2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Falcons or Packers D/ST?

Ryan Williams or Michael Bush at FLEX? I'm so torn :lol:

Started Law Firm over DMC last week & it bit me in the ***. First career fumble amongst other things :lol:

With Antonio Brown on a bye, I've got a flex position open for either Denarius Moore or Law Firm. Favorable match ups on both end, I think. Any suggestions?
Law Firm is the safe play because Cincy is giving him a steady dose of carries. Did get a rare fumble in W3. However, the risky play which I lean towards is D. Moore. Starting to regain his form post-injury. Who knows DHB's status. Champ and Porter are good corners, but Moore has unique speed to beat coverage like D-Jax and Wallace.

Anyone know when Aaron Hernandez is slated to come back? I picked up Ryan Williams earlier and already got a trade offer for him :lol:. I send Pitta and Williams and receive Hernandez, Jerome Simpson, and Ahmad Bradshaw. Thinking about pulling the trigger. Just not so sure about Hernandez's return (I have Heath Miller until then) and how much Andre Brown is gonna take away from Bradshaw. Opinions?
Hernandez and Bradshaw are the better players on paper, but the opposing manager is trying to buy Ry and Pitta hot. Pitta is getting numerous targets from Flacco. Beanie is on the IR, meaning Ry has all the time in the world to validate starting status, which he already did against Philly in W3. I'd remove Simpson, although a sleeper WR candidate, for a more solid option to see how desperate the other manager is for Ry and Pitta.

Need some help. Pick one WR and one RB.
Torrey Smith vs. CLE
Jordy Nelson vs. NO
Mikel LeShoure vs. MIN
Alfred Morris vs. TB
Morris slightly over Leshoure with Royster and Helu either out or limited.

Jordy and Torrey is tough but I say trust Nelson in a shootout against the Saints. Their defense is putrid, on both ends.

Palmer @DEN, Dalton @JAX, Ponder @DET
Who should I pick up this week in case Stafford can't go?
My roster:
QB Stafford
RB CJ0.5k, Forte, Ridley, Leshoure, Deangelo, Tate
WR Colston, Harvin, Stevie J, Sid Rice
TE Rudolph, Celek
K Walsh
DEF Stl
PPR and 0.5 points per completion league.
Who should I drop/pick up?
Thanks!
Palmer, Ponder, Dalton in that order. J-Ville's defense better than most expect. Ponder can't possibly replicate the SF performance, right? Carson looking good thus far. Would keep an eye on DHB's availability.

fill in these slots: TE, W/T, W/R (PPR LEAGUE)
dennis pita vs cle
andrew hawkins @jac
ben tate vs ten
jacob tamme vs oak
antonio gates @kc
brandon lafell @atl
jerome simpson @det

pick one RB (standard league)
marshawn lynch @stl
darren sproles @GB
alfred morris @TB
ryan williams @mia
Pitta, Gates, Simpson.

That's nearly impossible. Embarrassment of RB riches. Go with your hunch, seriously. I could justify starting all four backs.

i'm trying to move flacco and nobodys budging :smh:
I need a RB so bad.
is cedric benson worth flacco if i have matt ryan?
Not even close. I'd rather hold onto Flacco than give him away that cheaply.

I was able to acquire A. Rodgers and P. Hillis for Schaub and Skittles. I know this move leaves me a bit weak at the RB spot but I'm gambling that A. Rodgers is going to tear it up the rest of the yr.
What do you guys think of my new roster?
QB: A. Rodgers
Wr: S. Smith
Wr: M. Crabtree
Wr: B. Lloyd
RB: A. Morris
RB: Tashard Choice
TE: J. Graham
BN: P. Hillis-rb
BN: Jay Cutler-qb
BN: B. Celek-te
BN: N. Burleson-wr
BN: Ramses Barden- wr
K: S. Janikowski
BN: L. Tynes
Def: SF
Upgrade your RB2, man.

need some help

pick 1 flex option (non ppr)
sproles@gb
michael bush@dal
andre brown@phi
Sproles, Bush, Brown in that order. Bradshaw likely starting on SNF. Forte is a game-time decision. Sproles should cook in a pass-happy game.

how do you see me giving up R. Williams for Demaryus Thomas? The other owner has Beanie...
My other RBs are AP, Doug Martin and Mikel Leshoure and Torrey Smith and Brandon Marshall as my WRs.
I love RY but trade him straight up for Demaryius. That's phenomenal value.

which qb should i start josh freeman or jake locker?
Don't like either but Freeman is lesser of two evils.

Falcons or Packers D/ST?
Ry Williams over Bush. See him producing well.

GB game will be a shootout so definitely ATL in my book. Nolan proving his legitimacy thus far as a DC.

Schaub or Romo this week??
My gut says Romo despite inconsistency. Schaub could light it up against the Titans, but Foster and Tate could also steal all the TDs.

Thanks Champ! I have a gut feeling Williams may go off as well, hopefully he establishes himself even more so.

Looking to trade for Alfred Morris or M.Turner.

would A.Boldin or Crabtree be a fair trade for either A Morris or Turner...

you guys think M. Bennet holds any trade value?

Last edited:
Palmer, Ponder, Dalton in that order. J-Ville's defense better than most expect. Ponder can't possibly replicate the SF performance, right? Carson looking good thus far. Would keep an eye on DHB's availability.

Thanks man...who should i drop for them though, given my roster?

Pitta, Gates, Simpson.
That's nearly impossible. Embarrassment of RB riches. Go with your hunch, seriously. I could justify starting all four backs.
i really want to start gates, but every week he make me
mean.gif

for some reason people dont like to pick up RB's in my league. i have ray rice also...

pick an RB (standard)

bradshaw @phi

fred jackson vs NE

mikel leshoure vs Min

Last edited:
digital,

Personally I wouldn't trade Morris OR Turner for Boldin OR Crabtree.

If you're SUPER desperate for a wideout and have CRAZY depth at RB, maybe you could try to justify it but I still wouldn't do it.

Boldin has to deal with Pitta and Smith taking targets, and Crabtree gets a solid amount of targets but doesn't find the end zone a whole lot. (If its a PPR league Crab would be more attractive).

Guys,

My Tight Ends are Tamme and Witten. They WERE Tamme and Rudolph but I dropped Rudie for Witten last week and I definitely regret it :smh: .

I tried to get Rudolph back from the guy that picked him up but he doesnt want Witten to back up Jimmy Graham.

Tried to get Martellus Bennett from a guy who also has Jemichael Finley but he originally had Witten and isnt interested.

Do you guys think it's worth offering Tamme instead of Witten, for Rudolph? (Dude is a big Denver fan). Are Rudolph and/or Bennett that much of a better option than Tamme and/or Witten that I should offer a TE plus an IDP?

Falcons or Packers D/ST?

Falcons - Packers are gonna be in a shootout most likely

Schaub or Romo this week??

Schaub, Texans offense is rolling - Romo plays the Bears who have a really tough front 4

McFadden or Michael Turner this week?

McFadden - but if you have a flex option I'd prob slot Turner in there could have a solid game. But Falcons like to throw more than pass these days.

Don't get too high on Schaub guys, that's not his game, Houston runs first.

Seattle or Packers Defense this week?

And Greg olsen against ATL or Santonio Holmes against SF?

I'd take Seahawks defense, as bad as the Saints are playing they will still air the ball out and score several TD's.

I'd stay away from Holmes, esp vs 49ers defense...Jets will look to run the ball a lot more and try to play a defensive game.

Don't get too high on Schaub guys, that's not his game, Houston runs first.

Listen to this man.

as for myself, not sure if I should start Vernon vs Jets defense or T Gonzalez vs Bronco's? Without Revis Jets secondary will be a bit weaker.

also picked up Andre Brown and Barden.....I would like to start Brown over either Bejarvis or Alfren Morris but can't decide between the two.

D. Jax hasn't really done must fantasy wise either, always a big play threat but never look to him for the endzone. Start Barden over him?

Back
Top Bottom