2011, Best Jordan retros year ever?

Jordan III - White/Cement, True Blue, and Black/Cement 
pimp.gif

Jordan V - Black/Metallic and Wolf Grey was a great color-way

Jordan VII - Bordeaux and Cardinal

Jordan XI - Concord

Jordan XIII - All-Star

Jordan XIV - Black/Red
This is so far a great year of top favorites! Who else think this is the best year for retros?

I have to admit it's a GOOD year, but idk about the best lol. lets just hope next year can top this year :tongue:

I must agree, it has been an unreal 12-18months that will continue into 2012 with IV's and XII's getting a proper run of retros.

I have bought some many pairs of retro jordans the past 12 months its ridiculous !

out of all the retro's that i have picked up, my favourite i would dare say are my Flint XIII's. 
pimp.gif

setting myself up for a retirement from the hobby of collecting Jordans and start rocking the $%#% out of them so i can have an excuse to buy new ones the "next" time they retro.

With some of the heat rumored to come out next year I wouldn't be so quick to call 2011 the best year just yet.

on paper maybe, but then take a good look at the actual shoes that released
and how they compare to past releases

if the og colorway AJ4's drop all in one year (2012) - on paper it might look like it was
just as good a year for the 4 as 1989...

It has been a good 18 month or so run as someone said.

2012 is gonna be good

IV : white cement, black cement, fire red, military
X: Chicago
XI: Columbia
XII: Playoff, obsidian, Taxi

Originally Posted by bence23

It has been a good 18 month or so run as someone said.

2012 is gonna be good

IV : white cement, black cement, fire red, military
X: Chicago
XI: Columbia
XII: Playoff, obsidian, Taxi
And thats not even all of it as I heard the 17s might be coming back so if they start retroing 16-17 plus everything else then BEST YEAR EVER   imo

2012 looks to be GREAT

Yeah for me it is

Since it's the first time I REALLY started coppin Js

Lmaooooo

It has been a great year for jb and they still have surprises in store patiently waiting the db IV.

Originally Posted by beh235

Y'all must be new 
laugh.gif
. Check '00-'01. Waaaay better than now.
first thing I thought when I read the title...no, especially when you look at the quality of the product.

Come on you serious?.... 2011 is a ****** or centimeter compared to the early 2000's.  

And just for emphasis so you can see how silly it is to say that 2011 is going to produce the best Jordan retros ever.  Oh yeah, and let's not forgot how gigantic the gap is between quality then, and now 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Holiday 2000 through all of 2001 best season ever!!!!  

Oct 2000 - Concord XI's

Nov 2000 - Olympic 6's

Dec 2000 - Space Jams XI's

Jan 2001 - Columbia XI's

Feb 2001 - Jordan XVI

Mar 2001 - Cool Grey XI's

Apr & May 2001 - XI's low tops

Jul 2001 - Black/Cement III's

Aug 2001 - White/Red XVI's, White/Navy 1's, Black/Red 1's, Navy 1's

Sept 2001 - Mocha 3's

Oct 2001 - Royal blue 1's & Grey 1's

Nov 2001 - True Blue 3's

December 2001 - Black/Red XI's

I keep seeing people say 06. What was so great about 06 besides the dmp and the grapes? Obviously those are big releases, but 06 wasn't close to this year, imo.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Come on you serious?.... 2011 is a ****** or centimeter compared to the early 2000's.  

And just for emphasis so you can see how silly it is to say that 2011 is going to produce the best Jordan retros ever.  Oh yeah, and let's not forgot how gigantic the gap is between quality then, and now 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Holiday 2000 through all of 2001 best season ever!!!!  

Oct 2000 - Concord XI's

Nov 2000 - Olympic 6's

Dec 2000 - Space Jams XI's

Jan 2001 - Columbia XI's

Feb 2001 - Jordan XVI

Mar 2001 - Cool Grey XI's

Apr & May 2001 - XI's low tops

Jul 2001 - Black/Cement III's

Aug 2001 - White/Red XVI's, White/Navy 1's, Black/Red 1's, Navy 1's

Sept 2001 - Mocha 3's

Oct 2001 - Royal blue 1's & Grey 1's

Nov 2001 - True Blue 3's

December 2001 - Black/Red XI's
I see most people are considering the 4th quarter of the year to the following year as one...I used to remember a year started from January to December...btw the list you put is great for a XI fan...
"In one year", 2011's a great year for Jordan retros as it shows a lot of diversity...I (White/Wolf Grey, White/Obsidian, White/University Blue, White/Pine Green, White/Midnight, White/Red, White/Maize, White/Royal), III (True Blue, White/Cement, Black/Cement, BHM, Stealth), IV (Doernbecher), V (Bin 23, Quai54, Tokyo, Wolf Grey, Metallic, Obsidian), VII (Orion, Cardinal, Bordeaux, YOTR) XI (Concord, Black/Red I.E., White/Black I.E.),  XII (Low-Top Black/Red), XIII (All-Star, Ray Allen), XIV (Black/Red, Midnight).

Originally Posted by dtb00201

I keep seeing people say 06. What was so great about 06 besides the dmp and the grapes? Obviously those are big releases, but 06 wasn't close to this year, imo.

the fire red/mars IV's and the military IV's. The Fire red V's around christmas time. The VII's like the cardinals, chambry's, grey/white/purple, etc

the black/red/green spizikes

the white/red XIV's

IMO the year 2000 was the best retro year,,,why?
because we had 4x AJ 5 retros (white/black-firereds, black-metallic silvers, white-metallicsilvers, Laneys)
3x AJ 6 retros (black/deep infareds, white/midnight navys, Olympics)
2x AJ 11 retros (white/black-dark concords, Spacejams)
and all with the Nike logos like on the OGs!
The only bad was the paintchipping on the AJ 6 white/midnight navys.

Back
Top Bottom