspect I'm not alone, is for I-XI retros that are as close to OG as possible. JB can probably keep retroing near-OG colorways of I-XI, pretty much for ever and still make a pretty penny with all the hypebeasts around here. But no company can afford to live off its own (superior) past. Someone needs to do for JB what Steve Jobs did for Apple a few years ago.

I'd like to have exact OG releases, but I can live with "close enough" versions like the Mars.

team line the future?.....get the @#%$ outta here!.......well baby J can u confirm if gentry changed the green bean 5s back 2 full 3M?

Posted this in the "Against Gentry" post, so I'll put my thoughts here as well..

Wow, where to begin. I am completely disappointed at the news I heard today. A focus on the team line? Laughable, the team line has been down the drain for years. Also, if you are going for a team line your competition will be a company like "And 1" who already has a team line established, or a company like Reebok with the "Team Iversons," etc. And, by the way, both of these companies are making better shoes right now.

I agree the limitedness isn't a problem right now. But the price hikes for absolutely no reason while the quality goes down is ridiculous. You'll never ever see me in here complaining about quality or crying about plastic wings, but when you couple that with price increases, there is a problem.

I was excited about the XI release next year, and all the other amazing shoes coming out. Now to hear that nothing is going to be like the OG, with more Retro + colorways, I am sure JB is headed down the tubes. I never thought I would say that. It is becoming like a Nike Dunk, the same shoes in different colorways. That doesn't appeal to us as consumers...and we are telling you right now, ahead of time.

Jordan Brand was about the man, and the man is done playing. Pay him one final tribute, and stop at 23. Releasing classic models very similar to the original will keep you profits for years to come, but I just don't see the company around forever. I could care less if you stick a jumpman on my retro, just don't screw with it any more. These are classic kicks, so keep them that way. Retro + has ALREADY been overdone..let's not go down that path again.
Check my auctions! Jordan Powerseller!

I think it's time for Gentry to step down from his position with JB and let someone else run with it. He clearly doesn't know what he's doing, which is why he constantly changes his mind.

At this point, I'm starting to get frustrated with JB. I've been a loyal customer since '99, but this crap has GOT to stop. Slow down. No, let me re-emphasize this. SLOW DOWN! We don't need two retro colorways to come out every week, week after week. The Jordan Brand line just doesn't have the exclusivity it had back when MJ was with the Bulls. You all know this feeling. During the 1990's, you'd see someone wearing new J's, and you'd think, "Holy crap!" In 1995, when I saw the Concord XI advertisement with the phone number at the bottom, I went nuts. I thought it was the craziest thing ever. Simple, yet effective.

On the back of the XII's, it reads something like "Quality Products Inspired By The Greatest Ever." That was true in 1996, but, what would JB put on the back of their shoes now - "Subpar Quality Products Inspired by a guy who's getting really nervous"? Enough is enough.

Since a "whole lot of @#%$ has changed," JB should make that extra move and get rid of Gentry. On the court, MJ wanted to win/come out on top. He'd go after anyone who didn't play right, i.e Toni Kukoc or Kwame Brown. Well, Gentry hasn't been playing right for quite a while now. It's time for MJ to go after him as well.

EDIT:

Defeat.jpg

If Gentry will make trash like this the future of the Jordan Brand, then, they will ultimately defeat themselves. I just think it's funny that this is the opening page of jumpman23.com. Maybe it's a sign of things to come.

Back
Top Bottom