2012 Release of New MacBook Pro?

I'm about ready to purchase a new MacBook Pro.  I've had my current one for over six years and my money is right and I'm ready to get the latest and greatest.  
However, last time I purchased a MacBook Pro, like two months later they dropped a newer version with a new OS etc...

I'd like to avoid that if possible this time around.  I've done a little research and had found there is a new line of HD display MacBooks set to launch in the second quarter of 2012, but there is indication that it will be only 15" and 17" displays.

There were also some rumors that a new processor is being launched in MacBook Pros in the second quarter of 2012 as well.

I just want the low-end 13" MacBook Pro.  That's all I'll ever need and more.

Does anyone know if there is a scheduled release date for this new line of MacBook Pros or even just the newest edition of the 13" MacBook Pro?

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Antidope

I heard theres not going to be a 13 inch for it.

Really hoping this isn't true. One of the reasons I've been anticipating purchasing the new MacBook Pro is because they had that 13" option. I really enjoyed my 12" PowerBook G4 back in the day.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

When new ones come out, how much does the previous gens price drop?

They don't really.

I thought Apple pulled them from the online website??, your best bet is "frys" or amazon they always have decent/good deals on macs.

Apple pulls the old ones off the site. The new processors from Intel should be released in the spring. It means that Apple should update their Macbook line anywhere from March-June.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Apple pulls the old ones off the site. The new processors from Intel should be released in the spring. It means that Apple should update their Macbook line anywhere from March-June.

March would be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Biggie62

You can sometimes find older model of Apple CPUs in the refurbished section.
Still contemplating if I should pull the trigger for the 13" now or wait. 

it usually takes almost a year for apple to update and its only been a few months. i just hope they dont update soon because i plan on buying ga new 13in this weekend.

Originally Posted by donpoppa

it usually takes almost a year for apple to update and its only been a few months. i just hope they dont update soon because i plan on buying ga new 13in this weekend.

what the hell do you mean it's only been a few months?
indifferent.gif

It will have been a year since the new macbooks this march.

Originally Posted by megatron

indifferent.gif

http://www.macrumors.com/...aphics-storage-upgrades/

indifferent.gif

They did a minor refresh back in October. Bumped up the speed and hard drives.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

indifferent.gif

http://www.macrumors.com/...aphics-storage-upgrades/
Minor unannounced update *shrug*

Originally Posted by omgitswes

When new ones come out, how much does the previous gens price drop?

they probably have already stopped making the currents ones and then supply will be short when the new ones begin to drop 
microcenter probably offers 100-200 offer the older version

ivybridge isnt really that big of an upgrade except for graphics performance and slightly better battery life

the only thing that intrigues me is the possibility of a retina display on the upcoming mbp but it is unlikely to be cheap

^ im going to guess the retina display will be optional instead of standard on the next mbp

Retna is pointless as the LED screens are the macbooks are already in HD resolution. Retna is for your touches, phones and pads

new macbook pro will probably come out in may

ivy bridge is slated for april although it might be delayed. apple has gotten early access to intel cpus before so march/april is possible but id bet on closer to may.

redesign, ivy bridge, 2880x1800  resolution, nvidia gpus

[table][tr][td]Performance[/td][td]4 (
glasses.gif
[/td][td]Core i7[/td][td]3920XM[/td][td]2.9 GHz[/td][td]3.8 GHz[/td][td]650 MHz[/td][td]1300 MHz[/td][td]8 MB[/td][td]55 W[/td][td]April 2012[/td][td]$[/td][/tr][tr][td]3820QM[/td][td]2.7 GHz[/td][td]3.7 GHz[/td][td]1250 MHz[/td][td]45 W[/td][td]$568[sup][25][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]3720QM[/td][td]2.6 GHz[/td][td]3.6 GHz[/td][td]6 MB[/td][td]$378[sup][26][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]3615QM[/td][td]2.3 GHz[/td][td]3.3 GHz[/td][td]?? MHz[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]OEM[/td][/tr][tr][td]3612QM[/td][td]2.1 GHz[/td][td]3.1 GHz[/td][td]35 W[/td][/tr][tr][td]3610QM[/td][td]2.3 GHz[/td][td]3.3 GHz[/td][td]45 W[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mainstream[/td][td]2 (4)[/td][td]3667U[/td][td]2.0 GHz[/td][td]3.0 GHz (2 cores)[/td][td]3.2 GHz (1 core)[/td][td]350 MHz[/td][td]1150 MHz[/td][td]4 MB[/td][td]17 W[/td][td]May 2012[/td][td]$[/td][/tr][tr][td]3520M[/td][td]2.9 GHz[/td][td]3.6 GHz[/td][td]650 MHz[/td][td]1250 MHz[/td][td]35 W[/td][td]$[/td][/tr][tr][td]Core i5[/td][td]3427U[/td][td]1.8 GHz[/td][td]2.6 GHz (2 cores)[/td][td]2.8 GHz (1 core)[/td][td]350 MHz[/td][td]1150 MHz[/td][td]3 MB[/td][td]17 W[/td][td]$[/td][/tr][tr][td]3360M[/td][td]2.8 GHz[/td][td]3.5 GHz[/td][td]650 MHz[/td][td]1200 MHz[/td][td]35 W[/td][td]$[/td][/tr][tr][td]3320M[/td][td]2.6 GHz[/td][td]3.3 GHz[/td][td]$[/td][/tr][/table]

Biggie62 wrote:
Retna is pointless as the LED screens are the macbooks are already in HD resolution. Retna is for your touches, phones and pads

lulz. looks like marketing got you
roll.gif
"ZOMG HD!!111"

Back
Top Bottom