2009 NFL Combine.....Potential Heat??

Aight, even though the combine is sponsored by Under Armour (why is this? Rock why didn't Nike jump on this??) There was some decent heat on the noobshands and feet. Saw a receiver wearing bright neon green Nike receiving gloves. Ton of guys wearing Zoom TD cleats. Anyone spot anything new? Don't thinkanyone is in line for signature shoes like Vick or Reggie Bush was.

I would like to know as well. We dont get NFL network up here at school, so i missed all the wideout drills and the 40's
smh.gif

I didn't see anyone wearing anything special. A few guys had their shoes in their school colors, guys wore UA gloves and shoes, and most just wore blackand white shoes.

85006811.jpg

85006534.jpg

85006567.jpg

Puma v3.08 (or v1.08) soccer cleats.
85006768.jpg

Puma v1.06's
84976474.jpg

Puma v5.08's I believe.
85006523.jpg

85006723.jpg

Nike Ronaldinho Dois soccer cleats. I've got a pair, and they're not that light, but super comfortable.
84976420.jpg

The 1st pair look like Citron SLs (i know there not) I have them and there not too comfy but hoooly crap 6.:nerd:z can be turned down.
Im suprised these guys are getting ahold of V1.06/8s that big puma usially stops at 13

There was a segment that featured Rich Eisen running the 40. He was given a pair fo the new UA shoes which I assume is similar to the Nike SPARQ shoes. Theywere a metallic red with a black sole and Eisen said they weighed about 8.5 oz.

Originally Posted by shoes604

There was a segment that featured Rich Eisen running the 40. He was given a pair fo the new UA shoes which I assume is similar to the Nike SPARQ shoes. They were a metallic red with a black sole and Eisen said they weighed about 8.5 oz.
I about flipped my lid when I saw that. I saw a segment where they interviewed the CEO of Garbage Under Armour, where he discussed this"new" combine prototype shoe. I thought to myself, "Nike/SPARQ have been releasing the same kind of shoe for the past three years now!"

Yet another brand copying what Nike's already done.

I don't know how UA got to sponsor this. I thought Reebok was the official sponsor for the NFL? Cool to still see a bunch of cats still wearing Nikecleats and gloves. Push that Pay-Less crap aside for the real deal........

And why is Deion teaming up with UA for "Prime U?" Deion: you're a NIKE guy!

Originally Posted by xlebroniv23

The 1st pair look like Citron SLs (i know there not) I have them and there not too comfy but hoooly crap 6.:nerd:z can be turned down.
That's what I thought at first, but realized they're just the Vapor Jet 4.2's in neon. Why aren't these getting Kryponate hype?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rafool

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by HMack007

Where can I get those gloves!?!
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Is this supposed to be a smartass remark? Because I do want to know where to get those gloves. Haven't seen them on NDC. Haven't seen emon Eastbay. I work for an NFL team, guess I'll have to hit up the equipment manager!

Originally Posted by IamSoySauce3

There was a segment that featured Rich Eisen running the 40. He was given a pair fo the new UA shoes which I assume is similar to the Nike SPARQ shoes. They were a metallic red with a black sole and Eisen said they weighed about 8.5 oz.
I about flipped my lid when I saw that. I saw a segment where they interviewed the CEO of Garbage Under Armour, where he discussed this "new" combine prototype shoe. I thought to myself, "Nike/SPARQ have been releasing the same kind of shoe for the past three years now!"

I don't know how UA got to sponsor this. I thought Reebok was the official sponsor for the NFL? Cool to still see a bunch of cats still wearing Nike cleats and gloves. Push that Pay-Less crap aside for the real deal........

Everyone in the Industry knows Nike wants UA as eventual Sponsor of the NFL... Reebok is getting handed their %!%+ Sponsoring the NFL and the NBA beingattached to Adidas... Nike wants no part of Sponsoring, and is happy enough having their cleats and again their gloves being seen to be sold on the field.

UA has alot of good stuff coming in the future, and when the Torch is passed.. expect alot. I mean ALOT....

I do admit designs have alot to be desired still but that will be changing.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I about flipped my lid when I saw that. I saw a segment where they interviewed the CEO of Garbage Under Armour, where he discussed this "new" combine prototype shoe. I thought to myself, "Nike/SPARQ have been releasing the same kind of shoe for the past three years now!"

I don't know how UA got to sponsor this. I thought Reebok was the official sponsor for the NFL? Cool to still see a bunch of cats still wearing Nike cleats and gloves. Push that Pay-Less crap aside for the real deal........

UA has alot of good stuff coming in the future, and when the Torch is passed.. expect alot. I mean ALOT....
The only way that torched gets passed is if Nike decides ON THEIR OWN to get out of the industry. No way UA ever catches up to Nike.

And what do you mean by "A LOT?"

Nike rules.......

Originally Posted by RockDeep

The only way that torched gets passed is if Nike decides ON THEIR OWN to get out of the industry. No way UA ever catches up to Nike.

And what do you mean by "A LOT?"

Nike rules.......

Dude.. calm down...
laugh.gif

I meant when the Torch of having the NFL Contract my man. Not UA taking over Nike.

RIF....

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Is this supposed to be a smart remark? Because I do want to know where to get those gloves. Haven't seen them on NDC. Haven't seen em on Eastbay. I work for an NFL team, guess I'll have to hit up the equipment manager!
calm down man, that means they lookin for the gloves too
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Is this supposed to be a smartass remark? Because I do want to know where to get those gloves. Haven't seen them on NDC. Haven't seen em on Eastbay. I work for an NFL team, guess I'll have to hit up the equipment manager!
Not at all. I actually wanna know where to cop a pair. BTW, what team do you work for?

Back
Top Bottom