2013 Black/Gold Jordan 1 OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
FA just called!!!! I won a raffle
happy.gif

First FTL co raffle
NICE. If I can't have em, at least I hope to seem em on someone's feet

This shoe seems like its gonna burst the bubble on 1s a little. These seem pretty limited, yet not a huge demand i would say. The royals set the tone for good reason but its forcing an amount of hype thats exaggerated. Some of these presell, ebay and second hand numbers are just insane and its pretty clear these dont deserve that. These will be gone quick at retail obviously but they will sit at those insane prices. Only select few will pony up that money. Resellers and others get stuck when ths demand isnt there but what happens when they sit on shoes so high in price no one can or will buy em.
the shoe is 140.. they will sit on these for a while before they drop price.. the investment is extremely low in comparison to others (200 for 3's, 235 for barks, 225 for foams, etc) they might even flip one and hold since they are guaranteed the second pair for free.

Anyone know if these are dropping in europe anywhere? Would like to get myself a pair of these!

there are multiple schools of thought regarding that.. its not as simple as income
i know A LOT of people, including myself (all 25+, decent paying jobs, full time work hours, etc) who pay reseller prices to lock down their pairs.  to us, time is money.  we don't have time to drive here and there, wait in line for raffles, wait around for twitter RSVPs, etc etc... so indirectly, it is as simple as income for the people who pay those crazy prices.

when you have the means to do so, go for it.
I like to get my pairs directly from Nike, FL, FNL like I used to before people hopped on.. its just superstition.. I don't care if I paid $1 over retail or $100 its just the concept of buying from a reseller.. I'm sure a good number of people agree.   So indirectly its deeper than rap.

Thanks
smokin.gif
I was actually in a deep nap when they called at 2:22PM. My phone was on silent too. Set my alarm for 3pm to head to extra butter for the raffle and as I'm turning my alarm off they're calling me for the second time. Size secured and everything!
SI with the W

the lurkers gonna lurk.....

DID 1 last item locate for those hopeful of finishline getting them....no dice on them ....i remember when their twitter was saying nah nah on the royals and i told people yes yes after i item located turns out i was onpoint

but this time nope not happening

and what i miss while i was gone 

there are multiple schools of thought regarding that.. its not as simple as income
Please don't tell them that. That's too complex for them. Let them keep deluding themselves with the thought that people who make a good income overpay for commodities to the tune of two to three times the cost of what the manufacturer says its valued at - and of course that is already after the manufacturer has made a 3000% profit. 

Cause nothing says "success" like paying the equivalent of 1/5 an ounce of pure gold for scraps of plastic, rubber, cloth, and inappreciable amounts of leather that didn't make the cut with third tier men's designer footwear manufacturers (Cole Haan, Johnston and Murphy, etc.)

SMH

Bottom line is the day this shoe got announced I was so looking forward to getting them and the hassle of trying to find a pair at retail seemed impossible so I dropped the money to get them. They are worth what they mean to each person, now time to sell some of what I have to pay for them. Congrats to those that got them for retail and best of luck to those that really want what I feel will become an iconic shoe.

Damn, looks like I'm missing out. It's a shame too I really liked these shoes, these were gonna see A LOT of feet time. Called Premiumgoods HTX Monday, they told me FCFS at 11am Saturday. Just got off the phone with them 2 hours ago and now they're saying New York only. The employee sounds like he has no idea what's going on with this release. Salt levels here are reaching a maximum, idk if my body can handle it. If any Houstonians know if a spot I can call up, let me know!

Thanks :smokin I was actually in a deep nap when they called at 2:22PM. My phone was on silent too. Set my alarm for 3pm to head to extra butter for the raffle and as I'm turning my alarm off they're calling me for the second time. Size secured and everything!
They called twice that's unheard of

Good source tells me a HOH location in Texas has these. The store is telling people they are not getting them. They are selling to friends only.

so i called almost every mom and pop shop in a 25 mile radius to me, i really think no one in so cal got them

Congrats Mark! Super lucky they did the call back. Policy here states they aren't doing that, and they definitely don't. I'm glad it worked out for the better though! Good to see NT comin up on these. I think we may have a little team in here that could make the black toes a feasible release for us....you know who ya are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom