2012 Secret Santa Thread: Master lists posted PG1

Let me put it this way before I'm misinterpreted...because I know there are some frequent posters which are just plain trolls and wouldn't put it passed them to be deadbeats, so I think a good way to go about it is having a priority list, first go through the list of posters in last years SS...the dudes who stood by their elf should get priority if they want to be part of this one, then have open applicants with a limit of those chosen, maybe a couple of NTers can volunteer by going through those applicants activity and feel them out to see what type of posters they are and if they should be accepted....I know it seems like a lot of work, but truth is we don't know each other passed what we post in here and it seems every year brings out more deadbeats.

When people do SS at work I doubt they include the temp employees, they do within those that know each other...why would it be any different here?...having lurked come out the woodworks just for a free gift and then back to lurking is straight BS!

Pm sent. I don't post often but was in it last year and should automatically be eligible to do it this year. Shout out to my secret Santa Sole City from last year.

I'm definitely interested in participating again this year - my santa was clutch and i think i put a smile on my elf's face - but I just don't post like I used to. I'll keep an eye out and participate if you have folk grandfathered in of whatever.

My post count is way off, too - gotta get that fixed :-/ I interactive with you guys on twitter anywy.

I would like to be in as well, didnt get my post count from the other site transferred over however

I actually participated last yr and Ive seen my SS still use his gift to this day 8)....(cook set from pg 1 of this thread)

Let me put it this way before I'm misinterpreted...because I know there are some frequent posters which are just plain trolls and wouldn't put it passed them to be deadbeats, so I think a good way to go about it is having a priority list, first go through the list of posters in last years SS...the dudes who stood by their elf should get priority if they want to be part of this one, then have open applicants with a limit of those chosen, maybe a couple of NTers can volunteer by going through those applicants activity and feel them out to see what type of posters they are and if they should be accepted....I know it seems like a lot of work, but truth is we don't know each other passed what we post in here and it seems every year brings out more deadbeats.

When people do SS at work I doubt they include the temp employees, they do within those that know each other...why would it be any different here?...having lurked come out the woodworks just for a free gift and then back to lurking is straight BS!

this.

The only way to weed out the bad apples is to do work. As much as this place is a community, not everyone can be trusted.
Post count shouldn't really matter. It should be what they post anyways, instead of a simple emoticon in their response. quality > quantity

outside of that, the best alternative is to have smaller ss groups. eg. dress better, fitness group, tread about nothing. At least those dudes know who is a reg and who isnt. Less of a trust issue there.

We send cinco our addresses and names and a questionnaire(things we like)
Cinco is the only person who has this info.
He then emails or PMs us another users name, address, and there questionnaire
We then send the gift, package via FedEx, ups...

Last year was my first year and I had a lot of fun. I down to try it again this year. 

I am in, even though I don't post ever but I participated twice that Cinco has done this sent a gift and would love to participate again. It's pretty much the only thing I do on NT

While I would love the idea of matching legit Santas with other legit Santas, Cinco already takes a ton of his own time to put this together.  It's unreasonable for us to expect him to do anything more.  It's a roll of the dice going in.  You hope for the best.

While I would love the idea of matching legit Santas with other legit Santas, Cinco already takes a ton of his own time to put this together.  It's unreasonable for us to expect him to do anything more.  It's a roll of the dice going in.  You hope for the best.

That's why I mentioned a collaborative effort...it doesn't have to all be on Cincos hand.

Back
Top Bottom