2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

also for those that don't know today was both maldini's and figo's last matches today. lippi gave maldini the chance to be called up one more timeto the national team but he declined. he wanted his last match to be a competetive one.maldini was pure class imo. you dont see a ton of one club players insport anymore. figo was great too. just never been a huge fan. cant deny the talent though.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I've been saying Rooney is over-rated for years now. He doesn't score all that much for someone who is considered to be "one of the best strikers in the world). Yeah he's a hard worker and versatile but at the end of the day, he doesnt score that many goals for a fulltime striker. He's scored over 15 goals (16 goals in 05/06) just once in his career. I think that he is a good player but he does not warrant the hype that he gets. Being an English player + playing for Man Utd. = hype

his team comes first before he does...every club needs a selfless team player,and Rooney happens to fall into that category...
i agree though,he's not that same fearless kid who scored a hattrick on his debut or the scorer from that wonderful volley against Newcastle a few seasonago...
but when you are required to defend as much and be played out-of-position for quite a number of games,then you'd probably wouldn't expect him to scorethat much either...

one thing's for sure though,the Man U fans admire him for his workrate,overall contribution...and "heart"...

This just doesn't go for Rooney...other English players are greatly over-rated...Lampard stands out the most to me, he isnt particularly strong in any facet of the game yet he's routinely labelled as one of the Premiership's best.

firstly,i think Lampard has improved tremendously under the guidance of Mourinho...
a box-to-box midfielder with reliable vision and passing range and packs a mean shot from outside the 18-yard...
plus he's a free-scoring midfielder,and has bagged no less than 20 goals since the 05-06 season...

and Chelsea fans always count on him when it comes to the "clutch"...most evident in yesterday's FA Cup final when scored the matchwinner...

I dont believe that Barcelona are after Forlan. Anyways, I dont care how many goals Forlan has scored...this guy is over-rated.

how many players do you actually have on your "over-rated" list?
laugh.gif

anyway,staying on the topic...
Carlo Ancelotti has announced that his contract at AC Milan has been terminated by mutual consent - could Chelsea be his next destination?

i would't say forlan is overated. hes just one of those south american players who couldn't cut it in the epl. similiar to crespo(somewhat) and veron.

The Crespo situation at Chelsea was confusing to me. How long did he actually play at Chelsea. I know he was loaned from Chelsea a few times but it seemslike they had him a while but he hardly ever actually played there.

If Chelsea pays 50 mill for Aguero then who are they going to get rid of. What is the status on Drogba as well since it seems like the last 3 summers peoplesaid he was leaving Stamford Bridge.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

The Crespo situation at Chelsea was confusing to me. How long did he actually play at Chelsea. I know he was loaned from Chelsea a few times but it seems like they had him a while but he hardly ever actually played there.

If Chelsea pays 50 mill for Aguero then who are they going to get rid of. What is the status on Drogba as well since it seems like the last 3 summers people said he was leaving Stamford Bridge.

Crespo didnt want to stay in London bc he didnt like the culture or something...he played a season their i think.

I swear all these rumors are so outlandish and stupid, there's no point even paying attention until something absolutely goes down...

how long wil he be there before he leaves and real get a new manager. a fortnight?
tongue.gif

Not sure. If you want to help him out, sell us Cristiano.
pimp.gif

also for those that don't know today was both maldini's and figo's last matches today. lippi gave maldini the chance to be called up one more time to the national team but he declined. he wanted his last match to be a competetive one.maldini was pure class imo. you dont see a ton of one club players in sport anymore. figo was great too. just never been a huge fan. cant deny the talent though.
I heart Figo.

Leonardo is the new AC Milan coach.. lol I hope that he's worthy and their not simply hoping for a Guardiola replica.

I hope CR7 moves to Madrid, I don't like the guy, but I want to see him play in a different environment.

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

anyone know what if any channel the confederatios cup will be on this summer. i guess espn has the rights for fifa competitions until like 2010.

also anyone play football manager? trying to get a few online matches together. for those that dont know its like the most addicting pc game for football.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Manager_2009
Pretty sure the matches are on ESPN. I am definitely looking forward to it. Should be a nice little tournament with some heavy hitters and theUS mixed in. Should be fun.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^ IF everyone brings their A squad.
Italy, Brazil, and the US have announced their squads. For the most part, the "A squads" are coming. Egypt is also sending their "Aside". Spain have yet to announce their team but its expected most of their Euro 08 players will be back.

---------------
U.S.:
Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton)

Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Danny Califf (Midtjylland), Jay DeMerit (Watford), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew),Oguchi Onyewu (Standard de Liege), Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock), Jonathan Spector (West Ham United), Marvell Wynne (Toronto FC)

Midfielders: Freddy Adu (Monaco), DaMarcus Beasley (Rangers), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Benny Feilhaber (Aarhus),Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), José Francisco Torres (Pachuca)

Strikers: Jozy Altidore (Xerez), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo), Charlie Davies (Hammarby), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy)
---------------

Brazil

Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Gomes (Tottenham Hotspur), Victor (Gremio)

Defenders: Maicon (Inter Milan), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Kleber (Internacional), Andre Santos (Corinthians), Alex (Chelsea), Juan (Roma), Lucio (BayernMunich), Luisao (Benfica)

Midfielders: Anderson (Manchester United), Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos), Josue (Wolfsburg), Ramires (Cruzeiro), Elano (Manchester City), Felipe Melo(Fiorentina), Julio Baptista (Roma), Kaka (AC Milan)

Forwards: Alexandre Pato (AC Milan), Luis Fabiano (Sevilla), Nilmar (Internacional), Robinho (Manchester City)

---------------

Italy (10 more players to be announced this week)

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Marco Amelia (Palermo).

Defenders: Fabio Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Gianluca Zambrotta (AC Milan).

Midfielders: Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus), Daniele De Rossi (AS Roma), Simone Pepe (Udinese), Andrea Pirlo (AC Milan).

Forwards: Alberto Gilardino (Fiorentina), Vincenzo Iaquinta (Juventus), Fabio Quagliarella (Udinese), Luca Toni (Bayern Monaco).

--------------------

Carlo Ancelotti has been confirmed as the new Chelsea coach, a day after leaving AC Milan.
The club have confirmed that the Italian will sign a three-year deal at Stamford Bridge.

BREAKING GOSSIP

1408 BST: Portsmouth midfielder Niko Kranjcar has rejected claims he could leave Pompey in the summer. (Setanta Sports)

1343 BST: Villarreal coach Manuel Pellegrini looks set to take over at Real Madrid replacing former Tottenham manager Juande Ramos. Arsenal manager ArseneWenger had also been linked to the post. (Associated Press)

1335 BST: AC Milan general manager Adriano Galliani has admitted it would be hard to turn down a substantial offer for star midfielder Kaka thissummer, with Chelsea and Real Madrid both interested. (Press Association)

1201 BST: Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce is hoping to tie up a permanent deal for full-back Gael Givet after his loan spell from Marseille. (PressAssociation)

1134 BST: Manchester City forward Robinho has dismissed speculation linking him with a return to Brazil with Santos. (PressAssociation)

1128 BST: Former Inter Milan boss Roberto Mancini is the new front-runner for the Portsmouth managerial job. (The Portsmouth News)

1112 BST: Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner looks set to commit himself to a new contract at the club.
(Full story: Telegraph.co.uk)

1105 BST: Middlesbrough manager Gareth Southgate is to launch an audacious bid to bring Manchester United defender Gary Neville to the Riverside.(gazettelive.co.uk)

1055 BST: Argentine striker Ezequiel Lavezzi wants to remain at Napoli despite reported interest from Liverpool. (Press Association)

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester United will make a last-ditch attempt to keep striker Carlos Tevez at the club and are willing to pay £25m for the Argentine.
(Full story: Daily Telegraph)

However, Manchester City are leading the race for Tevez and are prepared to pay £30m to land the 25-year-old.
(Full story: Daily Mirror)

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has insisted that Xabi Alonso is a key part of his plans and does not want to sell him. Real Madrid are reportedlyinterested in the midfielder. (Daily Telegraph)

Birmingham are set to land Ecuador striker Christian Benitez for £6.25m from Mexican club Santos Leguna. (Daily Mirror)

Alex McLeish's Premier League new boys also look set to sign Manchester City keeper Joe Hart on loan. (Daily Mirror)

West Brom are keen on Rangers midfielder Barry Ferguson and will bid £1m for the Scotsman. (Daily Mirror)

Winger Glen Little looks set to leave Portsmouth and join Championship side Coventry. (Daily Mirror)

Sheffield United are poised to sell young defender Kyle Naughton and have slapped a £5m price tag on his head. (Daily Mirror)

West Ham captain Lucas Neill looks set to leave the club after turning down a new one-year deal.
(Full story: DailyMail)

And Manchester City now appear favourites to sign Australian defender Neill from the Hammers.
(Full story: The Sun)

CHELSEA GOSSIP

Former AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti will be given £50m to spend on new players if he takes over at Chelsea.

Chelsea captain John Terry has urged Blues owner Roman Abramovich to bankroll Ancelotti, if the Italian arrives at Stamford Bridge.
(Full story: Daily Mirror)

Ancelotti could be given up to £100m by Abramovich to spend on new players. (Daily Star)
(Full story: Daily Star)

And captain Terry has urged the Italian to make Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery and Valencia forward David Villa his first signings as Chelsea manager.
(Full story: The Guardian)

Ancelotti's arrival may mean the Chelsea careers of Florent Malouda, Salomon Kalou and Deco will come to an end.

The 49-year-old coach is also lining up Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor and will pay £23m for the front-man.
(Full story: Daily Express)

Ancelotti will hope to bring AC Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo with him to Stamford Bridge.
(Full story: Daily Star)

The former Italian midfielder is also targeting Atletico Madrid's £50m-rated striker Sergio Aguero.
(Full story: Daily Express)

Ancelotti is keen to appoint Filippo Galli, who was his assistant at AC Milan, as his number two at Stamford Bridge.
(Full story: The Times)

However, Ancelotti's Chelsea move could be in doubt after Real Madrid declared their interest in the Italian.
(Full story:Independent)

OTHER GOSSIP

Alan Shearer looks set to turn down the chance to become the permanent manager of Newcastle unless owner Mike Ashley can quickly offload the club ata knockdown price. (Daily Express)

Shearer will also have to reduce his financial demands if he is to be installed as Magpies boss.

Sunderland are set to unveil current Wigan manager Steve Bruce as their new boss. (Daily Mirror)

However, Wigan are still holding out on the £3m in compensation they want for Bruce's departure. (Daily Express)

Meanwhile, Sunderland officials have spoken of their puzzlement at claims from former Inter Milan manager Roberto Mancini that he has been offeredthe manager's job at the Stadium of Light.

Wigan owner Dave Whelan wants to replace Bruce with Swansea manager Roberto Martinez. (Daily Mirror)

Former England and Chelsea boss Glenn Hoddle has launched a bid to become the new Celtic manager. (Scottish Sun)

Everton manager David Moyes has denied any interest in joining Celtic but indicated that he was sounded out by his former club. (the Herald)

Former Leyton Orient boss Martin Ling is set for talks this week to become the shock new manager of Hibs. (Daily Express)

Falkirk manager John Hughes is among the front runners for the Hibs job, along with Mark McGhee, Bruce Rioch and Colin Calderwood. (Various)

Hughes will hold talks with Falkirk today, with a view to deciding his future with the Scottish Cup runners-up. (Various)

Falkirk chief George Craig admits it will be hard to deny Hughes the chance to move on to a bigger club but is desperate to keep this manager for one moreseason. (Daily Record)

AND FINALLY

Chelsea winger Florent Malouda has revealed the secret behind his recent fine form - the removal of his wisdom teeth. (The Independent)

Chelsea players celebrated their Wembley triumph on Saturday with a night out and left the FA Cup in a bin liner. (Daily Star)

Departing Blues manager Guus Hiddink and his partner Liza were each given a £50,000 Rolex Daytona watch by Chelsea players as a thank you. (TheSun)

But Hiddink could be fined £50 after being caught on camera smoking a cigar in Chelsea's Wembley dressing room on Saturday. (Daily Mirror)

Wow, if Chelski bring in Ribery and Villa, then all bets are off... they'll be a scary team... if they're able to gel...

BTW, with Carlo out of Milan, will we see some players leaving too? Who's gonna win the Kaka Sweepstakes? And lets not forget Pato... the kid has beenvery impressive.

Spain just announced their Confederations Cup squad.

Spain squad:

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Jose Reina (Liverpool), Diego Lopez (Villarreal);

Raul Albiol (Valencia), Alvaro Arbeloa (Liverpool ), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Carles Puyol(Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid),

Xabi Alonso, (Liverpool), Sergi Busquets (Barcelona), Santi Cazorla (Villarreal), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Xavi (Barcelona), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), DavidSilva (Valencia), Juan Manuel Mata (Valencia), Albert Riera (Liverpool);

Daniel Guiza (Fenerbache), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao), Fernando Torres (Liverpool), David Villa (Valencia).

Marcos Senna was excluded due to injury. Iniesta and Pique are injured but should be fit within the next 2 weeks.

So basically all of the full squads will be available for the Confederations Cup. I cannot wait for that.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Wow, if Chelski bring in Ribery and Villa, then all bets are off... they'll be a scary team... if they're able to gel...

BTW, with Carlo out of Milan, will we see some players leaving too? Who's gonna win the Kaka Sweepstakes? And lets not forget Pato... the kid has been very impressive.
if chelsea win the eufa cl next season after buying ribery, villa/aguero their title should come with a receipt.

wow as sumone else said transfers are near impossible to follow until they actually happen...

nerd.gif
gomez plays for Bayern Munchen now? wow if theyre able to hold onto Ribery theyll be tough next year in the CL

the Chelsea rumors make my head wanna explode... as long as drogbas there...
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom