*** 2008 NBA ALL STAR: FULL ROSTERS! (Update on Allen-Butler + RASHEED) ***

Edit the Western conference coach to Byron Scott
pimp.gif

Did I already post in this thread? Can't even remember, but....

I'm happy that Roy made the squad. Coaches voted him in, they know bball more than anyone. They went with substance (Roy) over flash (BD). Heck,Roy is a coach's son. There's a lot of guards in the league who put up numbers and make dazzling plays, but there is something oh so subtle about Roy's game that only a keen eye is able to observe. He is so special in that he can impact a game without having the ballin his hands, he can even change a game during a deadball situation by directing his teammates. He is already one of the best floor leaders in thegame. He is wise beyond his years. I can't help but to fantasize what it would be like to coach a player like that. I think WesternConference coaches felt the same way when they voted him in. Baron Davis? Scintillating player indeed. But I think his erraticness is somethingmany NBA observers are turned off by. The fadeaway 3-pointers with 15 on the shot clock, the unnecessary twirling passes, and the scoringmentality he has. Maybe that hurts him being that he is a point-guard, where as guys like Nash, Paul, and Roy look to set the table. I think BDiddy's time will come.... someday. I also think playing for Don Nelson hurts him. I don't if you guys are aware of this, but his untraditionalstyle of basketball is not well appreciated by his peers. It hasn't won him any titles. Heck, it hasn't yielded him any trips to the Finals that I'm aware of. All of these things are embedded in their minds.

Originally Posted by michaud07

Breaking news, the San Francisco Bay water level raised an astonishing 2 feet today due to the tears of Golden State Warriors fans. Check back at 10 p.m. for more updates.
poor attempt at humor.
smh.gif

You guys don't really get me...
I know last year's playoff performance is not counted..
What I'm saying is: He deserves it more than Paul due to last year's playoff moments..
He had a slow start with the Warriors this seasons, crappy, because he fought for the team alone..
I have no arguments for that..
wink.gif

But if you think about the upset last year, what Paul had achieve this year is nothing compared to that.

Yeah, call me 2 year old or 5 year old, whatever.
I think long terms. I was talking about "DESERVE", not who's better.
This year's performance wise, of course Paul is better.
smh.gif

Flame, flame, flame, old-mature people..
smile.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why am I the only Warriors fan that isn't crying about Davis. I was telling everyone yesterday that there's no way he makes the roster. Whatdid you think, he was going to make it over Paul or Nash? The 2 best PG's in the league?

Did I already post in this thread? Can't even remember, but....

I'm happy that Roy made the squad. Coaches voted him in, they know bball more than anyone. They went with substance (Roy) over flash (BD). Heck, Roy is a coach's son. There's a lot of guards in the league who put up numbers and make dazzling plays, but there is something oh so subtle about Roy's game that only a keen eye is able to observe. He is so special in that he can impact a game without having the ball in his hands, he can even change a game during a deadball situation by directing his teammates. He is already one of the best floor leaders in the game. He is wise beyond his years. I can't help but to fantasize what it would be like to coach a player like that. I think Western Conference coaches felt the same way when they voted him in. Baron Davis? Scintillating player indeed. But I think his erraticness is something many NBA observers are turned off by. The fadeaway 3-pointers with 15 on the shot clock, the unnecessary twirling passes, and the scoring mentality he has. Maybe that hurts him being that he is a point-guard, where as guys like Nash, Paul, and Roy look to set the table. I think B Diddy's time will come.... someday. I also think playing for Don Nelson hurts him. I don't if you guys are aware of this, but his untraditional style of basketball is not well appreciated by his peers. It hasn't won him any titles. Heck, it hasn't yielded him any trips to the Finals that I'm aware of. All of these things are embedded in their minds.
+1

If you were an NBA coach, and you had one spot left to vote for. You narrowed it down to two players. One is better statisticaly in every major category, butis slightly arrogant and rubs people the wrong way. The other is a nice second year player who gave you an ipod. Who would you vote for?

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why am I the only Warriors fan that isn't crying about Davis. I was telling everyone yesterday that there's no way he makes the roster. What did you think, he was going to make it over Paul or Nash? The 2 best PG's in the league?
Well, Brandon Roy, 4th PG of the team, made it.
laugh.gif

And Ska, he cleaned my bathroom on his boxer last week as $40/hour side job..
He always talks about how good David West and Chandler, but not Paul..

dland24, I'd pick someone else who's better, like Camby, rather than picking up the sophomore who kisses butt by giving out iPod but acting all humbleon national tv.

:nerd: :wow: Wow, Shaq didn't make it into the list! Is this the first time in his career to be left out? I agree why he wasn't, I'm just surprised.

Originally Posted by 24 K B 8

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

Screw it...I hope Baron and the whole team plays with a chip on their shoulders for the rest of the season and playoffs

Warriors won't even sniff the playoffs bud....
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
u serious? And I suppose your beloved Lakers are worlds better? GS is in the 8 seed.......... Minnesota or Miami is an example of not sniffing theplayoffs.......

Baron Davis? Scintillating player indeed. But I think his erraticness is something many NBA observers are turned off by. The fadeaway 3-pointers with 15 on the shot clock, the unnecessary twirling passes, and the scoring mentality he has. Maybe that hurts him being that he is a point-guard, where as guys like Nash, Paul, and Roy look to set the table. I think B Diddy's time will come.... someday. I also think playing for Don Nelson hurts him. I don't if you guys are aware of this, but his untraditional style of basketball is not well appreciated by his peers. It hasn't won him any titles. Heck, it hasn't yielded him any trips to the Finals that I'm aware of. All of these things are embedded in their minds.
while i do agree with you that playing under Nelson's system hurt his chances, that's how the warriors play. we shoot 3pters whenthere's 15, hell 20 on the shot clock. but baron impacts the game just as much if not more than roy when he's on or off the floor. why do you thinkhe plays so many minutes? the warriors lose focus when he's not out there. it's a different team when he's on the bench.

It's also not his "untraditional" style, it's the whole team's. should it be a factor in deciding who makes an all star game? idon't think so, it probably does though. if you look at their stats, if you look at the overall record, then i see no argument as to why baronshouldn't be in. but anyway, baron already has had his time, he's been to this show before.

Why am I the only Warriors fan that isn't crying about Davis. I was telling everyone yesterday that there's no way he makes the roster. What did you think, he was going to make it over Paul or Nash? The 2 best PG's in the league?
i really don't understand when ppl use the term "crying" when all we're doing is justifying the fact that a player whodidn't make the team, should have.

Seriously... Baron Davis over Brandon Roy.. No questions asked.. The main reason Roy got in was b/c of that 13 game winning streak and leading Portland to awinning record.. . He deserved it as well, but what makes his case better than Baron Davis... Better statistically, Better player, Team has a better record.. Iam stumped on why they chose him.. Time to move on to the game... Well 2 Hornets got in and Byron Scott..Thats good enough.. Woot Woot..

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

WTH?? dummy no ones debating he was gonna make it over nash or paul, its a debate over Roy
eyes.gif

the roster is on point...but i would of went with..

B. Diddy over Roy
Ray Allen over Joe Johnson

Originally Posted by DTruth07

the roster is on point...but i would of went with..

B. Diddy over Roy
Ray Allen over Joe Johnson

Right on the $$$.B.Diddy over Roy. Baron averaging 23 8 and 6 with 2.5 steals...Roy averaging 19 6 5 and 1 stl and the warriors have 2 more wins thanPortland. Sure the run and gun style gives Baron more stats but NO DOUBT this is Barons best year hes been pretty much injury free as far as games played. Roy deserved it but not more than Baron. I aint no salty Warriors fan or anything but he got Robbed not snubbed.
roll.gif
Maybe the coaches just don't respect G.States style of play but c'mon.
As far as Ray Allen he should of made it for the simple fact of that year the Pistons had 4 all stars commin off the bench.They have 36 wins. He also gotrobbed
And my boy Calderon will be the East's starting PG next year mark my words. Only reason he aint on the team now is because he wasn't the starting PGfor the Raps the whole year.
B.Diddy=ROBBED
Ray Allen= ROBBED
Calderon= I'll see you next year
Vent Over.....
laugh.gif

All this complaining about Roy just shows that people either..
A) Dont watch him play.
B) Watch him play but cant appreciate all the things he does outside of the stat line that makes him a great player.
C) Know nothing about basketball.

.....Its like the 2006 College Player of the Year snubbing all over again...people get so hyped over stats.....

nba_g_roy_195.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I agree that Brandon Roy is the right choice, but....

You know when people start off with "You must not really watch/know a thing about basketball" if such and such?

Stop that. *%$% is annoying.

Know > No

Know > No
laugh.gif
Oops thanks for catching that...

You know when people start off with "You must not really watch/know a thing about basketball" if such and such?

Stop that. *%$% is annoying.
Its just that alot of what has made him a great player in both college and the NBA is alot of stuff thatdoesn't get put on SC and isn't reflected in a box score.
I'm not trying to insult anyone its just that some people only look at numbers and judge a player solely on them....all I'm saying is numbers don'ttell the whole story.

Back
Top Bottom