2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Zab went the Kermit Cintron route
30t6p3b.gif

Amir Khan looking like the cream of the crop at 140
nerd.gif

If I knew zab was a +350 underdog I would've never watched the fight
laugh.gif
!#$+ was pathetic but he got a check
30t6p3b.gif

If I knew zab was a +350 underdog I would've never watched the fight
laugh.gif
!#$+ was pathetic but he got a check
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

I hate the brits...

Ugh.

And for the record...I don't give a F... what Khan says about that Maidana fight. THAT FIGHT SHOULD'VE BEEN STOPPED IN THE 10TH...
Amir_Khan_1476188c.jpg

*%#*
laugh.gif

Khan looked sharp
pimp.gif

I hate the brits...

Ugh.

And for the record...I don't give a F... what Khan says about that Maidana fight. THAT FIGHT SHOULD'VE BEEN STOPPED IN THE 10TH...
Amir_Khan_1476188c.jpg

*%#*
laugh.gif

Khan looked sharp
pimp.gif

Smed, He really did.

Khan is the best 140 lber.

I just wanna see what Khan does when he gets cracked

I wonder if Kendall Holt has one last run of 2-3 good fights in him.

Smed, He really did.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

No? Watch that fight...when you don't throw a punch for a min and a half while continuously getting rocked, fights get stopped...

Well, maybe if you weren't backed by Golden Boy. 

I have basically every fight from 09 on on my current DVR and watch them whenever I'm bored. You must have not watched Ward Gatti, duran vs davey moore, among many welterweight fights from the 80s. Not to mention Khan was winning the fight, for the ref to stop the fight just because he got dazed would of been complete chaos in the boxing world. One of the only good no calls Cortez made as a ref

Nah man, he was getting pounded and not throwing any punches back.  That's where the ref needs to step in and be a ref.  He had him in the corner for a good 20 seconds hitting him with overhand rights and uppercuts and Khan didn't even attempt to throw back.  Khan was picking him apart for the most part but still, you're the ref I think you need to stop it there.  The entire 10th was Maidana hitting him and Khan not throwing back.

Anyway, disappointing fight I just got home in time
laugh.gif
I KNEW Mike would be in here early with the
laugh.gif
's.  All that said, impressive showing by Khan.  I don't want to see him fight Bradley, let him keep running and trying to get Manny in the ring.  Let's see Khan at 147, that should be very interesting he can make some good fights there.  His height and his training, he could do work at 154.

No? Watch that fight...when you don't throw a punch for a min and a half while continuously getting rocked, fights get stopped...

I have basically every fight from 09 on on my current DVR and watch them whenever I'm bored. You must have not watched Ward Gatti, duran vs davey moore, among many welterweight fights from the 80s. Not to mention Khan was winning the fight, for the ref to stop the fight just because he got dazed would of been complete chaos in the boxing world. One of the only good no calls Cortez made as a ref

Nah man, he was getting pounded and not throwing any punches back.  That's where the ref needs to step in and be a ref.  He had him in the corner for a good 20 seconds hitting him with overhand rights and uppercuts and Khan didn't even attempt to throw back.  Khan was picking him apart for the most part but still, you're the ref I think you need to stop it there.  The entire 10th was Maidana hitting him and Khan not throwing back.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
's.  All that said, impressive showing by Khan.  I don't want to see him fight Bradley, let him keep running and trying to get Manny in the ring.  Let's see Khan at 147, that should be very interesting he can make some good fights there.  His height and his training, he could do work at 154.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Smed, He really did.

Maidana aint hit him hard enough for your liking??
laugh.gif

Nah to be honest, every time he fights im kind of waiting for him to get knocked out but he keeps beating guys
laugh.gif

I might even start entertaining this whole Khan vs Mayweather thing soon
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Smed, He really did.

Maidana aint hit him hard enough for your liking??
laugh.gif

Nah to be honest, every time he fights im kind of waiting for him to get knocked out but he keeps beating guys
laugh.gif

I might even start entertaining this whole Khan vs Mayweather thing soon
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
he shut down when he got hit vs maidana probably had a small bowl movement too

I still cant get the vision of him using the bottom turnbuckle as a pillow vs prescott.

but he been puttin in work, cant deny him that.

laugh.gif
he shut down when he got hit vs maidana probably had a small bowl movement too

I still cant get the vision of him using the bottom turnbuckle as a pillow vs prescott.

but he been puttin in work, cant deny him that.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My man, Khan was WINNING the fight at that point, didn't go down the whole fight, no cuts, swelling, etc. He got rocked, yes, he was also weaving some of those overhands with his hands down, so in essence he was still defending himself. People forget how brutal of a sport boxing used to be, what Khan went thru compared to the past were what was SUPPOSED to happen in boxing, I'm tight I don't have the recording of the fight in my DVR anymore, don't know what happened to it. But if I was Khan and the ref stopped the fight I would of been livid. Anyway, I'm not here to argue, I'm happy that the fight wasn't stopped.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My man, Khan was WINNING the fight at that point, didn't go down the whole fight, no cuts, swelling, etc. He got rocked, yes, he was also weaving some of those overhands with his hands down, so in essence he was still defending himself. People forget how brutal of a sport boxing used to be, what Khan went thru compared to the past were what was SUPPOSED to happen in boxing, I'm tight I don't have the recording of the fight in my DVR anymore, don't know what happened to it. But if I was Khan and the ref stopped the fight I would of been livid. Anyway, I'm not here to argue, I'm happy that the fight wasn't stopped.

Morningstar.

Watch the 10th round of the Maidana-Khan fight.

Tell me if it weren't for Cortez, Maidana would've had a TKO that night.

Morningstar.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It doesn't matter at all if he was winning the fight.  We all saw Librado Andrade get boxed around for 11.5 rounds and he was robbed of a KO in the last 10 seconds of the fight.  He wasn't weaving at all man, it was more Maidana being wild with his punches going for the KO.  It has nothing to do with how brutal of a sport it used to be, it still is a brutal sport.  Yea, that is what's supposed to happen in boxing.  But an entire two out of three minutes in a round getting hit and not throwing any punches back and at one point being in the corner badly wobbled and not defending yourself.  It's right on YT bro, you can see it there they ave the entire fight in one video.  That's the refs job, to take care of the fighters in the ring and Khan didn't throw a punch after getting hit by the first right hand.  Khan was falling down grasping Marcos' waist for dear life in that tenth round.  Cortez is the worst ref in the sport, that fight just adds to his boneheaded past.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It doesn't matter at all if he was winning the fight.  We all saw Librado Andrade get boxed around for 11.5 rounds and he was robbed of a KO in the last 10 seconds of the fight.  He wasn't weaving at all man, it was more Maidana being wild with his punches going for the KO.  It has nothing to do with how brutal of a sport it used to be, it still is a brutal sport.  Yea, that is what's supposed to happen in boxing.  But an entire two out of three minutes in a round getting hit and not throwing any punches back and at one point being in the corner badly wobbled and not defending yourself.  It's right on YT bro, you can see it there they ave the entire fight in one video.  That's the refs job, to take care of the fighters in the ring and Khan didn't throw a punch after getting hit by the first right hand.  Khan was falling down grasping Marcos' waist for dear life in that tenth round.  Cortez is the worst ref in the sport, that fight just adds to his boneheaded past.

Originally Posted by thacapt

Morningstar.

I don't know that, you don't know that, no one does, because that didn't happen. I can't watch the fight on my TV no more, maybe I can find it online. Yes Proshares Cortez is a terrible ref, I guess as a boxing fan, I am fighting for anyone that's marketable to win fights to keep boxing alive. I actually wasn't a big fan of Khan watching that Maidana fight, I liked his agressive-ness but I thought he threw alot of arm punches with little power.

Back
Top Bottom