2012 Secret Santa Thread: Master lists posted PG1

Let me start off by saying, should we do it again? I think we had about 10 deadbeats last year, a big increase from the year before when I first ran it. I'm a bit unsure if we should attempt this again, as i'm sure some of you are of participating any further, whether you had a deadbeat or not.

One change i'm making this year, i'm going to limit any and all sign ups to a PM. No more e-mails, because that way folks on the outside, multiple e-mails from people juicing a second gift anonymously, and so on can be easier to control.

Who's in? PM Me if you want in.
thats what im sayin mane, too many grimey dudes out here, i caint get caught up in this

I honestly wouldn't care if I got a deadbeat. It's the season of giving and making someone else happy is what matters.

I didn't get my gift from my SS last year until a week into January, and although it would've sucked not getting anything, I don't think I would've been too bummed.

My elf liked what he got and that was enough for me. 

I honestly wouldn't care if I got a deadbeat. It's the season of giving and making someone else happy is what matters.

I didn't get my gift from my SS last year until a week into January, and although it would've sucked not getting anything, I don't think I would've been too bummed.

My elf liked what he got and that was enough for me. 

QFT. I'm not going to care if I don't get anything. All I know is the person who draws me is going to be ecstatic. Karma will work itself out.

Participants must have 3000+ post count and joined no later than 2009. Sounds good?
But I've been here everyday since last November, I wouldnt sacrifice being run out of the only forum I post on for $20.
Cinco....I think this Santa should be limited to regular posters in the forum, no lurked no matter what their join date is, allow only users who obviously take pride in their username, I have a feeling that's the only way we will avoid deadbeats....I'm not talking a bunch of FutureMD type of posters but at least dudes who's names we can remember.
I'm in if there are some requirements for people to be santas like people have said before me...

One idea would be for a 1,000 minimum post requirement... as well as someone who has posted at least 50 posts within the last month. (thats not that much, but enough to be an active current member)...

We can't risk people who aren't even on NT these days anymore just joining the secret santa to take gifts from everyone then leave without giving anything back... most scumbag thing anyone can ever do, and unfortunately there ARE people out there who will do that.
mean.gif
PLS RESPOND

Last edited:
post count shouldn't matter. Been here for years i rarely post. I did it last year and i had fun. Lets stay positive guise.

im not joining for fear of getting a deadbeat. hope none of yall get deadbeats.

By the numbers it's bound to happen. I just hope the number is small

and maybe we could start a pool of funds to get stuff for people who do end up with deadbeats

By the numbers it's bound to happen. I just hope the number is small

and maybe we could start a pool of funds to get stuff for people who do end up with deadbeats
I said this last year, and would be down to do it this year.
you would be good anti-dope.... i doubt you would flake on a $20 gift bro
you would be good anti-dope.... i doubt you would flake on a $20 gift bro
Yeah Anti good peeps
Thanks to you and Cold City for vouching for me, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
I don't like the post count requirement idea. Last year I don't even think I had 300 posts, Cinco let me participate and CobraKai can sure as hell vouch that I wasn't a deadbeat. I love browsing the the forums, but I'm mainly just too lazy to post in most threads that I read. You guys could be denying someone who really wants to use this Secret Santa as a means to feel more involved with the NT community.

PM will be sent tonight. Last year I had a blast running around trying to get my elf some gifts. And when I received my gift in the mail, literally felt like a kid again.

I don't like the post count requirement idea. Last year I don't even think I had 300 posts, Cinco let me participate and CobraKai can sure as hell vouch that I wasn't a deadbeat. I love browsing the the forums, but I'm mainly just too lazy to post in most threads that I read. You guys could be denying someone who really wants to use this Secret Santa as a means to feel more involved with the NT community.
PM will be sent tonight. Last year I had a blast running around trying to get my elf some gifts. And when I received my gift in the mail, literally felt like a kid again.

If you participated last year and were not a deadbeat, by my suggestion, you get priority.

If you participated last year and were not a deadbeat, by my suggestion, you get priority.
Good man :smokin

As for a price limit, it's listed at $20... :lol: I definitely didn't listen to that.
I was in a giving mood, I just wanted to make sure my elf would enjoy his Christmas.
Wasn't worried about a limit.

And as for starting a pool for members who receive a deadbeat, I'd be down.

Back
Top Bottom