2012/2013 Mustang GT

What you want is the mustang. Just get the v6 with options if you have to be cheap or go all out. When I was in high school I wasn't getting paid barely enough to get a used car but yea your spoiled or atleast by what you wrote that's what I get.

Originally Posted by Kiiing

Sticker gas mileage is never true. Mustangs guzzle gas even the V6. When you have a fast car .. you tend to speed. If not, cops still pull you over even if you're only going 10 over the speed limit(in NY). All this can be easily avoided simply by purchasing the new Prius .. heard it gets over 45MPG! If you do end up buying a mustang I suggest you don't buy brand new. These cars lose value like crazy. You can probably find one from a year earlier for -8K with less then 15k miles, but then* again .. the heart wants what the heart wants.
laugh.gif

ummm what? if your going over the speed limit especially 10 over of course they are gonna pull you over.

Originally Posted by RFX45

As most said already, being concern about mpg and then considering a Mustang (and a GT at that) doesn't make much sense. It's like wanting to go fast but wanting a Prius.

New or old cars doesn't matter to cops, if you do something stupid, they'll pull you over no matter what you're driving. A red car being more noticeable by cops and getting more tickets is a myth as well.

Difference between V6 & V8 is a huge power leap, it just much faster and sounds better.

Most stock sound systems suck so if you want a good one, you have to go aftermarket. Unless of course you get an Audi with the Bang & Olufsen option then that system will be plenty good.
The bang & olufsen in the audi's is terrible. 
It's all midrange 
sick.gif

The new V-6 is pretty much the same power as the old V-8. If you have any sort of long daily commute you might as well get the V-6. Still great performance for the money.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Your not spoiled and your parents are going to buy you a new mustang? Ok
laugh.gif

so if your parents have the funds to buy you nice things it automatically makes you spoiled ?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Your not spoiled and your parents are going to buy you a new mustang? Ok
laugh.gif

so if your parents have the funds to buy you nice things it automatically makes you spoiled ?
roll.gif
Yeah, he's SPOILED

Originally Posted by Franco23x

I'm a senior in high school and I am almost certain that I am getting a new car for graduation... Right now I'm driving a Sante Fe.
I would like to say I am not spoiled but I need a new car because the Sante Fe eats/drinks/snorts gas. My parents make good money and will let me get one.

If anyone has 2012/2013 or any mustang for that case I have a few questions.

1- How does it drive? Does it drive like previous mustangs?

2- Difference between V6 and V8 engine

3- Does it get as good of gas mileage as Ford claim they do

4- How good is the sound system

5-Are you more noticeable if your in the car, will cops pull you over more often for speeding? 
Hi. 09 Mustang GT owner here.
1. If you're looking for a smooth ride, look somewhere else. Do not mistake this car for anything other than American Muscle. The ride isn't rough, but it's no Cadillac. Of course, that depends on how you drive it. You'll think twice about hitting those speed bumps over 15mph. I will say that my father owned a '97 Mustang, and it drove like garbage compared to the 2005+ models. Completely different ride— in a good way.

2. Roughly 80RWHP in the 2012+ models. The GT is a 5.0L with a T6060 (Tremec's 6-speed ******). The 09 I have is a 4.6L with the T5050 (5-speed).

3. It's all in how you drive it. Let's put it this way— if mileage/fuel cost is something you're considering, forget the 5.0L. I drive 75 miles a day on the highway and get 18.5mpg. No regrets.

4. Average at best. Because of the way the car is built, your mid-lows/subs are by your feet in the kick panel. This is a DRIVER'S car.

5. Of course. And it's significantly more tempting.

My advice— get the 2005-2009 V6 with low miles and save yourself at least $15k.

If you HAVE to have the newer body style, go for 2012 V6. Makes 312HP (probably closer to 280 to the wheels), gets great mileage considering, and it's the end of the model year= SAVE A LOT OF MONEY.

Save the V8 for your next ride. I guarantee that you'll get more than a ticket or two within the next year if you get the V8. This is the voice of experience. My first car was a V8, and so is this one. No regrets, but I'll say that I need more than one hand to count my speeding tickets. That, and I have NO idea what getting more than 26MPG feels like, and that happened ONCE on a road trip.

PM me if you're interested. I'm a 'Vette guy first, but Mustangs are in my blood for sure.

Get a car you wont regret getting in 5 years. Something you'll be able to afford when you are truly on your own

As most said already, being concern about mpg and then considering a Mustang (and a GT at that) doesn't make much sense. It's like wanting to go fast but wanting a Prius.

New or old cars doesn't matter to cops, if you do something stupid, they'll pull you over no matter what you're driving. A red car being more noticeable by cops and getting more tickets is a myth as well.

Difference between V6 & V8 is a huge power leap, it just much faster and sounds better.

Most stock sound systems suck so if you want a good one, you have to go aftermarket. Unless of course you get an Audi with the Bang & Olufsen option then that system will be plenty good.
someones a name-dropper/brand +%%%!

Yes, getting a NEW car for graduating high school when you already have a car is spoiled.

Getting a car when making a big career move, graduating from med school, or even getting accepted into a top 50 school, is not spoiled.

You sir, are a privileged young man, and I, am full of epson.

Originally Posted by heatking

FORD

stands for

Found
Onthe
Road
Dead

I like the term fix or repair daily...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Although Focus' are said to be great and the 2013 Mondeo is
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

what the hell are you doing your spoiled bro be like all the other rich wedos and make your parents buy you a new bmw now those are nice....

congrats on your given success i hate you.

Originally Posted by Spookz312

what the hell are you doing your spoiled bro be like all the other rich wedos and make your parents buy you a new bmw now those are nice....

congrats on your given success i hate you.

I am anything but spoiled, I am in the most heavily taxed place in the world and pay for everything I have.

High school graduation gift is a brand new car, college graduation gift a house?

Anyways I rather get the Camaro over Mustang even though the new design looks good.

Originally Posted by uny

The bang & olufsen in the audi's is terrible. 
It's all midrange 
sick.gif
It sounded great on the A8 and Q7, it is actually one of the very few things I liked about the A8. I can't say I have the best ear for the best sound systems out there but I do know what sounds good and what doesn't and the B&O system was more than good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom