:::2011-2012 Houston Texans Fans Thread:::

Originally Posted by Statis22

It all good, Willowridge is cool with me lol.

same district. i went to austin. not at all about that life
pimp.gif

Stay near Worthing, went to Westside and graduated before they got flushed down the toilet

Just had a thought in my head, no slight to Jonathan Joseph nor Danieal Manning, but how come we didn't
show any interest in Donte Whitner? He was a top DB last year, and the 49ners basically gave him Jacoby
Jones' contract to sign with them.

Maybe they were concerned he was a player who just performed during a contract year. He was a borderline bust before last year.

Oh yea that makes sense. Still would've been a nice pickup for that price though.

Just a bit of an update, Kareem is pretty much still looking lost out there, and people are saying
Jason Allen is having a great camp right now and could possibly have a chance at starting opposite
Jonathan Joseph. I'm all for it if that happens.

^^^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Yea, and apparently he takes a lot of pride in it, since he has been "lighting it up in training camp".

Oh, and here's a poll I came across earlier today:

[h5]Who starts opposite Johnathan Joseph?[/h5]
16%
Kareem Jackson

144 votes

67%
Jason Allen

601 votes

13%
Brandon Harris

122 votes

1%
Sherrick McManis

9 votes

1%
Brice Mc--haha, I can't even type that out.

14 votes

0%
Other

7 votes

897 votes

Originally Posted by Statis22

This city starting to get that next level hate for KJ. Sad.

it's very sad. i hope for his sake he can turn his play around. i understand he was awful last year but the hatred towards him is unwarranted. or maybe i just don't have enough hate in my heart for a person i've never personally had any dealings with
ohwell.gif

^^^Same here. I definitely can't hate him after meeting him. If he works hard and is able to get better (unlike David Carr), then
it should be all good. He couldn't POSSIBLY be any worse than last here, I can tell you that.

And a small roster update, FB Bubba Bartlett & DE Zane Parr were released, and based on training camp so far, the leading
guys for the 4th WR spot are Dorin Dickerson and Terrance Tolliver, with Lester Jean not far behind the. I think Dickerson is
pretty much a lock for the 4th spot, but who knows.

260xStory.jpg
260xStory.jpg

----From Chron.com----

The Texans may need to bring in the Red Cross to assist them with so many players suffering nagging injuries during training camp.

The situation was so bad during this morning's practice that Jon Weeks — the deep snapper from Baylor — suffered a sprained ankle without being touched. His ankle was wrapped with ice, and he limped off the field.

"They don't make Baylor guys like they used to," coach Gary Kubiak said with a smile.

Tight end Joel Dreessen replaced Weeks as the snapper.

Steve Slaton, who has looked terrific since camp began, became the most recent runnng back to suffer a hamstring injury. Arian Foster and Ben Tate have been sidelined with hamstring injuries.

Derrick Ward and Chris Ogbonnaya are the only healthy running backs.

When practice ended, cornerback Johnathan Joseph was getting his hamstring stretched to avoid an injury.

Receiver Jacoby Jones missed the morning practice because of a sprained ankle. All the news wasn't bad. Inside linebacker Brian Cushing, who is recovering from major knee surgery, practiced a little more today than on Wednesday. Kubiak said Cushing looks better every day.

Meanwhile, outside linebacker Mario Williams missed practice but had an excused absence. Williams left to be with his father, who's battling cancer at a Houston hospital.
Read more: [url=http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7693167.html#ixzz1Ul3Q4ydP]http://www.chron.com/disp...93167.html#ixzz1Ul3Q4ydP[/url]

[h1]Just some more updates...

Texans sign Devard Darling, Javarris Williams
[/h1]

http://www.chron.com/photos/2002/09/28/27442530/260xStory.jpg

260xStory.jpg

[h6]Paul Sakuma Associated Press [/h6]
Devard Darling played for Washington State and was drafted in the third round by Baltimore in 2004.

Because of injuries at wide receiver and running back, the Texans have signed Devard Darling and Javarris Williams.

The Texans begin preseason Monday night at Reliant Stadium against the New York Jets. Andre Johnson (finger) and Jacoby Jones (ankle) might not play.

Three running backs — Arian Foster, Ben Tate and Steve Slaton - have hamstring injuries.

Darling, 29, ran a 4.4 40-yard dash for the Texans after the Thursday morning practice. He passed a physical. Darling (6-1, 213) hasn't played in the NFL since the 2009 preseason when he suffered a torn anterior cruciate knee ligament. In 2010, he played for Omaha of the United Football League.

Darling grew up in Houston and starred with his twin brother, Devaughn, at Stephen F. Austin High School. The Darlings went to Florida State. Devaughn died in 2001 while the brothers were working out at Florida State.

Devard transferred to Washington State and was drafted in the third round by Baltimore in 2004. He played four seasons with the Ravens and one with the Chiefs before suffering the injury.

Williams grew up in Richmond and played at Foster High School. He went to Tennessee State. He was with Kansas City in 2009 and was on Seattle's practice squad in 2010.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl...com+--+Houston+Texans+Football)#ixzz1UmzPRxRj

From all accounts Jason Allen has looked pretty good out there, but I just can't get over the possibility that Kareem might be another bust for us.
He'll could be mentioned with Travis Johnson, Amobi,  and Jason Babin.
30t6p3b.gif

Jason Babin
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
...decided to suck for every team until he got to the Titans.

I wouldn't want that to happen either though, we've had too many busts in our history. I had come across past draft choices we've
had, and it's just embarrassing at the guys we passed over for them. Benni Joppuru? Shante Orr? Stacey Mack? Vontez Duff?

Yo don't ever mention Joppru's name in this thread again, we passed on Witten for him.
30t6p3b.gif

Didn't we sign Stacey Mack from Jacksonville? We thought we was on our way then.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Tony Hollings. I remember being at the last game of 2007 (Texans vs Jags) saying to myself "Man, the Texans should
just start Wali Lundy, he's lookin good in this game". Dude evaporated off the face of the earth.

We always hag with the Jags though so I knew that was an anomaly. Kinda wished Dom Davis would stayed healthy but they ran him into the ground.
laugh.gif

It was like Casserly didnt eem care.

Back
Top Bottom