2009 MLB Homerun Leader watch...[ Who will hit 50? ]

Pick a player from the AL and NL that you think will have the most when the season ends

Leaders as of 5/18/09

[table][tr][td]AL HOME RUNS[/td] [td]HR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Carlos Pena
[/td] [td]1. Carlos Pena, TAM[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Justin Morneau, MIN[/td] [td]12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Aaron Hill, TOR[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Jason Bay, BOS[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Ian Kinsler, TEX[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Complete Leaders[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]NL HOME RUNS[/td] [td]HR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Adrian Gonzalez
[/td] [td]1. Adrian Gonzalez, SDG[/td] [td]15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Raul Ibanez, PHI[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Albert Pujols, STL[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Alfonso Soriano, CHC[/td] [td]12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Adam Dunn, WAS[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Complete Leaders[/td] [/tr][/table]

AL - Evan Longoria
NL - Albert Pujols

American League - Jason Bay
Really? If the Sox keep batting him cleanup with Ellsbury, Pedroia, & Drew in front of him, I can see him easily contending for the RBItitle, but I don't think he has that kind of power.

Adrian Gonzalez is mad underrated and the fact that he is doing this in Petco of all places.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
I think he has 50 home run power every where else but Petcoa but I don't belive anybody will finish over 50. I think KLJ had it right with Bay andAdrian.

NL - Pujols
AL - Chris Davis

I'd say Adrian Gonzalez, but I just wonder how may end up doubles or flyballs over the long haul due to that ballpark... He's hitting home runs on 35%of his flyballs right now... It ain't about to stay that high over the course of the season...

And I think Chris Davis gets in a zone at some point and shoots out in front... He's got 10 right now, and he hasn't gotten in a real groove at anypoint this season...

Adrian Gonzalez flies under the radar so much. He needs to get out of there.
AL will be between Pena Morneau
NL will be between Pujols and Gonzalez

laugh.gif
at Jonny Damon having 10

Pujols for the NL
Morneau or ARod for the AL

ARod started late but he's already showing some pop

Really? If the Sox keep batting him cleanup with Ellsbury, Pedroia, & Drew in front of him, I can see him easily contending for the RBI title, but I don't think he has that kind of power.
Sure he does.

Plus, he plays at Fenway.

Back
Top Bottom