:::2011-2012 Houston Texans Fans Thread:::

Texans fans', you know the deal, we've suffered too many disasterous losses, and have really lived in mediocrity as a franchise. We have too many
talented players to not have already moved up. We shouldn't be losing in the last 30 seconds of games and looking snake-biten, we should be on
the come-up right now, makin big moves.

Who do you want to see signed?

Who do you want cut/traded/released?

Who do you think should be stepping up to make an impact?

Who will be the next breakout player for the Texans?

What do you think the final 53 man roster is gonna look like?

This is for any Texans fans who really follow the Texans, and not just haters who never even seen them play.

Houston-Texans-2011-schedule.png

Houston-Texans-Quarterback-Matt-Schaub-Celebrates-After-Throwing-a-Touchdown-at-Reliant-Stadium-in-Houston.jpg
Andre-Johnson-Bills.jpg
arian-foster.jpg

Demeco-Ryans.png
brian-cushing-2010-1-5-18-45-31.jpg

JacobyJones.jpg
KevinWalter.jpg
AAGL159.jpg

Thank you for this thread.....

I personally wanted Nnamdi, but im hearing we got Joseph....

I think our D is almost to where we need it.....

We still have one of the top offenses in the League....

I feel this is our year..

LEGGOOOOO!

I like the moves we've made. Resign Leach and I'll be good.

Time to start getting some meaningful wins in the bank.

Yea I wanted Nnamdi too, but I do think we got a good deal with Joseph & Danieal Manning, with Manning helping us with both the
secondary and kick returns, cause we were non-existent as far as that last year. I heard Okoye and David Anderson may not be
coming back. Okoye is still super young, but he is underachieving so much it's not even funny, and this would be his 4th season,
and hasn't done much at all. I like Anderson, but he's pretty expendable, especially with Dorin Dickerson, Terrance Tolliver, and
Trindon Holliday all in the mix.

I agree Okoye is way too young...but i still see some potential in him....but if hes gone, its def not hurting us at all. Right now our Front 7 on D is good...we will be able to close games this year.....watch

I don't think Okoye is committed to football, after 4 years he's still too light and gets pushed around way too easy, age or not. I think it's best we part ways with him.

I think one of Tolliver/Maehl has a chance to make the team with Anderson maybe not returning too. Dickerson is intriguing also.

Just some roster updates:

Okoye signed with the Bears
David Anderson may be a Bronco
Orlovsky signed with the Colts
Matt Turk signed with the Jags
Zac Diles signed with the Rams

Texans Draft picks signed as of today:

Rashad Carmichael (DB)
Cheta Ozougwu (DE/LB)
Shiloh Keo (DB)
Derek Newton (OT)

Hate to see Anderson go, but he was expendeble, and it'll be great to see who steps up out of Holliday, Dickerson, Maehl, and Tolliver.
It's basically 3 guys fighting for 4 spots.

Also, the DB situation is gonna be interesting, based on the final roster and who ends up on the practice squad. Just me personally,
I think the final roster of DBs should look something like this:

LCB - Jason Allen & Brandon Harris / RCB - Jonathan Joseph & Roc Carmichael
Nickel Back(s) - Kareem Jackson
SS - Danieal Manning & Shiloh Keo / FS - Glover Quin & Troy Nolan

Some on the bubble guys:
Dominique Barber, Antwaun Molden, Brice McCain, & Sherrick McMannis

Some question marks:
Quintin Demps

Didn't even know this thread existed.
pimp.gif

Anyway the defense still needs some depth on the front 7, Ty Warren would be a nice addition if he could be had for the veteran's min.

McClain_on_NFL John McClain
Texans agreed with OLB Brooks Reed (2nd round), CB Brandon Harris (2)and QB T.J. Yates (5th). Only DE J.J. Watt (first) remains unsigned

Yea I figured there wasn't a Texans thread on here, and I know we got fans out there, so it's all good.

Ty Warren would definitely be a good fit, plus Bryan ain't really that far from Houston. I'm waiting on some
of the new guys to just get it goin though, so we'ill see what happens.

As far as the DBs though, I wish people didn't use Bernard Pollard as a scapegoat, as if he was the sole reason
the secondary sucked. Pollard brought that hard hitting style and attitude that the Texans have lacked almost
their entire existence. You need some wild unpredictable guys on the team, which is why I don't mind Antonio
Smith and his personal fouls.

The whole secondary was at fault for what happened last season but the d-line didn't do it's job either. You can't consistently leave a group of young db's on an island.
 Mario, Cush, and the rest of them need to come through and provide some sort of pressure this year.

@NickScurfield
Andre Johnson said he talks to FB Vonta Leach every day and his gut feeling is that Leach will be back with the Texans

^^^^NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Damb, so that means either Casey gets all the FB duty, or we're looking for another one.
I heard Lawerence Vickers from the Browns is a FA, and if he got Peyton Hillis to the Madden Cover, that means he's
legit. Lets see what the Texans gameplan is...

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Also, the DB situation is gonna be interesting, based on the final roster and who ends up on the practice squad. Just me personally,

LCB - Danieal Manning & Brandon Harris / RCB - Jonathan Joseph & Roc Carmichael
SS - Shiloh Keo / FS - Glover Quin & Troy Nolan

Jason Allen to me is a legit starter also, so he really should take Kareem's spot

Some on the bubble guys:

Some question marks:
Quintin Demps
Danieal Manning wont be playin corner though he found his home at ss in his years in the chi
id be surprised if they dont start KJ opposite JJ

maybe in nickle they bump KJ down and have allen and JJ on the outside

brice reminds me too much of reeves and barber is sp teamer so i think he'd stay

anybody else hittin up any training camps?

thank based god for this thread. was wondering when one would pop up. it just feels like this is the first time the texans have been so active in free agency looking for big names. in years past i never would have expected them to be in the running for an elite player like nnamdi. i think the move to sign jon joseph came from being scared of pursuing nnamdi and in the meantime losing out on all the other corners but i like the move nonetheless. and then going out and getting danieal manning made me proud too.

i read on twitter that ty warren is in denver today and he's coming to talk with the texans tomorrow.

i feel optimistic but if the texans have taught me anything, it's been to not be optimistic

Originally Posted by dline59

Originally Posted by Peep Game

LCB - Danieal Manning & Brandon Harris / RCB - Jonathan Joseph & Roc Carmichael
SS - Shiloh Keo / FS - Glover Quin & Troy Nolan

Jason Allen to me is a legit starter also, so he really should take Kareem's spot

Some on the bubble guys:

Some question marks:
Quintin Demps
Danieal Manning wont be playin corner though he found his home at ss in his years in the chi
id be surprised if they dont start KJ opposite JJ

maybe in nickle they bump KJ down and have allen and JJ on the outside

brice reminds me too much of reeves and barber is sp teamer so i think he'd stay

anybody else hittin up any training camps?

I'll have to fix that, they been talkin about JJ & Manning so much, I forgot Manning is a safety instead of a corner. So yea, I'd rather have
Allen & JJ holding down the corner spots. Man, I HATED Reeves, but based on how Kareem played, he honestly would have been good
to have then. I'f I can figure out a way to get some tickets, I'm definitely gonna try to hit a camp or two up.

Originally Posted by do work son

thank based god for this thread. was wondering when one would pop up. it just feels like this is the first time the texans have been so active in free agency looking for big names. in years past i never would have expected them to be in the running for an elite player like nnamdi. i think the move to sign jon joseph came from being scared of pursuing nnamdi and in the meantime losing out on all the other corners but i like the move nonetheless. and then going out and getting danieal manning made me proud too.

i read on twitter that ty warren is in denver today and he's coming to talk with the texans tomorrow.

i feel optimistic but if the texans have taught me anything, it's been to not be optimistic

No prob man, I feel the same way. Joseph & Manning are good moves, and I heard that the really did want Nnamdi, but got sick of basically pulling strings and stuff, so they grabbed Joseph
before he was off the market. People kept mentioning Gerald Sensabaugh from the Cowboys, but other than the 5 interceptions he got, he was beaten badly as much as Kareem Jackson,
except Sensabaugh has been gettin his door blown off like that for 2 years instead of just one.

i really feel like this year will be different. completely new defensive scheme and wade has a very good track record as a defensive coach. no real issues on offense but it did bother me how sometimes they would go multiple possessions doing nothing, and then explode. more consistency would be appreciated. if we were even ranked dead in the middle of the NFL in defense last year then we're a playoff team

I feel the same thing too man, and it did make me sick how the offense would stall at the worst possible times. That's why I'm glad everybody's healthy,
and I'm anticipating other receivers stepping up. The offense should immediately be able to explode with Schaub & Andre, Foster, Ward & a healthly Slaton
relieving Foster, a really good TE corps led by a healthy Daniels. I do hope that either James Casey, or some free agent (maybe Lawerence Vickers who
blocked for Peyton Hillis) replace Vonta Leach with ease.

Originally Posted by Statis22

I hate our safeties.

you serious?  What we have now is WAY better than what we had last year.
I'm excited to see the new guys play.  Can't wait for the first preseason game.  I think we'll see the starters a lot more, maybe a quarter or two because of the lockout.

oh btw, can someone make a Houston Texans sig?  We gotta represent!

andre johnson taken off the field at practice today with what seems to be a hand injury but nothing confirmed 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

^ I pray thats not true.....we need an intact offense to start the season

Didnt know we had a thread
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

i really wanted Nnamdi but it happens
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i like the way the team has been active in free agency.

Joesph im not sold on, anyone has any info on the dude?

Ty Warren would be a great addition to the team, help sure up that line a little bit.

Hopefully Ryans can come back 100% and Cush gets back to his old self

I fee like we can have a top 5/10 Offense, if our defense can at least make stops when we need it we can make a DEEP playoff run.

Back
Top Bottom