2007 - Whole Lot Of @#%$ Has Changed.

Quote:
I could care less if you stick a jumpman on my retro, just don't screw with it any more. These are classic kicks, so keep them that way. Retro + has ALREADY been overdone..let's not go down that path again.

Word. There are enough OG colorways from I-XI to release each one every five years and still sell out in the quantities being released today.

At a minimum, knock it off with the yellow.

I'm actually damn happy with this post. First off, thanks BabyJordan0312.

I am very happy that JB will not be releasing the '99-'03 retros with Nike Air / identical how the released them a few years ago. Let me enjoy my older retros that I dropped $450 per pair on. Does everyone really want to see these "gangsta" hip-hop kids running around in icy Infared VI's? Hell, I am young myself (compared to some of the cats here), but it would kill me seeing black/red IV's or black/silver V's identical to the '99/'00 retros on 3 out of every 10 kids feet.

Thank you JB, and Gentry for not returning the "Nike Air". Let me enjoy the hunt for some that I do not have. Hell, call me crazy but I like paying $450 for black V's and $380 for some SpaceJam's. If it is truly a shoe you love, there is no price range.

Thanks again for the info. I am looking foward to hearing your posts in the near future.

AIM-Lets Make Wafers
Y0! Where my Long Island Niketalker's at?!​

Damn this is crazy... They get us all hyped then they flip on us like that... Well its safe that my collection is definetly retiring after next yr

Well... at least they are helping me slow down this addiction... or stop it.

Where there is a beginning, there is an end.

Its mostly their own damn fault that the signature line is fading away.

They pump us with 2,504 pairs of retros every @#%$ year so thats what people expect to see and are buying. Half the kids coming into the hobby don't know much as is so if they see a billion retros they'll sooner or later just figure thats what JB has to offer.

Gentry is probably setting this up himself so they can end around #23 and he can charge even more.

you guys would not be that mads if ya heard the news earlier. just pretend ya never heard of the 2007 news and call it a day. And if you think about it reretroing the xi is way too early in my book. if jb retros all these og then wut room will they have in future releases?
Join partypoker online and get 25 dollars free. PM me how.

Quote:
im not going to buy team jordan. If doesnt remind me of MJ at all

Quote:
The Team Line will be the future
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
:x
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

lookin to buy size 10.5 jedi's xi,tiffany's iv's III's hit me up

aim-isamusays

hit me up

Jordan Brand will NEVER survive off the team line trust, about 80% of the cats in my area cop Retro's i mean when the average jordan consumer thinks of Air Jordans they don't think of Melo's or the other team Jordans they think of retros like XI's & IV's.

People buy Jordans because they were the shoes the actual man himself wore. Everybody remembers MJ wearing the X's when he came back from retirement or the Space Jams he wore in the movie.

**CAUTION***​

Quote:
If it is truly a shoe you love, there is no price range.

Yea, unless you're a broke college kid or do not have copious amounts of expendble income.

I mean, on one hand I'm glad to hear that JB is gonna slow down with the retros because this will give me a chance to catch up with some older shoes I really want, and will also save me a good deal of money. While I'm sad to see that the Brand is going downhill, it's probably good news for me. I'll always be a shoehead deep down, but JB has caused me to make some unwise monetary decisions. I have 35 pairs of shoes, but no car; I could have saved a lot more money for college, etc.

I wasn't even tempted to buy the XXI, and it looks like the XXII won't elicit any excitement either. (ASIDE: @#%$ is wrong with D'Wayne Edwards, I don't think I've liked a single design he's done.) Aside from the IV, I hadn't bought a retro Jordan, or any Jordan at all, since the XIV came out in december. If things go this way in 07, I'm sure my wallet will be thanking me.
"I swear by the Lord Jesus Chrst and on my Grandmother Bess's grave, I will punch any fool right in the face that I see wearing these."

BABYJ..
First time ever I had to re-read your post 3 times to get everything clear. I DONT KNOW IF IM TIRED OR WHAT.. But I hope he changes his mind (Gentry) and re release some of the 99 models. That will boost some sales. Look at the MARS.. they sold out with in minutes.. Thanks for the info.

I'm with you Baby J & Meth..JB is really pissing the @#%$ outta me..Why would a brand want to throw its brand down the drain like that?..I know Money is their main focus, but you take to the point where Fakes can be categorized in the same sentence and there no problem... :smh:
nono.gif

I just wanted to add some things regarding Baby J's post..

You better believe that what Gentry says behind close doors is different than what he might say in the public... :nerd:
nerd.gif

JB has alot of ideas that they want to execute,and it will interesting to see what they route they end up choosing.

But what we(Me,Baby J,JM,Hoyle,etc) have told you over the past few months was correct at that time,but JB constantly changes decisions with a quickness...So don't harass us for not providing the community with wrong information..Because it was not...

Quote:
1st - Forget about seeing exact replica's appear. The Days of '99 are done and no one is even thinking of bringing it back 1 more time.

This goes for quality,colors,and the return of us seeing any "Nike Air". Sure there will be some coming out I.E. the AJ III etc. but for the most part there will always be some small changes done to the shoe.

2nd - be on the look out for a whole lot of Retro + headed our way.

3rd - The Team Line will be the future corner stone of Brand Jordan. This retro craze will in fact slow down and demand will lower/subside.

Your'e speaking the truth right there,Baby J.Those statements have been what Gentry & his team of Imbecile's was thinking as of lately..

The Retro "+" will be horrible... all of them...Just wait to you see there version of the Cement III's.. :wow:
embarassed.gif

I just don't get it...Why continue to ruin various models of longtime awaited shoes and retros in general and then have the nerve to want to put Nike Air on that pair...Plus over price the thing..(EX:The future Cement III "+"'s were said to feature Nike Air.)

I mean are you trying to purposley piss us off.. >:
mad.gif

But yeah..Im done with this..

I think it was Meth or OGFreshReady who had the thought of making a "Team I Hate Gentry" or w/e it was called..

Well i tried to defend him on various occasions,but with this latest stunt, are yall accepting any new members?

I'm out..But yeah Like Baby J new news is coming...

PO

Quote:
be on the look out for a whole lot of Retro + headed our way.

Oh, I guess I can put some money in the bank then!!! Cuz I am not buying retro+ junk!!!
I just want OG's..BIG SIGH!! :stoneface:
indifferent.gif

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!! :x
sick.gif

Yo Mook, Stay Black!​

Quote:
The Retro "+" will be horrible... all of them...Just wait to you see there version of the Cement III's.

White cements or black cements? So if neither are going to have nike air ahould I just cop the '01 and '03 pairs instead
F/S: NDS White/Silver Vs sz 11 w/lacelocks $170
VVNDS Mist IVs sz 11.5, w/everything $125.
DS Tier-0 AM03 Vars.Red sz 10 $190 - AM360 Silver/Red & White/Silver sz 7.5 $175 each
AIM:Jonny91589 Email Jonny207@yahoo.com

when gentry says "the team line is the future" do you think he believes that, or does he know the brand is dieing. never thought it would be so soon. this post gave me a sick feeling in my stomach.
i have vii cardinals for sale sz 10. pm me if interested.

Quote:
when gentry says "the team line is the future" do you think he believes that, or does he know the brand is dieing. never thought it would be so soon. this post gave me a sick feeling in my stomach.

i'm right there with you for 2 reasons (wearing and selling Jordans.
[/url]

[/url]

Quote:
This goes for ,colors, and the return of us seeing any "Nike Air". Sure there will be some coming out I.E. the AJ III etc. but for the most part there will always be some small changes done to the shoe.

So basically, Gentry is telling us that they are aware of the terrible quality of recent Retro's and he/they are fine with that?

:smh:
nono.gif

I've said this before, and Ill say it again: Air Jordan's are the new Air Force 1's/Dunks. JB has "whored-out" classic shoes that revolutionized the industry in the past. When I looked at the Air Jordan IV a few years ago, I saw an amazing shoe that made me reminisce Michael Jordan, and the things he has done in those shoes. It made me want to own all of those original color ways because of what the shoe stood for. Now, I don't see a difference between an Air Force 1, and the Air Jordan IV. Both seem to release every other week, in every possible color way and that makes them undesirable to a "real shoe head".

All of these classics (III's, IV's, V's etc.) are being "whored-out" and will soon (if not already) be just another Air Force 1, or Dunk, or whatever shoe is hyped up and overdone.

I'm not even angry at the fact that JB doesn't "care" about us, the fans of the man and the shoes. I'm angry because JB doesn't care about the actual shoes, the legacy that they had and should continue to have.

:frown:
frown.gif
great way to start the day, read some depressing stuff from BabyJ. But thanks anyway for the info., we all saw this comin, n lookin at it from Gentry's position it makes some sense n i see he has some prioritys, JB is a buisness, $ is #1 priority. Seriously, look at all these lil kids(10 or younger) how many actually know the significance of the name Michael Jordan? jus wait 5yrs, as sad as it sounds, MJ wont be a household name, Lebron n D.wade, Kobe will be as they all ready have.
OK im gona go look at that post with pics of the XXII, passed over it cause i wanted to look at it last for some reason. Hopefully it will lift me up a lil bit.

Back
Top Bottom