2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Between UofA and ASU, damn near an entire starting lineup on one side of the ball is out for the season.

At least our players might come back for the part of the schedule where we don't play a top 10 team every week. Stoops needs it almost as much as he needs the Big XII to stay together.

Nick Foles = Blaine Gabbert of last year

What you mean by that?

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Between UofA and ASU, damn near an entire starting lineup on one side of the ball is out for the season.

At least our players might come back for the part of the schedule where we don't play a top 10 team every week. Stoops needs it almost as much as he needs the Big XII to stay together.

Nick Foles = Blaine Gabbert of last year

What you mean by that?

Christian Jones
pimp.gif

Top 15 in the 2013 NFL draft

Originally Posted by i am toddzo

Texas wants no part of the SEC.
I read this with an undertone of fear on the part of Texas so forgive me if I misconstrued your intent. Texas does not desire inclusion in the SEC because the SEC, though they play phenomenal football, pretty much neglects their academics. Texas is as much an academic institution as it is a football haven. I don't mean to disrespect the alums of the schools so forgive me, but the SEC's academics are nowhere near their football prowess. Texas is a two-headed monster in that regard, and that is why we have such significant bargaining leverage. Not only do we bring a nationwide fanbase, but we also increase the academic integrity of a conference instantaneously. And I'm not saying this to gloat. I know there are enough obnoxious Texas fans out there so theres no need for me to contribute.

Originally Posted by i am toddzo

Texas wants no part of the SEC.
I read this with an undertone of fear on the part of Texas so forgive me if I misconstrued your intent. Texas does not desire inclusion in the SEC because the SEC, though they play phenomenal football, pretty much neglects their academics. Texas is as much an academic institution as it is a football haven. I don't mean to disrespect the alums of the schools so forgive me, but the SEC's academics are nowhere near their football prowess. Texas is a two-headed monster in that regard, and that is why we have such significant bargaining leverage. Not only do we bring a nationwide fanbase, but we also increase the academic integrity of a conference instantaneously. And I'm not saying this to gloat. I know there are enough obnoxious Texas fans out there so theres no need for me to contribute.

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

Really though, the difference in the Big 12 and the SEC from an academics point isn't even that serious. Using the U.S. News and World Report 2011 rankings, both conferences have five schools in the top 100, with the SEC having stronger rankings from those five schools. The SEC's bottom three are very comparable to the Big 12's bottom three. I'll put the rest in a spoiler because I don't want to clog this thread with academics talk.

Spoiler [+]
Big 12:
  • Texas - #45
  • Texas A&M - #58
  • Baylor - #75
  • Missouri - #90
  • Iowa State - #97
  • Kansas - #101
  • Oklahoma - #101
  • Oklahoma State - #132
  • Kansas State - #143
  • Texas Tech - #160
SEC:
  • Vanderbilt - #17
  • Florida - #58
  • Georgia - #62
  • Alabama - #75
  • Auburn - #82
  • Tennessee - #101
  • South Carolina - #111
  • Kentucky - #124
  • Louisiana State - #128
  • Arkansas - #132
  • Mississippi - #143
  • Mississippi State - #157
Big 12 Avg. = 100.2          Big 12 Avg. w/o TAMU = 104.9
SEC Avg. = 99.17             SEC Avg. w/TAMU = 96

Those averages are kind of flawed because of a couple of outliers (Vanderbilt, Texas Tech, Mississippi State). The averages with those taken out turn slightly in favor of the Big 12, but it's still not very much of a difference. We'll take Texas A&M (since we're already leaving) and Texas Tech out of the Big 12 rankings, and Vanderbilt and Mississippi State out of the SEC rankings...

Big 12 Avg. = 98
SEC Avg. = 101.6

According to the rankings, The ACC and Big Ten are by far the top academic conferences. (If academics play as big of a part for Texas as you say, maybe that's why we've heard those rumors about Texas wanting to go to the Big Ten last year, and the ACC this year.)

The Pac-12 would be a distant third behind the ACC and the Big Ten, but ahead of the Big 12, SEC, and Big East. The Big East (for football only schools) is maybe the worst, with the SEC and Big 12 being virtually interchangeable.

I know there is usually quite a bit of controversy in regards to the U.S. News rankings, but it's really the best of the resources we have to go by. If you want to look at AAU membership, the Big 12 would have four members compared to the SEC's three (if you include TAMU in the SEC's tally). While the SEC isn't an ideal conference from an academics standpoint, it's really not all that different from staying in the Big 12.

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

Really though, the difference in the Big 12 and the SEC from an academics point isn't even that serious. Using the U.S. News and World Report 2011 rankings, both conferences have five schools in the top 100, with the SEC having stronger rankings from those five schools. The SEC's bottom three are very comparable to the Big 12's bottom three. I'll put the rest in a spoiler because I don't want to clog this thread with academics talk.

Spoiler [+]
Big 12:
  • Texas - #45
  • Texas A&M - #58
  • Baylor - #75
  • Missouri - #90
  • Iowa State - #97
  • Kansas - #101
  • Oklahoma - #101
  • Oklahoma State - #132
  • Kansas State - #143
  • Texas Tech - #160
SEC:
  • Vanderbilt - #17
  • Florida - #58
  • Georgia - #62
  • Alabama - #75
  • Auburn - #82
  • Tennessee - #101
  • South Carolina - #111
  • Kentucky - #124
  • Louisiana State - #128
  • Arkansas - #132
  • Mississippi - #143
  • Mississippi State - #157
Big 12 Avg. = 100.2          Big 12 Avg. w/o TAMU = 104.9
SEC Avg. = 99.17             SEC Avg. w/TAMU = 96

Those averages are kind of flawed because of a couple of outliers (Vanderbilt, Texas Tech, Mississippi State). The averages with those taken out turn slightly in favor of the Big 12, but it's still not very much of a difference. We'll take Texas A&M (since we're already leaving) and Texas Tech out of the Big 12 rankings, and Vanderbilt and Mississippi State out of the SEC rankings...

Big 12 Avg. = 98
SEC Avg. = 101.6

According to the rankings, The ACC and Big Ten are by far the top academic conferences. (If academics play as big of a part for Texas as you say, maybe that's why we've heard those rumors about Texas wanting to go to the Big Ten last year, and the ACC this year.)

The Pac-12 would be a distant third behind the ACC and the Big Ten, but ahead of the Big 12, SEC, and Big East. The Big East (for football only schools) is maybe the worst, with the SEC and Big 12 being virtually interchangeable.

I know there is usually quite a bit of controversy in regards to the U.S. News rankings, but it's really the best of the resources we have to go by. If you want to look at AAU membership, the Big 12 would have four members compared to the SEC's three (if you include TAMU in the SEC's tally). While the SEC isn't an ideal conference from an academics standpoint, it's really not all that different from staying in the Big 12.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Looks like BYU will join the Big 12 to get them to 10. Now we just have to wait and see if they'll go to 12. If so, I hope UL and Cincy are the first two. The BE teams met yesterday and there were rumors that UCONN didn't even show up
laugh.gif

where do you keep getting BYU to the Big12 from?

and will BYU make more money joining the big12 then they do now as a indy?

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Looks like BYU will join the Big 12 to get them to 10. Now we just have to wait and see if they'll go to 12. If so, I hope UL and Cincy are the first two. The BE teams met yesterday and there were rumors that UCONN didn't even show up
laugh.gif

where do you keep getting BYU to the Big12 from?

and will BYU make more money joining the big12 then they do now as a indy?

The BYU to big XII has been discussed.Just Like navy and air force have been seriously brought up by the big east to replace cuse and Pitt

The BYU to big XII has been discussed.Just Like navy and air force have been seriously brought up by the big east to replace cuse and Pitt

Back
Top Bottom