2009 Make or break year NFL Players ... No More Excuses!

Alright...here we go...my bad if some of these have been posted

David Garrard...homie got paid off that 18/3 season...dude didn't play well last year. If he has a so-so year, look for the Jags to draft a QB in round 1or 2 in 2010.
2004333666.jpg

Romo....he puts up numbers...no doubt. However, he has to make better decisions, and if the Cowboys don't make the playoffs OR advance, then there aregonna be a lot of questions...
tony-romo-jessica-simpson-3.jpg

Gholston...nuff' said
amd_jets.jpg

Jay Cutler....a sub-par year is out of the question
jay-cutler-confused.jpg

McDaniels/Orton....McDaniels because he's come into Denver w. an iron fist....playing in Shanahan's shadow is no easy task. He also thinks he can winw. Kyle Orton. We'll see how much Cutler really meant to the Broncos offense
80f7f2bd-932c-4e71-850b-917d947ed57c.jpg

Chad Ochocinco....I can see him stinking up the joint to force his way out of Cinci....if that's the case, he's going to have to do a lot to get hiscareer back on track. It would suck to see a guy as talented as him kinda fade into [mike tyson] bolivian [/mike tyson]
chadjohnsonpic.jpg

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Chad Ochocinco....I can see him stinking up the joint to force his way out of Cinci...
I can't see it.

I agree on Ghoston though.

And, how about:

cro_special_teams.jpg

nerd.gif

Maaaaaybe not make or break, but he def has to prove that season wasn't a flash in the pan.

I see what people are saying with Tony Romo, however, I don't agree. Playoff success or not, he is still a top 5 QB in the league and what are the Cowboysgonna do? Get rid of him in hopes they get something better? I doubt they would run the risk of that. I also doubt they can find a quick fix at QB gettingsomeone better.

It's almost like the Colts giving up on Manning when he had no playoff succes a few years back. There would be no reason to get rid of him, just the way Isee it with Romo.

It's more of a make or break for the fans than anything.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I see what people are saying with Tony Romo, however, I don't agree. Playoff success or not, he is still a top 5 QB in the league and what are the Cowboys gonna do? Get rid of him in hopes they get something better? I doubt they would run the risk of that. I also doubt they can find a quick fix at QB getting someone better.

It's almost like the Colts giving up on Manning when he had no playoff succes a few years back. There would be no reason to get rid of him, just the way I see it with Romo.

It's more of a make or break for the fans than anything.
Romo's #'s look great...no one is questioning that. But this guy is gonna be on a short-leash if he can't get this team to advance inthe playoffs. They have a TON of money tied up into him, but there will be plenty of questions surrounding him as the "franchise" QB if they come upshort again. They have a brand new stadium opening, and the pressure will be there to win...immediately.

^ But why get rid of him in hopes of getting someone better....Slim chance and a huge risk. They're stuck with him until his contract is done.

Quintin Demps

Unless he somehow loses the job to Rashad Baker or Sean Jones moves to FS, a lot is expected of this dude. If he fails, Philly is going to call for his headand management's for not re-signing Weapon X.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ But why get rid of him in hopes of getting someone better....Slim chance and a huge risk. They're stuck with him until his contract is done.
I'm not at all saying they will, but the Cowboys can always cut him in the near future....they aren't stuck w. Romo until the contract isup.

If the Cowboys

A - don't reach the playoffs

or

B - make the playoffs but don't advance

Romo's job will not be as secure as you think in 2010.

[2pac] "The preacher want me dead -why- cus I know he a liar" [/2pac]

julissa-larry-johnson-1.jpg

[2pac] picture me rollin [/2pac]
laugh.gif

why are people posting Vernon Davis?

i understand that he hasn't quite lived up to his hype from the draft. but he has solidified his spot as a starter on the 49ers. his success will bedependent on the success of the 49ers offensive system (and their QB).

Vernon Davis is one of the best blocking TEs in the league. he would start on most teams in the NFL. this is fact. he only looks like a "bust"because he's not getting 1,000 yds and 10 TDs like people hyped him up to do.. but then again, he is playing for the 49ers.. what do you expect. if you arean offensive player drafted by the 49ers, you are already set up to fail
laugh.gif

VD's contract is up in 2 seasons.. i GUARANTEE he gets a fat contract. if he leaves the 49ers and goes to another team, he will put up #s.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

why are people posting Vernon Davis?

i understand that he hasn't quite lived up to his hype from the draft. but he has solidified his spot as a starter on the 49ers. his success will be dependent on the success of the 49ers offensive system (and their QB).

Vernon Davis is one of the best blocking TEs in the league. he would start on most teams in the NFL. this is fact. he only looks like a "bust" because he's not getting 1,000 yds and 10 TDs like people hyped him up to do.. but then again, he is playing for the 49ers.. what do you expect. if you are an offensive player drafted by the 49ers, you are already set up to fail
laugh.gif

VD's contract is up in 2 seasons.. i GUARANTEE he gets a fat contract. if he leaves the 49ers and goes to another team, he will put up #s.

So, you take solace in the fact that you wasted the 6th pick in the draft on a good blocking TE? That ISN'T what he was drafted for....dude has been asclose to a bust as you can get. He's not seeing any parts of a "fat" contract in 2 years if he doesn't produce.

what has he done to show you he's capable of putting up numbers?

drafted 6th overall in 06 and the only way the man has 1000yards is when you add up the yardage from all three seasons. i dont think he had a game better than75yds last season and thats when he had that 50+yd reception. so far all you can say for such a high draft pick is that he blocks well? im sure the 9ers hadmore in mind than that. theres more than enough reason to say its make or break for the dude this year, it'll be his 4th and if he cant produce hes mostdefinitely a bust.

Felix Jones...a TRUE game breaker if he can stay healthy....should be killing w. APY
I disagree, Felix is probably the only player on our offense I'm not worried about. Not saying its make or break, but even Witten droppedpasses last year and Barber ran real bia bia. If Felix can stay healthy and returns 100% its a wrap.

What APY by the way?

He could prolly start for thePanthers, Bills, Cardinals, & Maybe Dolphins (Fasano & David Martin played real well last yr)
other than those teams I dont see it.

and there are a few cases where he wouldnt even be the 2nd string TE

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Vernon Davis is one of the best blocking TEs in the league. he would start on most teams in the NFL.

you dont honestly believe that do you?
And downtown...off of that statement, name 10 teams that VD would be the starter on

once again, Vernon Davis was not in a position to succeed being drafted by the 49ers. in their offensive system, they weren't even looking to get the ballto the TE. he dropped a couple passes, but don't act like he even really had a chance to be a major part of the offense. and he's really only had 2seasons, he lost one to injury.

no, he has not lived up to his draft pick or the money he was paid so far. but his lack of production speaks about the ineptitude of the 49ers coaching staffmore than anything. you draft a physical weapon at #6 and pay him huge $$$, yet you don't even try to involve him in the offense or work with him.

hopefully he can prove the doubters wrong this upcoming season in the new 49ers regime.

once again, Vernon Davis was not in a position to succeed being drafted by the 49ers. in their offensive system, they weren't even looking to get the ball to the TE. he dropped a couple passes, but don't act like he even really had a chance to be a major part of the offense. and he's really only had 2 seasons, he lost one to injury.

no, he has not lived up to his draft pick or the money he was paid so far. but his lack of production speaks about the ineptitude of the 49ers coaching staff more than anything. you draft a physical weapon at #6 and pay him huge $$$, yet you don't even try to involve him in the offense or work with him.

hopefully he can prove the doubters wrong this upcoming season in the new 49ers regime.

If that's the case, how do you explain a dude like Eric Johnson having 82 catches the year before Vernon Davis gets there? And he had Rattay, Dorsey, andPickett throwing him the rock...so, the excuse about the QB/system is null and void as far as I'm concerned when talking about VD.

roy-williams-hookem.jpg

Texas boy or not, you're already on a short leash with the vast majority of Cowboys fans... Time to earn that $$$$

Also see: Crayton, Patrick; Hurd, Sam; and Austin, Miles... It's your time, fellas... You wanted more balls, here they come... Poop or get off the pot.

Really, you could probably just throw this whole franchise in this thread... It's time we stop hearing about all the talent and not getting any results...

Jason%20Garrett%20Head%20Coach.jpg

Not a player, but make-or-break certainly applies here... Owens is gone. The headaches are gone. You've got three GAME CHANGERS at the running backposition if you use them... We've heard about going Romo-friendly all offseason. Let's see it...

Roy-Williams-safety.jpg

This is it... I'm giving you one last chance... You blamed your demise in Dallas on the scheme, you didn't fit in the 3-4, whatever... You're backwith Mike Zimmer, where you started your career and became a star... Time to show everybody you aren't/weren't a by-product of Darren Woodson'sgreatness...

tarvaris-jackson.jpg

Tired of hearing about the potential, the talent, all that crap... The results haven't been great, and teammates are calling you out... When you got yourfront office bringing in Sage Rosenfels to challenge for your job... Well, you're the definition of what this post is looking for...

Back
Top Bottom