2010 free agents. how many deserve a max contract?

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by DubA169

i'm gonna simplify things for the sake of argument:

A team can win a championship with bosh as their best player

true or false?

Quit trying to slight him for no apparent reason.
Someone is probably about to give Joe Johnson a MAX contract.  You think he can win a title being the best player on his team?

i'm not trying to slight him. he won't win as a number 1 option. if scottie pippen didn't get max money, bosh sure as hell shouldn't.

and look what i wrote on the first page. hell no joe johnson isn't worth max money.

this was about who should get max not who will get max. that's why i had amare and bosh as the players i just don't know about giving max money to. check out 1996. first year jordan got max type money.

Code:
Michael Jordan    $30,140,000Dennis Rodman      $9,000,000Scottie Pippen     $2,250,000i know times have changes, but i see them changing back after the CBA. just because GM'S were ******ed for the last 15 years doesn't mean that a 2nd option should get a max contract.does anyone know if pippen renegotiated and got crazy money?

Plus that chart is stupid. Pippen was paid stupid dollars in 1998. He was underpaid for years.

You act like only people who absolutely can lead a team to a championship deserve max players. That list barely includes 5 people, IMO (LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Melo, not sure about a 5th)
Be realistic. People like Adonal Foyle have recieved 5/42m; you have to realize the NBA landscape. Chris Bosh is an up and coming superstar. Max dollars are definitely deserved.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

1 - Lebron
2 - Durant (How this dude been playing at 21 yrs old... lock him up while hes still young !)
3 - Kobe
4 - Wade
5 - Bosh
Durant isnt a free agent....

bijald0331 wrote:

You act like only people who absolutely can lead a team to a championship deserve max players. That list barely includes 5 people, IMO (LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Melo, not sure about a 5th)

that's exactly what i'm saying.

I like Bosh, but he's not a top 10 player.
Name 10 dudes that will be better in the coming years...
nerd.gif

Bron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, Melo, Dirk, D12, CP3,

Deron, ROY, Evans, Bosh, Yao, Rose can battle it out for 9-15. 

the bottom line is the guys in the first list will battle for titles and will win.  When the game is on the line in the playoffs, it comes down to one guy from each team, imo, Bosh isn't going to beat those guys I listed first.  Doesn't mean Bosh isn't good or anything, he's just not better then the elites. 

You got KD already on that list?  He hasn't even played a playoff game yet...

Also, Kobe and Dirk are about to fall off sooner rather than later (don't get me wrong, they will still be great, but they won't be the same).  You didn't even list TD...see what I mean?

Also, if I had a choice between D-12 or Bosh, I'm taking Bosh.

You got KD already on that list?  He hasn't even played a playoff game yet...

Also, Kobe and Dirk are about to fall off sooner rather than later (don't get me wrong, they will still be great, but they won't be the same).  You didn't even list TD...see what I mean?

Also, if I had a choice between D-12 or Bosh, I'm taking Bosh.

We talkin about THIS summer, and beyond.   THIS summer, Kobe and Dirk get more money from me then Bosh.  BEYOND, Durant would get more money from me then Bosh. 

Do you doubt that Durant won't blow way past Bosh in the next 2 years?  If you had the cash to sign Kobe this summer, you would give it to Bosh instead?  Your argument is out the window now don't ya think?

Duncan has just too many miles at this point.  Kobe has mileage, but he's got 4 more years, Tim doesn't. 

Your argument is out the window now don't ya think?
What?
laugh.gif
...It depends on how long these said contracts are for.

No it doesn't. 

You gon tell me that you want to go into NEXT year with Chris Bosh instead of Kobe?  Do you?

And then the following year as well.  I know this is a slippery slope so try not to lose sight, but you'd take a 25 year old Chris Webber over a 33 year old MJ back in the day?  (for those of you ready to murder me, Bosh isn't as good as Webber was, just as Kobe is not what MJ was, so please chill)  But you see the comparison I'm making right? 

And don't even try and pass off Durant.  You know God damn well he will be miles ahead of Bosh in due time.  I don't care how long a contract you wanna talk about there. 

Like I said, how long are we talking?  That's the main thing that matters, but you claim it doesn't for some reason.

Next year?  Give me Bosh over Dirk right now.

Next year?  I'll take Kobe for 2...maaaaybe 3.  Probably not though (just 2).

Yes, I'd give KD the MAX with the maximum # of years over Bosh with the quickness.

My original point is that if you had to give a LONG TERM MAX DEAL to 10 players in the NBA, Chris Bosh's name would be on that list.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Gasol>>Bosh
laugh.gif

I can't believe this.

They both have similarities in terms of not being strong in the paint, but Pau is too much of a cry baby. At least Bosh tries to be tough. Bosh game is just more fluid than Pau's. He got the step back midrange, can work on the block, just as quick if not quicker than Pau on top of him being a little more mean than Pau when it comes to matching up against the opposition. Neither of them are good enough to lead their team, but I give Bosh the upper hand.

Bosh is better than Melo, I love Melo but please call me when he isn't a complete defensive liability. Evans and Rose in the TOP 15?? Huh?

Back
Top Bottom