2011, Best Jordan retros year ever?

2001 is the best Jordan retro year ever due to quality, quantity and pricing
pimp.gif
. 2000 is a very close second. 2011 is also a good retro year, but nowhere close to 2001 or 2001.

2011 has been pretty good thus far and I think depending on how the rest of the releases, especially the DB IV's, BIN III's, Black Cements and Concords come out, it could be a top 5 retro year, assuming we are starting from '99.

The quality of the columbia blue 4s in 99 was awesome, shame my pair gone a bit yellow now
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Come on you serious?.... 2011 is a ****** or centimeter compared to the early 2000's.  

And just for emphasis so you can see how silly it is to say that 2011 is going to produce the best Jordan retros ever.  Oh yeah, and let's not forgot how gigantic the gap is between quality then, and now 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Holiday 2000 through all of 2001 best season ever!!!!  

Oct 2000 - Concord XI's

Nov 2000 - Olympic 6's

Dec 2000 - Space Jams XI's

Jan 2001 - Columbia XI's

Feb 2001 - Jordan XVI

Mar 2001 - Cool Grey XI's

Apr & May 2001 - XI's low tops

Jul 2001 - Black/Cement III's

Aug 2001 - White/Red XVI's, White/Navy 1's, Black/Red 1's, Navy 1's

Sept 2001 - Mocha 3's

Oct 2001 - Royal blue 1's & Grey 1's

Nov 2001 - True Blue 3's

December 2001 - Black/Red XI's
eek.gif

That's almost too much too quick
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by dtb00201

I keep seeing people say 06. What was so great about 06 besides the dmp and the grapes? Obviously those are big releases, but 06 wasn't close to this year, imo.

the fire red/mars IV's and the military IV's. The Fire red V's around christmas time. The VII's like the cardinals, chambry's, grey/white/purple, etc

the black/red/green spizikes

the white/red XIV's
Cool grey 3.

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by dtb00201

I keep seeing people say 06. What was so great about 06 besides the dmp and the grapes? Obviously those are big releases, but 06 wasn't close to this year, imo.

the fire red/mars IV's and the military IV's. The Fire red V's around christmas time. The VII's like the cardinals, chambry's, grey/white/purple, etc

the black/red/green spizikes

the white/red XIV's
Cool grey 3.
imo those don't even approach the releases in 00-01. not to mention the quality...military IVs?
sick.gif
 I crap better quality...

Originally Posted by irishbaz

The quality of the columbia blue 4s in 99 was awesome, shame my pair gone a bit yellow now
smile.gif

Agreed........But I still wear both pairs regardless. Don't think I could ever part with them....

LOL @ people saying that they cost less in 2001...well EVERYTHING was cheaper 10 years ago

White/Cement III was my favorite release of the year. I wore them 3x this week. In the rain to a Sox game, out drinking 2x. Still look crispy besides the factory crease they came with.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

White/Cement III was my favorite release of the year. I wore them 3x this week. In the rain to a Sox game, out drinking 2x. Still look crispy besides the factory crease they came with.

I've worn those and the Playoff 13s the most this year....they go with damn near everything.

Originally Posted by Ferris352

NOTHING compares to 2001.
eyes.gif

I get SSOOOO tired of readin this on NT.... who was even REALLY DOIN THIS in 2001 that still posts here regularly????

I was jammin outta high school in 2001 senior year it WAS the truth dont get me wrong; but that time is in the vault life goes on get with the times

2011 was probably AS GOOD in my opinion I was there for all the 2001 drops, XIs ($137.50 wit tax), 1s wit Nike Air (92.60 wit tax) 3s (like 112 and change wit tax) yeah I did all that bacc then it was a great time to be fresh outta high school wit a Jordan habit.... as a full-grown man in 2011 I get to enjoy it a little more.... I dont care what year is the best so long as I acquire what it is I want in said year....

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Come on you serious?.... 2011 is a ****** or centimeter compared to the early 2000's.  

And just for emphasis so you can see how silly it is to say that 2011 is going to produce the best Jordan retros ever.  Oh yeah, and let's not forgot how gigantic the gap is between quality then, and now 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Holiday 2000 through all of 2001 best season ever!!!!  

Oct 2000 - Concord XI's

Nov 2000 - Olympic 6's

Dec 2000 - Space Jams XI's

Jan 2001 - Columbia XI's

Feb 2001 - Jordan XVI

Mar 2001 - Cool Grey XI's

Apr & May 2001 - XI's low tops

Jul 2001 - Black/Cement III's

Aug 2001 - White/Red XVI's, White/Navy 1's, Black/Red 1's, Navy 1's

Sept 2001 - Mocha 3's

Oct 2001 - Royal blue 1's & Grey 1's

Nov 2001 - True Blue 3's

December 2001 - Black/Red XI's
Damn, you right.  That's a hell of a year.  

this is a great year. If quality was better one might say it is one of the best. variety is better sometimes, some may not like the XI.

Originally Posted by seth320

No way 2000 was the best!!

Fire Red 5's, Metallic 5's, Laney 5's, White/Metallic 5's, Infrared 6's, Olympic 6's, Concords and Spacejams.   
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I guess it really depends what your preferences are, and what sig you most like. 

Don't forget to add the Banned 1's in this years release. That's just another sneaker story lol

Back
Top Bottom