2011 another great year for college football

I don't think Alabama will drop far enough in the BCS for us to make any significant movement. Just as last year, pieces must fall together. We got the W, but South Carolina was not good. I'm just glad Tyler Wilson wasnt looking right only.

Jarret Lee
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

Alabama has Zero explosive players on the perimeter.

Nick Saban needs to stop playing around and put Blake Sims at WR. why have him at 3rd string QB ??
Dude is the best athlete on that team and he's doing NOTHING to help the team get Ws.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Come on Okie State! I think they could make it a little interesting vs. LSU. They've got a decent running game so it's not like they'd just sling it all day. I wish they had some more speed at WR. They got Blackmon + a bunch of slot and possession receivers to compliment him and LSU's speed will eat that up. Defense isn't great but they do lead the country in interceptions. 

As for LSU's defensive speed. The right play calling will eat that up. I mean its not like Hawaii's offense of years prior. Future vs future here.
Guess you missed UF/OU in 2008 and Bama/Texas in 2009 or AU/ORE last year, offenses that had been putting up other worldly numbers reduced to 14, 21, and 19 points respectively. Defensive line play is the difference when these other teams match up with these powerhouses. I don't think OKST/LSU will be any different not taking into account that LSU's secondary is by far better as a whole than any of the SEC champs that has won the last 5 years.

One last thing on the potential rematch, a lot of people were saying that it was offensive ineptitude last night and truthfully that was a factor, but Bama's special teams cost them this game. These teams can score, just not against each other. 39 points a game before last night for the both of them, who else in the country has a defense even in the same stratosphere as those two? And before you say look at the competition, Arkansas is one of the most explosive Os in the country.

Idk. Im just not really impressed with bama. Their defense is really good but they blow coverages just like anyone else. Same thing with lsu for that matter. It took them awhile before anyone even accounted for richardson coming out of the backfield on a pass play. But outside or richardson, they have no one on offense that can make a play. No explosive players or threat.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I fully support an ALA-LSU rematch, provided both teams win out. I'm tired of these 50-49 shoot outs. No other team deserves it of would stand a chance.
I'm with you.

Said after about 5 weeks into the season, those 2 teams are head & shoulders above the rest, still stand by that. Didn't believe in OU, they proved me right. OK St. giving up 45 points to K St., don't believe in them neither. Stanford will fall this week to Oregon. Boise simply doesn't play anyone good enough to convince me they're legit.

It's a shame LSU & 'Bama had to play 1 of each other out of the Nat'l Championship picture, because IMO, they're 1A. & 1B.

OAN, where does Trent Richardson's heisman hopes stand now? I feel like with no other overwhelming candidate this year, they're just gonna give it to Luck.
eyes.gif

I do not want to see a rematch. Bama had their opportunity. at home. and lost. their special teams played like garbage and not worthy of a a rematch.

If Geno Smith and WVA, without a Big time WR, can put up 400+ yards on LSU, I definitely wanna see what Brandon Wheeden, Justin Blackmon and Joseph randle can do vs them

I guess Im the only one that dont think LSU makes it to the Nat'l Title game...
ohwell.gif

artist rendering of Baylors proposed new on-campus stadium;

baylorstadium.jpg

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

If Geno Smith and WVA, without a Big time WR, can put up 400+ yards on LSU, I definitely wanna see what Brandon Wheeden, Justin Blackmon and Joseph randle can do vs them

The problem is with a month to prepare, offensive schemes get broken down so much. Teams will be able to see your core principles, break them down and take them away. Any coach worth a +%!+ can slow down an offense with a month. It's why GT is a good regular season team but struggles in bowl games. Last year, those offenses were slowed way down, OU vs UF, etc.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Come on Okie State! I think they could make it a little interesting vs. LSU. They've got a decent running game so it's not like they'd just sling it all day. I wish they had some more speed at WR. They got Blackmon + a bunch of slot and possession receivers to compliment him and LSU's speed will eat that up. Defense isn't great but they do lead the country in interceptions. 

As for LSU's defensive speed. The right play calling will eat that up. I mean its not like Hawaii's offense of years prior. Future vs future here.
Guess you missed UF/OU in 2008 and Bama/Texas in 2009 or AU/ORE last year, offenses that had been putting up other worldly numbers reduced to 14, 21, and 19 points respectively. Defensive line play is the difference when these other teams match up with these powerhouses. I don't think OKST/LSU will be any different not taking into account that LSU's secondary is by far better as a whole than any of the SEC champs that has won the last 5 years.

One last thing on the potential rematch, a lot of people were saying that it was offensive ineptitude last night and truthfully that was a factor, but Bama's special teams cost them this game. These teams can score, just not against each other. 39 points a game before last night for the both of them, who else in the country has a defense even in the same stratosphere as those two? And before you say look at the competition, Arkansas is one of the most explosive Os in the country.
Yes defense is very important but LSU's defensive has it holes.

Right. Not saying LSU wouldn't shut them down but O-State has a very good crop of wideouts down there.

I'd rather see a new matchup then a rematch of last night.

Id rather see an oregon lsu rematch instead of a bama lsu rematch. Id rather see no rematch at all. Give me boise st vs lsu. Stanford vs. bama. And oregon vs. okie st just to see if one of them can break 100.

Let oklahoma take on wisco or someone, not interested in another big game for big game bob.

Its easy to discredit boise st but lsu has NOT faced a qb of Kellen's skill set. Ive watched boise st beat some pretty decent teams this past few years so until I see them get blown out they belong.

Damn bowl conf. Affiliation crap will not give us those games though. Can hardly wait to tune into the acc champ orange bowl (yawn)

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

and this is why you should of fired rick after the zona game

laugh.gif
He's going to win that division and be back next year.

Baylor stadium looks niceeee.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Oklahoma St is the only team I want to see play in the NCG against the SEC pending they beat Oklahoma.

Boise would get killed and doesnt deserve it anyway, & I think Oregon is gonna beat Stanford

All this talk about us playing somebody with a stellar qb wont change a thing in my opinion. You all seen our secondary.

Oregon has an explosive offense and we handled them. What makes anyone think OK State or Stanford will fair better against us? Then if Stanford loses to Oregon ppl will change their tune to sayin they want Oregon/LSU again? Neither Oklahoma teams cant stop anything.

You gotta really have defense to stop us from scoring points and the only team able to do that, we beat last night.

I'd rather see a rematch, cuz LSU and Bama truly are the best teams in my eyes. We still gotta get pass Arkansas and have the SEC championship game as well tho

Honestly we might deserve a rematch because it was a close game but the game was at home so why do we deserve a neutral field rematch. And it wouldn't feel right not being conference champ but being national champ. I just don't see it happening and I'd take us vs. Boise in the sugar bowl.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Bigmike23 said:
and this is why you should of fired rick after the zona game

laugh.gif
He's going to win that division and be back next year.

No way ucla wins the division, they would need to beat USC in order to do that and that is not gonna happen this year. All night I heard about ucla controlling their destiny, which I guess they do but no way do we lay down in that game, we gonna take our lil brothers to the woodshed.

imo the best team (besides Alabama) that poses the biggest challenge to LSU is Oklahoma. But they lost Broyles for the rest of the season so that would be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom