2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

Fabregas isn't going anywhere. Arsenal dont sell players who have yet to reach their prime. Lets end the discussion here.

i see what your saying as well. i personally rate cesc higher than iniesta though. imo hes a more versatile player in the midfield. can play as a playmaker.standard central midfielder and correct me if im wrong but even deep back as a holding midfielder. i wonder if anyone will pry mr kun aguero from athleticothis summer. he is imo the second most talented player for argentina behind messi.

Cesc wouldn't start at Bacelona. Its similiar to the National team situation. The only difference is Yaya Toure plays the role of Marcos Senna. Like Senna,Toure balances the midfield. Spain didn't dominate the midfield until they incorporated Senna as a starter. I doubt Guardiola would tinker with themidfield at this point. His massive fee even turned Real Madrid away. IIRC, AS reported Arsenal want 70m euro for him. In other words, hes simply notavailable. Its one of the reasons Xabi Alonso is high priority.When Cesc does become available, expect a bid from Real Madrid.

Personally, I rate Iniesta higher than Fabregas at this moment. In my opinion, Iniesta has been the best player in the world since Barcelona vs. Sevilla. Butdon't get me wrong, Messi deserves the Balon D'or because of his excellent consistent season.

As far as Sergio Aguero, bit of a down season for him. Certainly outshined by Diego Forlan who has been massive for Atletico. I think hes leading the Pichichistandings by 2 goals over Samuel Eto'o. Anyways, his release clause is 55m Euro. He seems content to stay and they're not shopping him around. Mypersonal guess if he were to move this year would be.. Inter Milan. I think Maradona was hired as consultant for them before the Argentina gig and hespublically recommended Inter to Aguero before. We'll see.

BERBA CONSIDERING FUTURE
Now this sounds a bit mental to us, but according to the Daily Mirror, 'Dejected Dimitar Berbatov is questioning his future Manchester United after being left on the bench for the Champions League final.'

It seems that the Bulgarian is not convinced he figures in Sir Alex Ferguson's long-term plans and his advisers are making discreet enquiries with other clubs to see what the £32m striker's options are if he is not going to be a first-team regular at Old Trafford.

OWEN TO EVERTON?
He was a boyhood Toffee and they need a striker, so this one makes sense - with the Daily Mail roughly the seventh paper to put two and two together and make a summer move to Everton for Michael Owen. The catch of course will be that he will be expected to accept roughly half his £110,000-a-week wages and adhere to a pay-as-you-play clause.

Wigan are also mentioned but the Gossip Column figures that it looks like a straight shoot-out between Everton and Aston Villa.

THE END OF EBOUE?
All change at Arsenal, according to the Daily Mirror, who claim that Emmanuel Eboue, Emmanuel Adebayor and William Gallas could be on their way out of the club this summer. Atletico Madrid are apparently interested in Eboue, while Adebayor has long been a target for AC Milan, who are also being linked with Gallas along with Juventus.

And on their way in? Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh is one target while Brede Hangeland, while Rennes midfielder Stephane Mbia and Wolfsburg defensive midfielder Christian Genter also get a mention.
Berba out (I have no objections) and Owen back to the Merseyside???

i thought berba may be a sulker/whiner but didn't think he would be this early. id like to see him stay one more season though and play to his potential.if not though good riddance i guess. hope we could ATLEAST recover half to 3/4 what we payed for him though.

Iniesta has come a long way.. Xavi and Iniesta hold that midield down no doubt. I remember in the 05-06 CL campaign and season, Iniesta was just coming of age,similar to Messi.. just look at him now, arguably the best midfielder in the world. Its like you have Xavi and a better Xavi smh.

Can't wait til tomorrow and see where Ancelotti is heading. Im on a 50/50 split that he'll stay or go to Chelsea.

laugh.gif
Berba

What a blunder in the red and white
smh.gif
smh.gif

Would we retain Tevez?

I doubt Berba is leaving after just 1 season. Man Utd. will have trouble getting half of what they paid for him. If he does leave though, it probably opens upthe door for Tevez to remain at Old Trafford permanently.

This is a bit off topic but I think I saw some people that post in here also have nice shirt collections. Ok, so I have bought one shirt from subsidesports andthat used lextra premier league numbers and I also know that onionbag sells shirts with those numbers. I was wondering what other sites also sell shirts withthe official lextra numbers? Would say the arsenal online store sell their jerseys with the lextra numbers and letters? Also, does the teams from othercountries even use lextra numbers and letters? Any help on that would be appreciated.

BTW I am loving all the transfer news but also the new kits are coming out which is great too.

I am an Arsenal fan but I love Iniesta's play.

I would rate him higher than Cesc.

Cesc did show his potential ceiling during that stretch of play two seasons ago.

I am an Arsenal fan as well and rate Cesc pretty highly but like already mentioned, I think he would come off the bench at Barca. Yaya is the same sort ofplayer that Senna was on the Spanish team and Xavi and Iniesta are great in the middle. Probably the two best in the world so I don't see them going afterCesc unless they want him for the future in which case they might as well let him stay at Arsenal for the time being.

As I stated I would love to see Barca acquire cesc but I thinks its better to let him "marinate" with arsenal for a while longer. Anybody know howmuch Eto'o is/ could get with the new deal?

According to AS, Kaka' will say farewell tonight as hes expected to play his last game for AC Milan against Fiorentina. The reported transfer that willsend the Brasilian to Real Madrid is approximately.. 60m Euro. Personal terms: 5 year deal, €9,120,000 a year. 50% of his image rights go to Real Madrid.

According to Saturday's AS, David Silva and Xabi Alonso headline the "Espanolization" plan of Florentino Perez. David Villa is a serious targetbut will only arrive if his fee is 35m Euro or lower. Ramon Calderon had his 40m Euro offer last summer turned down but now Valencia's financial misery hasworsen after missing out on Champions League qualification.

According to Marca, Manuel Pelligrini is the favorite to be the next Real Madrid coach. His release clause is 4m Euro. The Chilean denies any contact with RealMadrid representatives and has denied any planned announcement for Tuesday. In fact, he said he'll be on his way to Chile on Tuesday for vacation. The sameday, he could be announced as coach.

According to Sport, FC Barcelona will go after Atletico Madrid's Diego Forlan.

According to Sport, Olympique Lyonnais are interested in Alexandre Hleb.

According to Sport, Real Madrid President Elect Florentino Perez has reached an agreement with Liverpool for Xabi Alonso. The reported fee is 25m Euro. GabrielHeinze could head to Liverpool as part of the deal.

The 09/10 kits look good. Barcas is going back to the 05-06. Meanwhile Chelseas shirt leaves a lot to be desired.

Cesc is probably lamenting his decision to leave Barca? It was probably for the best, I doubt with Xavi and Iniesta he would have anytime on the pitch.Besides, the fact that he rather join Real than Barca would not have done him any favours either.

Real Madrid And Milan Reach Kaka Deal - Report

Kaka is all set to play his last match for AC Milan, with a move to the Bernabeu almost sealed...

Tonight's game against Fiorentina will be Kaka's last in a Milan shirt, as the club have reached an agreement with Real Madrid, according to reports.

According to AS, Real Madrid are poised to sign Kaka for €60 million.

The deal was agreed on May 16, but Milan's executive director Adriano Galliani requested that it not be made public until now, so that the Brazilian could concentrate on the end of the season for the Rossoneri, who are still not sure of an automatic Champions League spot.

It is believed that Kaka will sign a five year contract with wages of around €9,120,000 per year. In addition, 50% of his image rights will go to Real Madrid.

The transfer fee will go a long way towards helping Milan pay off their considerable debts.

Could be interesting.. after the Man City debacle earlier, im sure anything is possible.

I remember watching Skysports when that story reached its climax. Anyways, what I gathered from all sources was, the Manchester City-Kaka' negotiation fellapart because Kaka' and his camp felt that City were using the bid as a publicity stunt. AC Milan could not help but accept the massive bid. Kaka'sagents were ready to negotiate personal terms but City representatives kept stalling.

Like I've said before, this guy won't lift a finger to force a move and AC Milan have turned down Real Madrid bids 2 consecutive summers so I won'texpect anything till its official. The rumor is he'll be presented on Thursday or Friday so lets just wait and see. Florentino is a different animal whencompared to Calderon.

Speaking of City... According to News of the World, Manchester City are lining up the transfers of Carlos Tevez and Gareth Barry. £32m for Tevez, £10for Barry.
http://www.newsoftheworld...-have-clinched-deal.html

According to the Daily Mail... Chelsea are after Carlo Ancelotti and the £50m man, Sergio Aguero.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ncelotti-way-Stamford-Bridge--50m-Aguero.html

Manchester City believe they have won the race to sign Manchester United forward Carlos Tevez and Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry - for acombined fee of £42m.
(Full story: News of the World)

And City are also lining up a £30m bid for Barcelona's Champions League-winning striker Samuel Eto'o.
(Full story:The People)

Barcelona are poised to offer £40m for Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
(Full story: SundayMirror)

Manchester United could bid £15m for Real Madrid striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar as a replacement for Carlos Tevez.
(Full story: The People)

AC Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti will this week be confirmed as the new manager of FA Cup winners Chelsea, with the club preparing to step up theirchase of £50m Atletico Madrid forward Sergio Aguero.
(Full story: Mail onSunday)

Newcastle defender Steven Taylor is wanted by both Tottenham and West Ham.

Athletic Bilbao midfielder Javi Martinez says he would like to join Liverpool.
(Full story: Sunday Mirror)

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp wants to lure Chelsea winger Joe Cole, who played under him at West Ham, to White Hart Lane.
(Full story:The People)

Chelsea and Liverpool are battling it out for Paris St Germain midfielder Stephane Sessegnon - who is rated at about £12m.

Steve Bruce wants Portsmouth striker Peter Crouch when he takes the manager's job at Sunderland.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is willing to pay £8m for Sunderland midfielder Kieran Richardson.

Fulham are set to make a £5m bid for Standard Liege striker Dieumerci Mbokani.
(Full story: News of theWorld)

And Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is also interested in £6m-rated winger Momo, who plays for Spanish side Xerez CD. (The People)

Beaten FA Cup finalists Everton have been tracking Borussia Dortmund defender Neven Subotic.

Liverpool's players have told manager Rafael Benitez that he should bring Newcastle striker Michael Owen back to Anfield.
(Fullstory: The People)

Newcastle defender Jose Enrique says he wants to stay at the relegated club.

Stoke sent scouts to the Republic of Ireland match this week, in order to watch Nigeria full-back Chibuzor Okonkwo.
(Full story: News ofthe World)

And Stoke boss Tony Pulis is closing in on the signing of Real Mallorca striker Juan Arango.

Everton are leading the race for Leeds United's £7m-rated midfielder Fabian Delph.

Manchester United will not let midfielder Paul Scholes leave Old Trafford, despite reported interest from Stoke and Bolton.

Bolton manager Gary Megson has made a £6m offer for Spurs midfielder Tom Huddlestone.

Huddlestone will be part of a mass exodus from Tottenham this summer. The other players up for sale are Didier Zokora, Gareth Bale, David Bentley, HeurelhoGomes, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Darren Bent.

Sunderland's new manager will be encouraged to make a bid for Bent in the summer. (Sunday Express)

Manchester United goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak is unhappy he has not had more first-team opportunities at Old Trafford and wants to go out on loan.

Blackburn are facing up to the prospect of losing Benni McCarthy, Stephen Warnock and Chris Samba over the summer.
(Fullstory: News of the World)

However, Manchester City defender Tal Ben-Haim is likely to join up with his old boss Sam Allardyce at Blackburn.

Portsmouth duo Peter Crouch and Glen Johnson are not yet willing to commit their futures to the club until they receive assurances from theclub's prospective new owner Sulaiman Al Fahim.

Blackburn are tracking Egyptian midfielder Mahmoud Abdel Razek Fadlallah, who is valued at £3.6m by his club Zamalek.

Liverpool are chasing Middlesbrough winger Adam Johnson. (Sunday Express)

West Ham midfielder Lee Bowyer is closing in on a free transfer to Birmingham. (News of the World)

Birmingham want Cardiff striker Ross McCormack and Manchester United defender Danny Simpson as they prepare for life in the Premier League.

Gordon Strachan's departure from Celtic has ended the chances of Barcelona left-back Sylvinho joining the Glasgow club. (News of the World)

Swansea have withdrawn their interest in James McCarthy saying they cannot afford the Hamilton midfielder. (News of the World)

OTHER GOSSIP

Portsmouth's prospective new owner Sulaiman Al Fahim wants to bring Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp back to Fratton Park.
(Full story: SundayMirror)

Manager Alan Shearer's future at Newcastle has been thrown into doubt after owner Mike Ashley put the club up for sale.

England manager Fabio Capello says it was Theo Walcott's decision to play in this summer's European Under-21 Championship - a move which hasangered his Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger. (Sunday Express)

Former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson, who is a candidate for the Portsmouth job, is wanted by Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon.
(Full story:News of the World)

Croatia manager Slaven Bilic has joined Eriksson in the race to become Portsmouth manager.

Paul Jewell is being lined up for a return to Wigan, should manager Steve Bruce move to Sunderland.
(Full story: News of theWorld)

Bruce became interested in the Sunderland job when Wigan chairman Dave Whelan told him to cut the club's wage bill by £4m. (ThePeople)

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce is prepared to sign a new contract with the club and will hope that by saving Rovers from relegation, he can negotiate animproved transfer kitty.

Former Celtic manager Wim Jansen wants to return as director of football, with Tony Adams in charge of the first-team and Henrik Larsson as coach.(Sunday Times)

But Wim Jansen and fellow Dutchman Co Adriaanse have ruled themselves out of the Celtic manager's job. (Sunday Herald)

West Brom's Tony Mowbray and Dundee United's Craig Levein top Celtic's wanted list, with Roy Keane and Alan Curbishley not ruledout.

But Slaven Bilic, Steve Clarke, Frank Rijkaard and Roberto Martinez will not feature on Celtic's shortlist. (Sunday Mail)

Burnley director Brendan Flood says Owen Coyle told him a month ago he would reject an approach from Celtic should their manager's post becomevacant. (News of the World)

Rangers manager Walter Smith will have showdown talks with owner David Murray this week about his future and next season's transfer budget. (SundayMail)

Former Leyton Orient boss Martin Ling will have talks with Hibernian next week about succeeding Mixu Paatelainen as manager at Easter Road. (SundayExpress)

Departing Newcastle coach Colin Calderwood is wanted by managerless Hibernian. (The People)

Former Aalborg manager Bruce Rioch says he is not interested in the Hibernian job this time round. (Sunday Times)

Motherwell's Mark McGhee and Falkirk's John Hughes are both on the shortlists for the vacancies at Hibernian and Aberdeen. (Sunday Herald)

SPL new boys St Johnstone have received an extra compensation payment after former manager Owen Coyle led Burnley to England's Premier League.(Sunday Express)

*!%@ Advocaat will leave Zenit St Petersburg to become Belgium coach in January. (Sunday Express)

QPR have set their sights on Brazilian legend Zico as they look for a new manager, although former Ipswich boss Jim Magilton is favourite to landthe job.

Canadian multi-millionaire Jeff Mallett is looking to launching a takeover for Sheffield Wednesday.

Livingston have moved closer to administration after the Scottish Football League withheld end-of-season cash because of the late payment of wagesto players. (Various)

Originally Posted by xblaze23

According to Marca, Manuel Pelligrini is the favorite to be the next Real Madrid coach. His release clause is 4m Euro. The Chilean denies any contact with Real Madrid representatives and has denied any planned announcement for Tuesday. In fact, he said he'll be on his way to Chile on Tuesday for vacation. The same day, he could be announced as coach.
how long wil he be there before he leaves and real get a new manager. a fortnight?
tongue.gif

I dont believe that Barcelona are after Forlan. Anyways, I dont care how many goals Forlan has scored...this guy is over-rated. They'd be better offspending the money on David Villa.

As I said earlier, I dont see Arsenal selling Fabregas this summer.

I'll believe Kaka to Real Madrid when he actually puts on the jersey...that rumors been going around for years now. If it is true, thats great news for ManUtd. fans as it means that C. Ronaldo will be staying at Old Trafford.

Tevez to Man City seems unlikely IMO. I dont think that Tevez would want to pi.ss off the Man Utd. fans.

It'll be interesting to see if Chelsea are able to get Aguero. 50 million pounds will definetely get the job done.

I dont follow the EPL much, but is Man City the equivalent of the Washington ******** and snyder?

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

I dont follow the EPL much, but is Man City the equivalent of the Washington ******** and snyder?

pretty much but they have not bought that many players yet. they will be good if they get 2 more superstars.

man city need to realize that even with all their money they still are...man city. haven't won a major trophy in 30+ years. no matter how big the transferfee and no matter how big the salary the big name players will be hesitant to sign for them.

Back
Top Bottom