2009 Denver Nuggets Off-Season thread - 9/25: Joey Graham signed

2yytu95.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]
[/color]
"We just need to stick together," forward Carmelo Anthony said. "We need everybody back. We want everybody back. We want our same team. It took the Lakers a couple years to get where they're at right now. It took time. That's where I see our team right now."

Congratulations to the Nuggets on quite a successful season. Going back to October, I don't think anybodywould've predicted that they would still playing at the end of May.

2009-2010 Season Schedule: The Nuggets will kick off their start to the '09-'10season at the Pespsi Center on Wednesday, October 28 against the Utah Jazz in a nationally televised game on ESPN. The Nuggets' full 82 game schedule forthe year can be found here: NUGGETS: 2009-10 NUGGETSSCHEDULE
  • Note: The Nuggets final 2 pre-season games will be nationally televised: October 22 @ Los Angeles Lakers (Honda Center, Anaheim, CA) [TNT, 10:00 p.m. ET] & October 23 @ Los Angeles Lakers (San Diego Sports Arena, San Deigo, CA) [ESPN, 10:30 p.m. ET]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Free Agents:[/color]
Dahntay Jones - Signed with the Indiana Pacers on July 8 (4 years/$11 Million)
Chris Andersen - Agreement reached with the Nuggets on July 7; officially re-signed on July 8 (5 years/Up to$26 Million after incentives)
Anthony Carter - Re-signed with the Nuggets on August 14 (1 year/$1.3 Million)
Jason Hart
Linas Kleiza (Restricted) - Signed with Greek team Olympiakos on August 10 (2 years/$12.2 Million with anopt-out clause after the first year)
Johan Petro - Re-signed with the Nuggets on August 27 (Terms of the deal are unknown)

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]2009 Draft Picks:[/color]
2nd Round, Pick No. 34 Overall

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]2009 Draft Results:[/color]
Pick #18 - Ty Lawson / PG / 5'11"/ 195 lbs. / University of North Carolina / Junior
  • Acquired from the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for a future protected first round draft pick of the Charlotte Bobcats. The Nuggets acquired the future protected first-round pick of the Bobcats last summer on June 25, 2008 in exchange for the Nuggets' 2008 first round draft pick.
Pick #34 - Sergio Llull / G / 6'3" / 190 lbs. / Real Madrid (Spain) / Turning 22 later this year
  • The Nuggets traded the draft rights of Sergio Llull to the Houston Rockets in exchange for cash considerations.
[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Other Nuggets News:[/color]
May 29, 2009 - Nene broke his left forearm in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals and will wear a splint for 3-4weeks.
June 9, 2009 - Dahntay Jones underwent successful arthroscopic surgery on his right shoulder to remove a bonespur.
June 19, 2009 - The Nuggets will be part of the first-ever NBA game in Taipei when they play an exhibition game thereagainst the Indiana Pacers on October 8, 2009.
June 30, 2009 - JR Smith was sentenced to 30 days in jail & 500 hours talking to hospitalized children after pleading guilty to reckless driving, a chargestemming from a fatal traffic accident in 2007 that killed his friend Andre Bell.
July 1, 2009 - The Nuggets have met with unrestricted free agent Channing Frye & have begun contract negotiations with Chris Andersen.
July 7, 2009 - The Nuggets have reportedly reached an agreement with Chris Andersen. The back-loaded deal will pay Andersen up to $26,000,000 over a period of5-years. Andersen will make $3,700,000 in the upcoming season.
July 8, 2009 - Dahntay Jones has reached an agreement with the Indiana Pacers. He will receive a 4-year deal worth $11,000,000.
July 13, 2009 - The Denver Nuggets have acquired guard Arron Afflalo and forward Walter Sharpe from the Detroit Pistons in exchange for a second round pick inthe 2011 NBA Draft.
July 24, 2009 - JR Smith was released from prison 6 days early.
July 29, 2009 - The Denver Nuggets have offered Anthony Carter a 1-year contract for the minimum amount, $1,300,000.
July 31, 2009 - The Nuggets have traded Sonny Weems & Walter Sharpe to the Milwaukee Bucks in exchange for Malik Allen.
August 7, 2009 - The Nuggets have traded Steven Hunter and a protected first round pick in the 2010 NBA Draft to the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for a futureconditional second round pick.
August 10, 2009 - Linas Kleiza has signed with the Greek squad Olympiakos. It's a 2-year deal worth $12,200,000 and includes a clause which allows him toopt-out after his first season. If he does opt-out after his first season, he will once again become a restricted free agent, with his rights still belongingto the Nuggets.
August 14, 2009 - The Nuggets have re-signed veteran back-up PG Anthony Carter to a 1-year deal worth $1,300,000.
August 23, 2009 - Renaldo Balkman arrested for suspicion of DUI in Florida.
August 27, 2009 - The Denver Nuggets have re-signed seldom used back-up center Johan Petro. Terms of the contract were not released.
August 28, 2009 - The NBA announced today that J.R. Smith of the Denver Nuggets has been suspended without pay for seven games for pleading guilty to recklessdriving. Smith's violation came in connection with a 2007 accident resulting in the death of a passenger in Smith's car, and for prior and subsequentmotor vehicle offenses. Smith's suspension will commence with the first game of the 2009-10 NBA regular season for which he is eligible and physically ableto play.
September 22, 2009 - The Denver Nuggets have acquired swingman James White from the Houston Rockets in exchange for the draft rights to forward Axel Hervelle,a 2005 pick who has yet to play in the NBA.
September 25, 2009 - The Denver Nuggets have signed free agent small forward Joey Graham. The one-year, non-guaranteed contract is worth $900,00

VSL_2008_IndexBanner_740.jpg

The Denver Nuggets took part in the 2009 NBA Summer League Presented by EA SPORTS in LasVegas, Nevada, marking their sixth-straight year doing so. The 2009 Summer League was once again played at both the COX Pavilion and the Thomas & MackCenter on the UNLV campus from July 10-19.

The Nuggets played five games during this year's competition, taking on the New Orleans Hornets, Portland Trail Blazers, San Antonio Spurs, WashingtonWizards and NBA D-League Select Team.

This year's roster featured second-year guard/forward Sonny Weems as well as guard Ty Lawson, the 18th overall pick from North Carolina who was acquiredby the Nuggets from the Minnesota Timberwolves in a draft-night trade on June 26. Weems averaged 1.6 ppg in 12 games with the Nuggets last season and alsohelped lead the Colorado 14ers to the NBA Development League title, averaging 20.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg and 3.0 apg in 21 games. Lawson was named the 2009 AtlanticCoast Conference Player of the Year and was a key member of the Tarheels' 2009 NCAA Championship team.

Denver's roster consisted of five players with previous NBA experience, including former first round draft picks Kareem Rush and Cedric Simmons.

The team was coached by Nuggets Assistant Coach John Welch.

Denver's 2009 NBA Summer League game-by-game schedule/archive, team statistical leaders and roster are listed below.
[table][tr][td]Nuggets 2009 Summer League Schedule
(Las Vegas, Nevada)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Time (PT)[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Result[/td] [td]Location[/td] [td]TV Coverage[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tue., July 14[/td] [td]7:00 PM[/td] [td]Denver vs. San Antonio[/td] [td]L (78-76)[/td] [td]Cox Pavilion[/td] [td]Click Here[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed., July 15[/td] [td]7:30 PM[/td] [td]Denver vs. Washington[/td] [td]W (77-70)[/td] [td]Thomas & Mack Center[/td] [td]Click Here[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri., July 17[/td] [td]7:00 PM[/td] [td]Denver vs. Portland[/td] [td]W (111-93)[/td] [td]Cox Pavilion[/td] [td]Click Here[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat., July 18[/td] [td]7:30 PM[/td] [td]D-League Select vs. Denver[/td] [td]W (94-90)[/td] [td]Thomas & Mack Center[/td] [td]Click Here[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun., July 19[/td] [td]5:30 PM[/td] [td]Denver vs. New Orleans[/td] [td]W (107-105)[/td] [td]Thomas & Mack Center[/td] [td]Click Here[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Nuggets Summer League Team Leaders
(Through July 19)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Points[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ty Lawson[/td] [td]17.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sonny Weems[/td] [td]16.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Coby Karl[/td] [td]15.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ronald Dupree[/td] [td]14.0[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Rebounds[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C.J. Giles[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cedric Simmons[/td] [td]6.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sonny Weems[/td] [td]6.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Coby Karl[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Minutes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sonny Weems[/td] [td]33.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ty Lawson[/td] [td]31.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Coby Karl[/td] [td]30.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ronald Dupree[/td] [td]25.6[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Click here for 2009 Summer League Leaders[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Nuggets 2009 Summer League Roster

[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]No.[/td] [td]Player[/td] [td]Pos.[/td] [td]Ht.[/td] [td]Wt.[/td] [td]School/Country[/td] [td]Exp.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Derrick Byars[/td] [td]G/F[/td] [td]6-7[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]Vanderbilt[/td] [td]R[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Dontaye Draper[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]5-11[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]College of Charleston[/td] [td]R[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Ronald Dupree[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-7[/td] [td]209[/td] [td]LSU[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]C.J. Giles[/td] [td]F/C[/td] [td]6-11[/td] [td]240[/td] [td]Oregon State[/td] [td]R[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Richard Hendrix[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]255[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [td]R[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]Coby Karl[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]Boise State[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Ty Lawson[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]5-11[/td] [td]195[/td] [td]North Carolina[/td] [td]R[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Kareem Rush[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]Missouri[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Cedric Simmons[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]235[/td] [td]North Carolina State[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Sonny Weems[/td] [td]G/F[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]203[/td] [td]Arkansas[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
Feel free to post opinions on the past/upcoming season, quotes, pictures, video,whatever you feel will add to this thread.

Nuggets can get a back-up in round 1 or 2 of this years draft....this draft is PG heavy....patty mills?
glasses.gif

also, do you think that Anderson will get the full MLE? He's gonna have a lot of suitors...and guaranteed, someone will overpay.

For all the BS that surrounded Dahntay Jones, I love what he brings to the table.

With Billups at the helm to START the season, this team could be sniffing 60 wins...

Been meaning to ask you, but weren't you a Raptors fan early in the season?
nerd.gif

Anyways, from an outsider:

Re-sign Bird to a deal similar to James Jones (4 year deal but only first 2 years are guaranteed).

Re-sign Kleiza to a deal similar to Sasha Vujacic (3 year-$15M).

Draft/sign a back up PG (Collison? Mills?) and back up big man (bring McDyess
laugh.gif
).

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Nuggets can get a back-up in round 1 or 2 of this years draft....this draft is PG heavy....patty mills?
glasses.gif

also, do you think that Anderson will get the full MLE? He's gonna have a lot of suitors...and guaranteed, someone will overpay.

For all the BS that surrounded Dahntay Jones, I love what he brings to the table.

With Billups at the helm to START the season, this team could be sniffing 60 wins...
I'm not sure how much they're going to offer Andersen, and I'm not sure how much they'll need to. As you said, somebody will bewilling to overpay to get him, but he wants to stay in Denver. It's going to be interesting to see what happens.

I'm also a Dahntay Jones fans, he brought toughness and hard-nosed defense to the Nuggets, which is what they were lacking.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Been meaning to ask you, but weren't you a Raptors fan early in the season?
nerd.gif
I still am a Raptors fan (second), but I don't like discussing their poor play on this board due to the unrealistic opinions of some of theirfans.

Re-sign Kleiza. Let AC go, nobody wants his $%@ anyway. Bird will probably go to a team who overpays like DJ's said

Draft Toney Douglas
pimp.gif

Ever since I saw someone post that George Karl just lets the guys go out there and run around I've wondered how they practice
laugh.gif

Before I even chime in with personnel moves... Is everyone comfortable with bringing George Karl back as head coach?

Nice guy and all. But dude gets 1 more year TOPS imo.

How long is Billups signed for?

Melo needs to play all year like he did the second half........they could possibly win 60 games next year.

Originally Posted by gatorb807

How long is Billups signed for?

Melo needs to play all year like he did the second half........they could possibly win 60 games next year.
Billups makes 35 mil til 11/12 season.

Melo was riddled with injuries this year.

I see him having a big year next season and I'm pretty sure Bird will re-sign with Denver.

Main priorities - Re-sign Bird, acquire back up PG...badly.

They don't have a first round pick...just an early second round pick.

Maybe they get lucky and a prospect drops to them a la Mario Chalmers last year.

If not Collison then I think Patty Mills would work out real well in Denver.

Like some of you have said above...they have the pieces of a championship team, but they need to just put it all together next season.

Just wanted to come in here and say you guys had a good +** season.. Props to all the true fans out there, this team is definitely headed in the rightdirection.. If JR continues to learn how to play the game (thanks to Billups) this team will be even scarier next year..

same as what 2wenty thre3 said, despite all the going back and forth in the game threads and the j.r smith guarenteeing the nuggets will win thread, you nuggetfans are cool peoples, your team had a good season, especially when not much was expected of them going into the season things went from the nuggets being a8th or 9th seed in october to giving the best team in the west all they could handle throughout games 1-4 and the first 3 quarters of game 5.

having a good point guard did wonders for some of the guys on that team. with alot of the teams in the west getting old, its good to see a fresh face in thehigher ranks in the west, they should be right back in contention next season, i'm not really sure whos a free agent but if they can pick up another leadertype guy during the offseason, they might be able to finish what they started this season, the talent has always been there with the nuggets, its just gettingthose guys to play well as a unit and they did that well this past season.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by TheGGGame

Nuggets should try getting back Andre Miller
Why?
Andre Miller was amazing for the Nuggets when he was around the year he got traded. Very efficient.

Chauncey's obviously better, but I really liked Andre on the Nuggets.

As for George Karl, later gator, he sucks.

Andersen then Kleiza are your top priorities IMO.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Why?
Andre Miller was amazing for the Nuggets when he was around the year he got traded. Very efficient.

if andre miller would be willing to come off the bench that would be a great move for denver and it would give them the luxury to rest billups more at times aswell.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Why?

Yeah I remember...Miller was great with the Nuggets.

But they have Chauncey now...which is why I didn't understand the dude's comment. But if Andre was to come off the bench that'd be a good fit.

Back
Top Bottom