embarassed.gif
http://www.nfl.com/videos...32-in-32-Oakland-Raiders
And Ken "the Snake" Stabler made the top 10 all time clutch QB's
pimp.gif

http://www.nfl.com/videos...n-Clutch-QBs-Ken-Stabler
Get Kenny in the hall of fame.

[h2]Ellis signs 3-year deal with Raiders[/h2]

Comment Email Print Associated Press

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders signed defensive end Greg Ellis on Monday night, acquiring a veteran presence as they work to upgrade their defense.

[h4]Ellis To Raiders A Surprise[/h4]

Greg Ellis' three-year agreement with the Raiders and return to a 4-3 defense come as a surprise, writes Bill Williamson. Blog

The 6-foot-6, 262-pound Ellis, who turns 34 on Aug. 14, was released earlier this month by the Dallas Cowboys -- his team for all 11 of his NFL seasons. The sides completed the deal late Monday when he signed the contract, Raiders CEO Amy Trask said.

Ellis has also played linebacker but will be a defensive end in the Raiders' 4-3 system. Oakland's defense struggled in the pass rush and to generate sacks last season. Training camp opens next month in nearby Napa.

"We are proud and excited that he chose the Raiders," Trask said by phone. "We believe he will be a fine contributor at defensive end."

Raiders coach Tom Cable has acknowledged the team might trade former Pro Bowler Derrick Burgess, who is unhappy with his contract, if Oakland gets adequate compensation.

Ellis has 77 career sacks, including a career-best 12½ in 2007 for the Cowboys. He's had 30 or more tackles in eight of his professional seasons.

Burgess heads into the final year of a deal that pays him a $2 million base salary this season. The Raiders have shown no interest so far in renegotiating or extending the contract.

Oakland finished 5-11 last season and went 4-8 under Cable, who took over for the fired Lane Kiffin on Sept. 30. Cable had the interim tag removed from his title in February.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4260643Hopefully this doesn't mean we are getting rid of Burgess, although it's looking that way right now.

Not a bad pickup though, a veteran DE like Ellis will be a solid addition to the defense.

when jamarcus russell has time he can be one of the best the raiders will go to the playoffs this year if every one can stay healthy and we can have a solidrunning game and the defense keeps up the good work we have the best corner in the game and if they made a deal for brandon marshall i wouldnt be mad cause itsa great target for jamarcus russell

[h2]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/17/heyward-bey-injured-again/[/h2]
[h2]Heyward-Bey Injured, Again[/h2]
Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 17, 2009, 6:14 p.m. EDT

Former University of Maryland wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey is hurt again.

The Oakland Raiders' first-round wide receiver aggravated a right hamstring injury, left the field with a trainer and didn't return to practice, according to Jerry McDonald of the Contra Costa Times.

Per the report, Heyward-Bey, who has been battling hamstring issues since being drafted seventh overall in April, got hurt running an out pattern and grabbed the back of his leg. McDonald wrote that Heyward-Bey was heard groaning in pain.

The news stayed bad for the Raiders' rookie class as second-round safety Mike Mitchell remains sidelined with his own hamstring injury.

Meanwhile, newly-acquired defensive end Greg Ellis took the first-team repetitions at left defensive end.

According to David White of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Raiders declined to make Ellis available for interviews.

Link

Originally Posted by JPZx

The Oakland Raiders' first-round wide receiver aggravated a right hamstring injury, left the field with a trainer and didn't return to practice, according to Jerry McDonald of the Contra Costa Times.

Per the report, Heyward-Bey, who has been battling hamstring issues since being drafted seventh overall in April, got hurt running an out pattern and grabbed the back of his leg. McDonald wrote that Heyward-Bey was heard groaning in pain.

The news stayed bad for the Raiders' rookie class as second-round safety Mike Mitchell remains sidelined with his own hamstring injury.

Meanwhile, newly-acquired defensive end Greg Ellis took the first-team repetitions at left defensive end.

According to David White of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Raiders declined to make Ellis available for interviews.

Link

Cot dammit
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kayZEEzay

Originally Posted by JPZx

Link
Cot dammit
smh.gif
laugh.gif

frown.gif
indifferent.gif

F***
Hopefully DHB gets back on the field soon. same w/ Mike Mitch
mad.gif

grin.gif
Im confident though that the raiders will be OK once the season starts.
embarassed.gif
I hope.

I work with three raider fans and they all said that the raiders will have a winning record this year..thoughts?

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I work with three raider fans and they all said that the raiders will have a winning record this year..thoughts?
i think the raiders will be solid, gonna surprise alot of people if they stay healthy ....they got an awesome running game they just need peopleto catch the ball
grin.gif
to balance the offense...The defense last year wasactually pretty good...they just got worn down to much cuz the freaking offense can't get 1st down
grin.gif
. I think last year also they had to much drama going on with Lane Kiffin whichcause distraction within the team ..but now they have a coach the player respect and like. So we'll see, i can't wait til the season starts.

I think the Raiders can have a winning record, if they run the football. They signed a couple of O-linemen and Neal and they have 3 above average RB's. Ifthey run the football successfully, J-russ will have some pressure taken off of him and he will be able to develop as a better QB and if the O can run theball, the defense will most likely be able to get some rest on the sideline and so that in effect will cause them to play better.
Does that answer ur question???

Reasons it could happen
- J Rock looked good at the end of last season
- Our o-line is significantly upgraded with the loss of K . Harris, and the incoming of Barnes, Satele, Pears and Henderson starting at LT
- Our special teams is clearly top 3 in the league now
- When given the chance to play, our young WRs Higgins and Schilens looked good
- D-Mac and Bush are healthy
- Deangelo Hall is not on the team anymore, and Chris Johnson looked like a top 15 CB for about 8 games last year
- Stability at Head Coach, no more Rob Ryan and his %%%*$@ schemes

Reasons it won't happen
- we have a hard schedule
- our run D was near the worst in the league last year, and we didn't bring in any new DTs
- small sample size of good play from C. Johnson and J-Rock could be a fluke
- several key players have not shown the ability to stay healthy yet (D-Mac, Schilens)
- inexperienced WRs

I will say it probably won't happen cuz of the schedule though. Most of it hinges on J-Rocks progression and the Run D.

just heard on NFL live that Jamarcus has been holding private practices with the receiving core, good move young fella. Now he just needs to take the o-lineout to dinner or something and build a rapport with them. I know itd cost my yearly salary for the next 12 years to feed an o-line for one night but im sureits nothin J cant handle.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

just heard on NFL live that Jamarcus has been holding private practices with the receiving core, good move young fella. Now he just needs to take the o-line out to dinner or something and build a rapport with them. I know itd cost my yearly salary for the next 12 years to feed an o-line for one night but im sure its nothin J cant handle.
pimp.gif
J-Russ puttin in work.

My dude DHB stays with that hurt Hammy man...anywho, I think we all know this team will only go as far as Jamarcus will take us...if he plays like he didtoward the end of the season (really just giving us a little bit of a passing game) we'll be 5x better...hell we might even win the west depending on whichSD team shows up this year

I can see us having an 8-8 season with a couple upsets. Just as long as I see some progress I'm good. Winning season probably won't happen though causeof the schedule like dude up there said, but hey i'll take 8-8. thats winning enough for me.

Jamarcus invited a bunch of the raiders to come to alabama with him for his skills camp this week im really liking the growth J is showin hopefully ittranslates onto the field

I wonder if the team chemistry will inspire the players to work even harder for each other?

I hope so
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom