2009 Dallas Maverick offseason post.

First decide whats going to happen with J Kidd.

I say bring him back.

Then trade Josh Howard for Stephen Jackson.

Golden State does it because their back court is crowded and S-Jack makes ALOT of money. Josh Howard is expiring and a decent player plus Don drafted him.

Then throw whole MLE at Shawn Marion. That's the best the can get at this point.

Then you trade Stackhouse's contract for either Kaman or Camby. The Clippers probably would give Kaman. Because of his injury issues plus Stack'scontract is fully guaranteed so only have to pay him 2.5 million next year.

Bring back B.Bass and Hollins as well.

Finally at the 22nd pick one of those point guards will be availible. Say Patty Mills for example.

That's give you a rotation of:

PG-J Kidd/Patty Mills/ JJ
SG-S-Jax/Jet
SF-Shawn Marion/Wright
PF-Dirk/B Bass
C-Kaman/Damp/ Hollins

That team barring injury can get out the West,

all the mavs need is an ok center and a young pg

get rid of ericka and put kidd on the bench ( if he resigns )

If Shawn Marion costs the MLE, he will be back in Toronto.

Bet that, He and Colangelo got a bromance going on.

I expect Cuban to sit on his #%$ and wait for Bosh in 2010. Meanwhile, drafting some no-name Euro bum with the 22nd pick

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Then trade Josh Howard for Stephen Jackson.

Golden State does it because their back court is crowded and S-Jack makes ALOT of money. Josh Howard is expiring and a decent player plus Don drafted him.
jackson had a good year, we wont trade him for josh howard

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

I expect Cuban to sit on his @#% and wait for Bosh in 2010. Meanwhile, drafting some no-name Euro bum with the 22nd pick

Cubes is not playing around this off season, we will land a MAJOR trade this summer.

Since I think this core has run it's course, I would trade Dirk, JET, Stack, Howard for young players, expiring contracts and draft picks.

ben gordon, ai, you need another scorer to complement dirk
paul millsap? he's out there and i think any team would want him if the price is right.
josh howard is a first quarter player with glass ankles, his value is low, but he has a tradeable contract
try and snag shaq
cuban gonna wait for 2010 class

I think Barkley hit the nail on the head - we need some pit bull type players who can rebound. The only one we have is Bass and he's undersized. UntilDallas get some guys on the frontcout who can rebound and play aggressively, this team aint going nowhere.

I'm huge on Patty Mills too, I don't think he'll fall that low. He's not as under the radar as people think, especially after his olympicsperformance.

But most simply put, Mavs as always need to get younger and more athletic, which has been the story for the last couple yrs. I feel like somehow they'llend up with some more veteran guys and unathletic, non defensive, jump shooting big dudes.

They can't lose Bass or Hollins though. If I'm Hollins, I'm trying to bandwagon over onto Denver though.

They need better than Eric Dampier. He has been a burden on that franchise since he signed there

#1 Nellie is not trading stephen jackson...and if he were to trade him, he's DAMN sure not going to trade him to the Mavs. Cuban and Nellie are in alawsuit so scratch that.

It's kinda sad though because anyone of GS' SG's would be an upgrade over antoine wright. Azubuike , Bellineli and Crawford probably could be hadat the right price too.

Dallas' best bet will probably be to wait and see what happens w/ t-mac in houston or vince. Phoenix would have to buy shaq out or be willing to acceptdampier's contract which wont happpen.

Trading for Kaman would be great but, who would the clippers take?

I agree they should re-sign kidd and buy some 1st round picks from teams looking to save money.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Cubes is not playing around this off season, we will land a MAJOR trade this summer.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Since I think this core has run it's course, I would trade Dirk, JET, Stack, Howard for young players, expiring contracts and draft picks.

Everyone except Dirk. I highly doubt Cuban will let Dirk go anywhere else unless Dirk himself demanded a trade.

Originally Posted by DMan14

ben gordon, ai, you need another scorer to complement dirk
paul millsap? he's out there and i think any team would want him if the price is right.
josh howard is a first quarter player with glass ankles, his value is low, but he has a tradeable contract
try and snag shaq
cuban gonna wait for 2010 class
I've always said that JET is AI lite... And I made a thread basically saying AI = BG. So I really don't see why the Mavs would try to signAI or BG when they already have a similar player in JET.
Millsap is going NOWHERE. I'm pretty sure the Jazz would let Boozer walk instead of Paul.
J-Ho should have been traded LAST year. I don't know why Cuban sat on that one. Next summer his value will be way lower than it was last summer.
Shaq in Dallas is an ok fit. but I still don't think he's the "missing link".

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Cubes is not waiting till 2010, he has said it countless times.

Agreed.

First off, Congrats to the Mavericks for a great season, exceeded my expectations.
However, changes need to be made.
The team definitely needs to get younger, getting rid of Kidd could be one of the moves the Mavericks make this summer
Unless we can get another Star to surround our nucleus, the Mavs are better off letting Kidd go, picking up a couple quality free agents, draft the bestavailable...

and get ready for the Summer of '10.

Go Mavs.

laugh.gif

I have a feeling the Mavs would take Psycho T.

Also, I want Rick back.

All I want on this team is Dirk and Bass, that's all I care about. Singleton and Barea are alright too because they'll be cheap.

The Clippers take Stack for Kaman because he is injury prone as hell and makes a lot of money for a long time.

Stack's contract only partially guaranteed so basically the team that gets him only has to pay 2.5 mill but can give up a player that costs 7.5-10 million.

I trade Damp/Josh Howard for Shaq and Barnes. If they want Wright or Hollins, take them too.

JET+Bass for Shawn Marion.

Trade Stack for a a good MLE-esque player. I know it sounds off the walls, but I'd want someone like John Salmons or something like that for Stack. Forwhat the Rockets traded for Ron Artest, Cuban should be able to pull off a deal like that as long as he's willing to put up with it. I'd like FranciscoGarcia, but that's just me.

Re-sign Kidd where he'd excel, WITH SOME PEOPLE WHO CAN CATCH A DAMN BALL.

I'd love to somehow get Artest, I'd give my left nut for Artest on this squad...

Kidd
Artest
Marion
Dirk
Shaq

Yeah, it's the off-season, I can dream..
pimp.gif

Really though, I want Rick back, and if we keep Kidd, we better be moving a lot of our other pieces, because if we keep what we have, it's not goinganywhere.

Number one priority, get Dampier off this team.

Also, you're out of your mind if you think Dirk is going anywhere. Cuban will not let that happen. He will trade every single player on the roster beforehe CONTEMPLATES moving Dirk.

We need at least one more player that plays the same role as Bass. Hollins is a good energy guy but lacks the IQ, so he picks up too many fouls to playconsistently.

Maybe Cuban should drive around the playgrounds in Dallas and grab some guy who will bust his $@* to get rebounds, and produce better offensively than Damp(not that it's very hard).

If we can acquire Mills in the draft then I'm all for it - the kid's got a level head on his shoulders.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Barea[/color] -Played pretty well this season, obviously he's short put he can get to the rim andbrings Earl Boykins type play off the bench
Bass - While undersized, is a beast - should have been used more in this series, needs to beresigned at all costs.
Carroll, Matt - His defense is such a letdown his streaky jumper isnt worth having - still along time left on that contract too. If he can improve his game at all then keep him otherwise might be worth buying out
Dampier, Erick - Contract on the books till end of 2011 season, and I don't think thesuitors are lining up. If we can find a replacement for him, he should come off the bench.
George, Devean - I hate this guy so much, he's gotta go. Alwayslaunching Treys and generally hurting team chemistry
mad.gif
Player option whichI doubt he'll exercise
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Green, Gerald[/color] - Has had years to develop now, I don't think he's going to get anybetter. The kid just has a terrible bball IQ. Don't resign
Hollins, Ryan - I like what I've seen from him, exactly what we need in long atheltic type.If he can put on some more muscle his aggressiveness could be useful.
Howard, Josh - If we can get anything of value/pieces that fit us in return I think he'sgotta go - Josh has played OK, but his injury concerns and lack of toughness are not needed.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Kidd, Jason[/color] - If we draft mills, depending on his readiness, have Kidd start until he can takeover. Kidd will probably want to go to a contender I imagine so we'll have to see how that works out in terms of resigning him.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Nowitzki, Dirk[/color] - No brainer, but Dirk's almost 31 so not much time left. I would be open totrading him if we can't make significant changes this offseason and get good value in return
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Singleton, James [/color] - I like what he's shown, good piece to keep. Resign but don't breakthe bank and develop him!!
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Stackhouse, Jerry [/color] - Obviously keep as trade bait.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Terry, Jason[/color] - Terry's played well but dissapeared these playoffs.. I don't thinkhe's very wanted but open to trading him if we can get something good.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Williams, Shawne [/color] - did !*!! all, cut
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Wright, Antoine[/color] - Showed some flashes. Really hasnt developped much since his NJ days buthe's here till 2010 anyway so keep

Heres the contract details for our team:
Code:
  Br                          Date    # of      total   Player                   signed   years     salary     misc          FA  Brandon Bass ..........  7/26/07    2      minimum                  '09  Devean George .........  8/20/08    2    $4 million           p-opt '09  Gerald Green ..........   7/3/08    1      minimum                  '09  Ryan Hollins ..........  7/25/08    1     $1 million                '09  Jason Kidd ............  7/24/03    6    $103,572,000               '09  James Singleton .......  7/11/08    1      minimum                  '09  Antoine Wright ........  7/11/08    2     $4 million                '10  Jerry Stackhouse ......  7/13/07    3    $21 million                '10  Shawne Williams .......   7/6/06    4     $6,827,147    rc          '10  Jose Juan Barea .......   7/9/08    3     $5 million          t-opt '11  Erick Dampier .........  8/25/04    7    $73 million                '11  Josh Howard ........... 7/3/03,10/29/06  4+4  $4,258,523+$42 mill   '11  Dirk Nowitzki ......... 1/21/99,10/23/01,9/26/06                                    4+6+3 $6,906,835+$79.3mill+$60mill '11  Jason Terry ...........  7/24/06    6    $57 million                '12  Matt Carroll ..........  7/17/07    6    $27 million                '13

The FIRST move they need to make is get rid of Dumpier.
Next resign Kidd or at least try to get back in talks to try to make that Felton trade happen again.
Trade Howard for a decent Shooting guard.
Try to sign Artest
and then trade Stackhouses contract for Kaman.

Since ya'll want to keep Dirk and settle for second round exits for the next 3-5 years, then here's my moves
laugh.gif

Draft Jrue Holiday.

Trade Josh Howard for Gerald Wallace.

Trade Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse for Vince Carter.

Re-Sign Jason Kidd, Brandon Bass and Ryan Hollins to 2 year deals.

Sign Chris Wilcox with the MLE.

Rotation should be:
Hollins, Dirk, Wallace, Carter, Kidd, Wilcox, Bass, Wright, Holiday.

If you're wondering where Erick Dampier is, he's in a suit and tie for however long his contract lasts
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Since ya'll want to keep Dirk and settle for second round exits for the next 3-5 years, then here's my moves
laugh.gif

Draft Jrue Holiday.

Trade Josh Howard for Gerald Wallace.

Trade Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse for Vince Carter.

Re-Sign Jason Kidd, Brandon Bass and Ryan Hollins to 2 year deals.

Sign Chris Wilcox with the MLE.

Rotation should be:
Hollins, Dirk, Wallace, Carter, Kidd, Wilcox, Bass, Wright, Holiday.

If you're wondering where Erick Dampier is, he's in a suit and tie for however long his contract lasts
laugh.gif
sick.gif

He can go jump off a cliff for all I care.

He is the biggest waste of space, ever.

And that's including Shawn Bradley, at least Shawn blocked a few shots while getting posterized, Dampier just fumbles passes my late grandmother couldmake.

I don't think the Bobcats bite on Josh.

I'm all for trying to make a move for EITHER VC or Tracy though. Tracy and Dirk together = trouble. A legit scorer behind Dirk?
laugh.gif
I can dream.

Back
Top Bottom