2010 College Basketball Season

Might be too early to start a UAAP/NCAA season thread... but there are plenty of related news going around. Plus, Fil-Oil Flying-V preseason tourney is just around the corner.

Some news:

Ateneo ditches the stripes, will don the Swoosh again beginning this year.
pimp.gif

Chico Tirona tore his ACL playng in the PBL, will most likely sit out for San Beda this season.

Oping Sumalinog who had a great PCCL is also injured for next season

The Lady Eagles staff banned the Hyperize and the KBV, looks like they'll be getting KDs

A lot have been having problems with the Hyperize.

Personally, I think it's a terrible shoe.

And the hefty price-tag only makes it worse.

any news on the current recruits for college teams? or is it too early for that still?

I think it's still early too tell.. come Fil-Oil we'll have some preview of the new faces, it's hard to tell unless the recruits are already enrolled next school year
smile.gif

yeah i think your right icebox15. nothing is official yet unless they are already enrolled.

thanks anyway! keep the updates coming. looking forward to uaap's upcoming season!

I doubt DLSU will turn to Nike once the contract expires. I hear that they have ethical issues with Nike.

I know where the graduating members of the Red Cubs are headed next school year, but its too early to tell and they said *shhh* muna
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Gameover2

I will not be surprised if La Salle goes back to Accel next season.

laugh.gif

When were they with Accel?

Cholo V. days?

Anyway, why can't UST get Nike or adidas at LEAST for their uniforms? Jeric Teng and Clark Bautista need new threads.

La Salle were sponsored by Accel in 2005 and 2007, 2005 (last year of Yeo), and 2007 (they won against UE after UE sweeping the elims, Cholo V won the Finals MVP)

Last time I heard, Adidas is planning to get UST, not sure what's the latest score about that
smile.gif

Looks like Gwyne Capacio might not suit up for Ateneo, as well as Escoto for FEU this season. They're expected to join the RP youth squad.

UP's 1st five looks awesome...

PG - Reyes
SG - Padilla
SF - Silungan
PF - Alinko
C - Sison

I expect them to beat some higher ranked teams...

NU's recruitment is stepping up...No Thanks to the Sy Family and Coach Eric Altamirano's RP Squad...

Update

Ponferada           
Baloran               
Hermosisima         
Terso                 
Tungkol             
Magat                 
Singh               
Malanday           
NlepeNlepe         
Mbe                 
Ignacio               

+5 Coach E's RP youth

Squires - heard it's Khoubuntin          
UPHSD           
Tigercubs
Redcubs - Moralde? Sara? Not sure
RTU

My Rankings so far...

FEU - Current recruits include UAAP Jrs MVP Romeo + RP Youth standout Tolomia. This squad is loaded once again at the guard position. Looks like they are trying to fill the space vacated by Barroca. The problem remains Ramos's health conditions.
Ateneo - With Oping out...they're down to no. 2 on my list...Rabeh, Nonoy and Jai's absence will be felt badly by the Defending Champs.
UE - It will be Paul Lee's breakout year...yet again...
Adamson - Exprience + a veteran line-up and a healthy import could bring them to the Final 4.
DLSU - Rebuilding stage. Coach Dindo ain't Coach Franz...
UP - Strong starting 5 but too young. 2nd stringers are just average except for Lopez and Martin Reyes.
NU - Too many rookies in the line-up just like DLSU. Might not adjust to the new system in the early stages but the good thing is...they're young and have a big budget behind their program.
UST - No impressive recruit as of now. No Dylan. No legit center. and please...fire your jersey designer...
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

Arvie Bringas is on leave. Damn.

What reason?

FEU's Ramos is injured? I think he'll definitely beast this year with the added RP experience.

ATENEO at #2? Salamat, Buenafe and Salva? Nope I put them behind UE.

I'm not sure. I don't see him in practice or anywhere else.

So far only the Zobel boys are practicing with the team in Taft.

Originally Posted by soul228

NU's recruitment is stepping up...No Thanks to the Sy Family and Coach Eric Altamirano's RP Squad...

Squires - heard it's Khoubuntin          
UPHSD           
Tigercubs
Redcubs - Moralde? Sara? Not sure
RTU
Sir, as far as i know there would be a Red Cub in the NU lineup, but he won't be coming from the RP squad therefore it wouldn't be Sara. And also it wouldn't be Moralde since he is headed for another school.

Rumor has it that Arvie just doesn't like the DLSU lifestyle, na-culture shock, kumbaga.
Ryan Buenafe is also showing some bad signs, he left an exhibition game at halftime just recently and looks to have gained weight.

The two hyped prospects aren't doing well, eh?

What do you guys think of the African Invasion? should ADMU and DLSU follow suit?

DLSU has a big lineup next year, with Norbert Torres(2 year residency) and Arnold Van Opstal coming in.

I remember La Salle was sponsored by FILA before right? hehe anyway, thanks for this thread..

UP's got one white guy suitin up for em. I think his name's Moriah Gingerich.

Ateneo's added one big man in their temporary Team A lineup. Name's John Paul Erram.

Gingerich has been with them since the previous season.

Reminds me of Bornancin.
laugh.gif

They need an Ira Buyco type of player to rough it up with the other big boys.

As for Bringas, he chose DLSU over UP and he's already finding it difficult.

What more if he went to UP!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hotblizzard2003

Rumor has it that Arvie just doesn't like the DLSU lifestyle, na-culture shock, kumbaga.
Ryan Buenafe is also showing some bad signs, he left an exhibition game at halftime just recently and looks to have gained weight.

The two hyped prospects aren't doing well, eh?

What do you guys think of the African Invasion? should ADMU and DLSU follow suit?

DLSU has a big lineup next year, with Norbert Torres(2 year residency) and Arnold Van Opstal coming in.
26155_374715134790_103307884790_3478372_2839330_n.jpg

26155_374715074790_103307884790_3478367_808466_n.jpg

This Hoodie is dope.
pimp.gif

I read in NT or in some newspapers that Ryan Buenafe just doesn't like to study and be in the classroom, and that he thinks of himself as PBA material. There was a rumor recently that he would try the draft I think.

Na-shock si Arvie?haha Simon Atkins should show him how to live!

Matagal pa ba si Kiefer bago mag seniors? Parang Steph Curry ng Pilipinas un eh! 

Back
Top Bottom