2010 Boston Marathon

Marathon Monday tomorrow as the Boston Marathon kicks off in Hopkinton en route to Boston.  Weather looks great- 50's and partly cloudy with no headwinds.  Some interesting stories for the race tomorrow.  USA hopefuls Ryan Hall vs. Meb Keflezighi.  Moroccan elite runner Falil can't make it over because of the Icelandic volcano.  Anybody else running or spectating?  All good though...post starter and bib#2413 is taking it home.

Nice, have heard its an amazing accomplishment once you finish..guessing this won't be your first marathon though. But I will try and track you online, good luck!

Best of luck tomorrow, going by today's weather looks like perfect running temp for you. I will be hammered somewhere in Copley Sq. cheering you on.

I just ran a half-marathon today, without any serious training the past 3 weeks (been super sick). Miles 10-13 was the worst physical experience of my life. Sprinting the last .1 was one of the most physically accomplishing experiences of my life.

You're probably a lot more prepared than I was....Good luck...Tell us how Heartbreak Hill felt

Qualifying time for 18-34 year olds is 3:10:59, about a 7:15 pace. I'll be running in Nike Zoom Marathoners. It's like a half-flat tailored for marathoners with a roomy upper and a firmer and more stable midsole.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Whats your diet like the day before the race and day of the race?
Day before I try to eat lighter- no fried foods, not a lot of dairy.  Lots of pasta and bread.  Even if I'm not really hungry that much I'll eat.  I consume about 4-5,000 calories a day so picture the portions lol.  Lots of hydration as well.  Day of eat a regular breakfast w/o dairy.  During the marathon I'll hydrate every 2 miles and take a GU gel every 5 or if I need a boost.  This will be my 4th so the formula works for me at least.

Nice man, I am hoping to qualify this year with a marathon in the fall. I know several people running this race so I will be following it, hope Ryan Hall can break through and get a win as well.

Originally Posted by jschue

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Whats your diet like the day before the race and day of the race?
Day before I try to eat lighter- no fried foods, not a lot of dairy.  Lots of pasta and bread.  Even if I'm not really hungry that much I'll eat.  I consume about 4-5,000 calories a day so picture the portions lol.  Lots of hydration as well.  Day of eat a regular breakfast w/o dairy.  During the marathon I'll hydrate every 2 miles and take a GU gel every 5 or if I need a boost.  This will be my 4th so the formula works for me at least.
Big fan of the GU gel, love that stuff, great at halftime for football or multiple bball games. stuff saves me in the 4th quarter
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Im hoping to qualify sometime this year... I need to get back into my cross country training schedule
pimp.gif

Who cares about the race? This is the best Boston-area college party day of the year. Start smashing brews at about 9 am. Should've called into work and partied instead.

The marathon was right in between our off campus house and the campus so we would literally go to the campus and stuff like 15 girls into a truck and shuttle back and forth. Damnit, I hate growing up.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

The marathon was right in between our off campus house and the campus so we would literally go to the campus and stuff like 15 girls into a truck and shuttle back and forth. Damnit, I hate growing up.
I read your last two posts as if you were the Man in Black.  Lost is now either ruining my life, or making my life much more enjoyable.

I finished in 3:00:46. Was the most god awful, painful, thing I've done. That course is absolutely no joke. Highlights for me were getting passed by a little asian lady in a Minnie Mouse costume mile 2, Wesley women's college mile 12 (these chicks were out of control lol), and then passing that same damn Minnie Mouse lady on Heartbreak Hill. Kinda bummed I wasn't under 3 but I had to take a port a pottie break mile 12. Still qualified for next year. Everyone should seriously experience it, whether running or cheering. It's amazing.

US runners Ryan Hall took 4th and 5th (Ryan Hall 2:08:41 Meb 2:09:26) Robert Cheruiyot came in first and set a new ungodly course record of 2:05:52

Originally Posted by jschue

I finished in 3:00:46. Was the most god awful, painful, thing I've done. That course is absolutely no joke. Highlights for me were getting passed by a little asian lady in a Minnie Mouse costume mile 2, Wesley women's college mile 12 (these chicks were out of control lol), and then passing that same damn Minnie Mouse lady on Heartbreak Hill. Kinda bummed I wasn't under 3 but I had to take a port a pottie break mile 12. Still qualified for next year. Everyone should seriously experience it, whether running or cheering. It's amazing.

US runners Ryan Hall took 4th and 5th (Ryan Hall 2:08:41 Meb 2:09:26) Robert Cheruiyot came in first and set a new ungodly course record of 2:05:52

Props man. I know people who have run it and call it a life changing experience to train for something so hard and then accomplish your goals. Most of them have quit after one as well.

And yea, Wellesley college chicks are more manly than most football teams so it doesn't surprise me at all that they were out of control.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom