2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

yes now that the cl final is over its that time of year again. thought id start this thread.

Cristiano Ronaldo is set to throw Manchester United into turmoil and demand a move out of Old Trafford. The 24-year-old forward is a £50m target forReal Madrid.
(Full story: The Sun)

Although Ronaldo will go on holiday before making a decision on his United future.
(Full story:Daily Telegraph)

However, the prospect of Ronaldo joining Real Madrid may have receded with the Spanish side opting for the £40m signature of Bayern Munich wingerFranck Ribery.
(Full story:Independent)

In fact, Real Madrid will reject Ronaldo this summer as club president elect Florentino Perez has targeted Milan forward Kaka and Ribery instead.
(Full story: Daily Express)

Ribery was Chelsea boss-in-waiting Carlo Ancelotti's first-choice summer signing, but the Blues have lost out to Real Madrid. Ancelotti may lookto CSKA Moscow's Russian left-back Yuri Zhirkov.
(Full story: The Times)

Chelsea have been told they will need to put up £20m for AC Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo. Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti is keen to take the 30-year-old toStamford Bridge when he is named Chelsea boss next week.
(Full story: DailyTelegraph)

If Manchester United do not complete the permanent signing of Argentine striker Carlos Tevez this summer they will turn their attentions to Lyonstriker Karim Benzema and Wigan's Antonio Valencia.

Manchester City and Liverpool are among five clubs who are willing to meet the £25m price tag for Tevez.

Tevez said a tearful goodbye to his Manchester United team-mates before leaving Rome alone after the Champions League final.

Paul Scholes must decide if the Champions League final is to be his final game for Manchester United. Stoke want the 34-year-old midfielder as aplayer-coach.
(Full story: DailyMail)

Sir Alex Ferguson may ditch Nani and Ji-Sung Park as the Manchester United boss reshapes his squad while Polish goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak will alsoleave this summer. (Daily Mirror)

Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry is holding out for a summer move to Arsenal. Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is considering a £12m bid for the 28-year-old.
(Full story: Daily Star)

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson will try to bolster his defence by moving for AC Milan defender Digao, the younger brother of Brazilian forward Kaka. The23-year-old has been on loan at Standard Liege. (Daily Mirror)

Bolton are lining up a £6m bid for Sporting Lisbon midfielder Miguel Veloso.

Portsmouth defender Djimi Traore hopes to make his loan move to Birmingham permanent. (Daily Star)

Stoke boss Tony Pulis has lined up a £2m bid for 20-year-old Manchester City striker Ched Evans. (Daily Express)

Portuguese defender Nuno Valente will leave Everton this summer but the 34-year-old will play on for another year elsewhere.

Greek side Panathinaikos have bid £1.5m for Sunderland keeper Marton Fulop. (Daily Star)

Birmingham will step up their pursuit of Middelsbrough's David Wheater, 22, after the £6m-rated defender successfully came through a kneeoperation. (Daily Star)

Burnley boss Owen Coyle wants to sign Middlesbrough right-back Rhys Williams, who was a big hit during a loan spell with the Clarets. (Daily Mirror)

Middlesbrough utility man Matthew Bates will quit the club as the 22-year-old does not want to play in the Championship. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins is being linked with an £8m move to Italian side Fiorentina.
(Full story:Independent)

The Magpies have warned the clubs chasing defender Sebastien Bassong that they will not take anything less than £15m for him.

Sheffield United have rejected a £2m bid from Aston Villa for defender Kyle Naughton. The Blades have put a £6m price tag on the full-back. (DailyExpress)

West Bromwich Albion winger Chris Brunt is wanted by Rangers in a player-plus-cash deal that could see Barry Ferguson move to the Hawthorns. Brunt,24, is also being tracked by Fulham.

Huddersfield want to nab Stockport striker Oli Johnson from under the noses of West Brom and Fulham. (Daily Star)

Leeds have joined West Brom, Celtic and Leicester in the battle for Swindon striker Simon Cox. (Daily Star)

Celtic striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink has told PSV Eindhoven and Twente Enschede he is not ready for a return to the Netherlands. (Daily Mail)

Dundee have made a £100,000 take-it-or-leave-it offer for Partick Thistle midfielder Gary Harkins. (Daily Record)

OTHER GOSSIP

Former England and Mexico boss Sven-Goran Eriksson is favourite to become the new Portsmouth manager.

Alan Shearer is expected to discover today if he will become the permanent manager of Newcastle United.

Wigan manager Steve Bruce will be named Sunderland boss in the next 48 hours.
(Full story: Guardian)

The Premier League will test out its strengthened fit-and-proper-persons rules on Portsmouth's new owner Sulaiman Al Fahim.
(Full story: Guardian)

Croatia coach Slaven Bilic wants to be considered for the vacant managerial post at Sunderland. (Daily Star)

Former Celtic forward Paolo Di Canio wants to become the club's new manager. (The Sun)

Celtic target Tony Mowbray has reservations about the quality of the SPL and about the pressure of being an Old Firm manager. (DailyMail)

Motherwell's Mark McGhee is now the favourite to be named manager of Celtic. (Daily Express)

Swansea have told Celtic and Wigan they would not welcome an approach for manager Roberto Martinez. (Daily Record)

Csaba Laszlo will not be quitting Hearts after the manager won his battle to persuade owner Vladimir Romanov to increase his summer transfer budget. (TheSun)

Former Aberdeen midfielder Lee Richardson wants to be the club's new manager after quitting Chesterfield. (Daily Express)

Jim Magilton, recently replaced by Roy Keane at Ipswich, is in the frame to become Aberdeen manager. (The Herald)

is Rafa buying Tevez just to piss Sir Alex off?
laugh.gif

anyway,i feel Park deserves to stay...sure,he played a really bad CL Final but his workrate is second to none...
pimp.gif

as for Nani,i think Sir Alex will give him another chance by sending him off on loan...

with Real lining up a swoop on either Ribery or Kaka,Ronaldo might just stay at Old Trafford after all...
pimp.gif

Let's hope ronaldo stays. Tbh though I wouldn't mind Robert either. He's great and very unselfish. Benzena would be a sick pickup too.

We can post here. I actually prefer not having the responsibility and I'll continue contributing Liga (and Serie A) rumors.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Can someone elaborate why Ronaldo wants out of Man U?

New challenges elsewhere. What more can he accomplish at Man Utd? He's won Footballer of the Year, UCL, Premiership, World Club Championship, Carling Cupetc. with that team. Plus, he's bean a Real Madrid fan his entire life. It'd be good for everyone if he left. Man Utd gets a boatload of cash, RealMadrid get one of the best players in the world which will make them contenders in Europe and make La Liga way more interesting. Also if Man Utd sell Ronaldo,the Premiership title race will be way more exciting.

Tevez to Liverpool would be amazing...Torres' finesse + Tevez's aggression would be fun to watch. If not Liverpool, I see Tevez going to Real Madrid orone of Italy's top teams.

I also wonder if David Villa or David Silva will finally leave Valencia.

Benzema is another big name striker who is likely to leave.

Now I REALLY want Real Madrid to get Ronaldo...I just found out that they are coming to Toronto in August. Hopefully their starters will play at least the 1sthalf.

Real Madrid don't want Tevez. Mijatovic admitted he had interest in him months ago but hes not here any more. If we go for a striker, It'd be Villa.The reasons are: There is an ojbective to add more Spanish players to the squad. Villa is proven in La Liga. Valencia's financial situation wouldfacillitate a deal. Villa wants to stay in Spain. Tevez himself has a preference to stay in England. Don't get me wrong. I rate Tevez and I love hisenergy. I just don't think hes a priority for us.

There are many needs. Striker isn't necessarily a priority but I'm sure there will be contacts with David Villa's agent. The same for Silva. I canalmost guarantee that at least one of them will leave Valencia this summer. Their tender financial situation demands it.

Karim Benzema is a curious case. He seems content to stay one more year. Aulas is a dangerous negotiator (See Essien and M.Diarra sales) and he knows what hehas. I wonder how much it'll take to pry him away.

Regarding Real Madrid.. They're playing DC United at Fed Ex Field on August 9th. http://www.dcunited.com/tickets-schedule/dc-united-vs-real-madrid-cf
I'll be there despite the fact I live in NYC. Lets hope Kaka' is signed
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Real Madrid don't want Tevez. Mijatovic admitted he had interest in him months ago but hes not here any more. If we go for a striker, It'd be Villa. The reasons are: There is an ojbective to add more Spanish players to the squad. Villa is proven in La Liga. Valencia's financial situation would facillitate a deal. Villa wants to stay in Spain. Tevez himself has a preference to stay in England. Don't get me wrong. I rate Tevez and I love his energy. I just don't think hes a priority for us.

There are many needs. Striker isn't necessarily a priority but I'm sure there will be contacts with David Villa's agent. The same for Silva. I can almost guarantee that at least one of them will leave Valencia this summer. Their tender financial situation demands it.

Karim Benzema is a curious case. He seems content to stay one more year. Aulas is a dangerous negotiator (See Essien and M.Diarra sales) and he knows what he has. I wonder how much it'll take to pry him away.

Regarding Real Madrid.. They're playing DC United at Fed Ex Field on August 9th. http://www.dcunited.com/tickets-schedule/dc-united-vs-real-madrid-cf
I'll be there despite the fact I live in NYC. Lets hope Kaka' is signed
pimp.gif
Always coming through with the inside information
pimp.gif
Villa to Real would beinsane.

Hopefully I get my hands on tickets...despite being complete garbage, Toronto FC have completely sold out 3 years running.

I really hope Ronny stays, and maybe an addition of Kaka would be amazing. But I wouldnt mind them selling Tevez and going after a big name striker likeBenzema!

I have wanted to ask this for a while. I guess I kind of get the popularity of Wayne Rooney but this dude seems really overrated to me. My roommate loves ManUtd and Rooney and he got mad at me for saying he was overrated and said he was one of the best strikers in the world and when I hear that it makes me think heis one of 4 or 5 best and I know that is not true so where do you man utd fans and outsider fans really rate him. I mean I know he hustles and is actually veryversatile for a striker but I still don't get all the love he gets. Is he really popular because it looks like he will be one of those old time type manutd players in the future(Giggs, Scholes, Neville) or do people really rate him as one of the best strikers in the world.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

I have wanted to ask this for a while. I guess I kind of get the popularity of Wayne Rooney but this dude seems really overrated to me. My roommate loves Man Utd and Rooney and he got mad at me for saying he was overrated and said he was one of the best strikers in the world and when I hear that it makes me think he is one of 4 or 5 best and I know that is not true so where do you man utd fans and outsider fans really rate him. I mean I know he hustles and is actually very versatile for a striker but I still don't get all the love he gets. Is he really popular because it looks like he will be one of those old time type man utd players in the future(Giggs, Scholes, Neville) or do people really rate him as one of the best strikers in the world.
I've been saying Rooney is over-rated for years now. He doesn't score all that much for someone who is considered to be "one of thebest strikers in the world). Yeah he's a hard worker and versatile but at the end of the day, he doesnt score that many goals for a fulltime striker.He's scored over 15 goals (16 goals in 05/06) just once in his career. I think that he is a good player but he does not warrant the hype that he gets.Being an English player + playing for Man Utd. = hype

This just doesn't go for Rooney...other English players are greatly over-rated...Lampard stands out the most to me, he isnt particularly strong in anyfacet of the game yet he's routinely labelled as one of the Premiership's best.

Another guy is Walcott...I know he's very young but he was hyped up tremendously when he burst onto the scene. He hasnt lived up to the hype yet.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Now I REALLY want Real Madrid to get Ronaldo...I just found out that they are coming to Toronto in August. Hopefully their starters will play at least the 1st half.
the starters will hardly play i saw them here in 2006 and he only scorer was cassano lol. also looks like rumors of ronaldo moving to madrid havecooled as they want ribs and kaka' now.

also cesc has again said he would like to move to barca. hope this goes down.

Everton manager David Moyes wants to offer Newcastle striker Michael Owen a chance to extend his Premier League career.

Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins is set to undergo groin surgery, putting on hold his proposed £7.5m move to Italian side Fiorentina.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is ready to overhaul his squad over the summer with utility player Emmanuel Eboue, striker Emmanuel Adebayor anddefender William Gallas the likely departures. (Daily Mirror)

Russia and CSKA Moscow left-back Yuri Zhirkov will join Chelsea this summer for a fee of £18.6m.

West Ham goalkeeper Rob Green has turned down the offer of a new contract, which will alert London rivals Tottenham and Arsenal.

Bolton want to give Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes one final season of first-team football.

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov is questioning his Old Trafford future after being left on the bench for Wednesday's Champions Leaguefinal. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas will have worried his bosses in London with comments that it would be a dream to play for Champions League winnersBarcelona.

Real Madrid presidential hopeful Florentino Perez has claimed "an agreement" is in place for Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo tojoin the club. (Various)
(Full story: The Guardian)

Winger Stewart Downing has been told he can leave relegated Middlesbrough, as long as it is not for Tottenham.

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton has no intention of leaving the club over the summer, and according to his agent, he wants to honour the threeyears left on his contract.
(Full story: The Guardian)

New Ipswich boss Roy Keane could make a £500,000 bid for QPR defender Damien Delaney. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP

Peterborough manager Darren Ferguson, son of Manchester United boss Sir Alex, is wanted by Wigan to replace the Sunderland-bound SteveBruce.
(Full story: DailyMirror)

Darren Ferguson is also wanted by Reading but a row over his compensation fee could scupper a move to the Madejski Stadium.

Celtic could make a surprise move for West Ham number two Steve Clarke as they look to fill the managerial vacancy left by Gordon Strachan'sdeparture. (The Sun)

Portsmouth could have problems if prospective new owner Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim wants to appoint a new manager, as Pompey have already agreed terms withcaretaker boss Paul Hart.
(Fullstory: Daily Mail)

The consequences of Newcastle's relegation from the Premier League has been brought into stark reality with the news that 120 administrative andcommercial staff are set to lose their jobs.

Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner wants to sign a new contract with the club, even though his current deal does not expire until 2012.

The Scottish Football Association has been lambasted over their decision to agree to allow England to field a British team at the London 2012Olympics.
(Full story:Daily Record)

Former Hearts captain Steven Pressley will hang up his boots after playing Saturday's Scottish Cup Final for Falkirk. (Daily Record)
(Full story: Daily Record)

http://

AND FINALLY

Coverage of the FA Cup final always sees a hefty chunk of nostalgia and this year is no exception. It is 17 years since their popular ITV show cameoff our screens but 'Saint & Greavsie', former Liverpool forward Ian St John and ex-Tottenham striker Jimmy Greaves, are back on Setanta for aone-off show as part of the build up to the clash between Chelsea and Everton.
The pair are as outspoken as ever and are not too impressedwith the football programmes on offer today. "No way as good as ours," says Greaves.

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas will have worried his bosses in London with comments that it would be a dream to play for Champions League winners Barcelona.

If it goes down............
ff4a3c.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif
@ the though CRonaldo would go the Real. My o my.

Fergie would be suicidal...while Rooney would be
happy.gif

[h1]Bolton Wanderers To Battle Stoke City For Manchester United's Paul Scholes - Report[/h1] [h2]The Trotters are willing to offer the 34-year-old midfielder a regular starting berth, and match his £70,000-a-week wage packet...[/h2] [h4]30 May 2009 11:13:43[/h4]
According to a report in the British tabloid The Sun, Bolton Wanderers are the latest Premier League club looking to sign Paul Scholes from Manchester United during to close season.

It was reported on Friday that Stoke City are considering offering the 34-year-old a player-coach role at the Britannia Stadium for the 2009/10 campaign.

However, it is claimed that should the midfielder opt to leave Old Trafford, he may prefer to join the Trotters as their training ground is only thirty minutes from his home, while he would have to make a three-hour round trip to Stoke.

Apparently, the former England international, who scored 14 goals in 66 caps between 1997-2004, is ready to leave the Red Devils in order to secure more regular playing time in what is thought to be his last season as a player.

Bolton are allegedly willing to offer him a regular berth in the starting eleven at the Reebok Stadium, and will also match his £70,000-a-week wages.

Although Scholes agreed a one-year contract extension with United during the 2008/09 season, it is likely that they will let him leave on a free transfer.

Ricky Brooks, Goal.com

Sad to see Scholesy leave
smh.gif

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas will have worried his bosses in London with comments that it would be a dream to play for Champions League winners Barcelona.
sure,everyone wants to play for Barca now...
grin.gif

but as good as Cesc is,he'll soon find himself fourth in the midfield pecking order behind Xavi,Iniesta and Yaya Toure...
just like in the Spanish national team when they had Marcos Senna,Xavi and Iniesta,Cesc will never find himself in the starting eleven...

Any of you guys follow the Bundesliga? My new favorite player right now (thanks for Fifa '09
laugh.gif
) is Mario Gomez... transfered to Bayern Munich a few daysback for 30 million euro, can't wait to see him play there.

as good as barca is and as deep as they are i have a VERY hard time believing that cesc wouldn't start. esp for the price they would pay to get him. i dontsee arsenal letting him go for less than around £22.5m. as good as yaya is i dont see him starting in front of cesc at all.

as good as barca is and as deep as they are i have a VERY hard time believing that cesc wouldn't start. esp for the price they would pay to get him. i dont see arsenal letting him go for less than around £22.5m. as good as yaya is i dont see him starting in front of cesc at all.
i feel Cesc is more of a playmaker,and a playmaker is what Barca have in Xavi and Iniesta...
Yaya though,is the type of player every club needs - someone who can break down opposition's attack,playing just in front of the back four...

frankly though,i do get what you're trying to say...
all i'm saying is that i just don't feel Barca really need Cesc in their squad right now...

Back
Top Bottom