2013 Black/Gold Jordan 1 OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark081990 has been trying to help me out as well with little or nothing to gain. I just wanted to give a shout out to him for trying to help out his fellow NT'ers!

Mannnnnnn pictures do not do these justice! Just got mine in right now!! These are ridiculously sexy in person.

Last edited:
^of course those pics dont do it justice, those pics are terrible!
Hahahahhahaha! My camera is messed up man
grin.gif

Looks like moisture got into the camera, same thing happened to mine after my sister used it at the beach.

Anyway, props to Mark for helping out that other dude
smile.gif

Well I finally got my pair.  Found someone in NYC CL to trade for 2013 Royal 1's.  I have multiple pairs of Royals, got multiples just for times like this, and I love this black and gold patent leather pair.

And I have to give a HUGE shout out to Mark.  I set everything up but he let me ship directly to him, he took the time out of his day to take the ferry over to Manhattan from Staten Island, meet up with the other guy and make sure everything was 100% legit and then shipped my pair back to me wrapped and protected better than any retailer every would.  He made sure the other guy in the deal was comfortable and met on his terms where he needed to.  He even rushed to get the package shipped before the weekend started so I wouldn't have to wait the few extra days.  Great NTer right there, and didn't ask for anything in return.  I owe him and will repay it.  I guess that's my good karma for all of the NTers I have helped get their shoes for retail with hardly even a thanks in return (not all of you though, there are good dudes out there still trying to help).

This is the REAL Nike/JB produced pairs.  None of the knock off, wanna be garbage.

View media item 377891

And to ANYONE trying to say these aren't a retro of a 1985 pair of Nike Air Jordan 1's.....well Nike has something to say about that!  I guess join dates don't mean all that much...

View media item 377916
SimpleSales2009, you definitely don't need to thank me. I cant do enough to help you out. Your input on this forum is invaluable. You bring so much to the table with every release (although I'm a "new member" I def take notice of those things).

I think we all owe you a big thanks. Keep doing what your doing and disregard the rest. I know guys ,not even on this site, who benefit on release day just from browsing through your posts. You volunteer a ton of detailed info even when it'll ultimately hurt your chances of getting a pair. I appreciate it for sure.

I'm glad I could do this to help you out on this. Enjoy!

Mark081990 has been trying to help me out as well with little or nothing to gain. I just wanted to give a shout out to him for trying to help out his fellow NT'ers!
no problem man, I'm going to keep trying. This has been a bit of a roller coaster with this guy over meeting up haha. First he's like yeah I'm free anytime and then he's like sorry I was busy. :lol: thanks for the s/o though

Looks like moisture got into the camera, same thing happened to mine after my sister used it at the beach.

Anyway, props to Mark for helping out that other dude :smile:
Thank you!

Last edited:
VVVVVNDS 2001 black/reds for a pair of these - who comes out on top?
Right now.. You would be the winner there. But! If the bred 1s re-release at the end of the year I'd say he came out on top. Black Gold 1s haven't been released in 28 years.

If they were vvvnds banneds I'd say jump all over it. But since they're 01 breds I'd be hesitant.

I personally would only do that trade if it appeared like the bred 1s weren't releasing by the end of the year AND I had another pair of black/gold 1s. I know some say the quality of '01s is superior to '13s (regarding royals anyway) but I don't see them having too much more life left. They are 12 year old sneakers. And good number of members from the Royal 1 thread likes the 2013 pair better than the '01 pair.

At this moment... Sounds like a win for you. In a few months, a year, and so on... You might be regretting that decision. Just my take on it

Patent leather, has, does, and always will feel cheap and insubstantial. These shoes are no different. There are no glaring quality deficiencies which is a good thing but I could say the same thing about my Royals. 

Reading through some of the responses, one would almost think that folks are describing some calfskin Alden medallion tip calfskin oxfords in the cigar hue. I think that some in our small fraternity of blk/gold 1 owners might be lost in the lure of rarity and exclusivity. 

Looking at them they're kinda cool and certainly have tons of history and an unquestioned "mystique" (which is why I bought my pair), but let's not fool ourselves in thinking that JB set some material quality or aesthetic standard with these. 

Outside of the production number, and the OG mystique, they're actually a fairly run-of-the-mill shoe. 

Sorry to be the owner that goes against the grain...

^^ JPG - Thank you for the insight. Other people have clouded judgements upon ownership. But it's refreshing to see someone that can truly see what it really is. Another low quality JB retro, blinded by hype.

^^ JPG - Thank you for the insight. Other people have clouded judgements upon ownership. But it's refreshing to see someone that can truly see what it really is. Another low quality JB retro, blinded by hype.
i have to disagree, its not low quality. It may not be on the BIN level in terms of quality but it definitely is not your run of the mill retro. No thin crap leather on these, the patent leather on these is better than the bred xi's which came out a few months ago for sure

Patent leather, has, does, and always will feel cheap and insubstantial. These shoes are no different. There are no glaring quality deficiencies which is a good thing but I could say the same thing about my Royals. 

Reading through some of the responses, one would almost think that folks are describing some calfskin Alden medallion tip calfskin oxfords in the cigar hue. I think that some in our small fraternity of blk/gold 1 owners might be lost in the lure of rarity and exclusivity. 

Looking at them they're kinda cool and certainly have tons of history and an unquestioned "mystique" (which is why I bought my pair), but let's not fool ourselves in thinking that JB set some material quality or aesthetic standard with these. 

Outside of the production number, and the OG mystique, they're actually a fairly run-of-the-mill shoe. 

Sorry to be the owner that goes against the grain...
You're trippin man. I just got mine yesterday and these are super wet in person. Can't believe you think these are just "kinda cool".
sick.gif

Right now.. You would be the winner there. But! If the bred 1s re-release at the end of the year I'd say he came out on top. Black Gold 1s haven't been released in 28 years.

If they were vvvnds banneds I'd say jump all over it. But since they're 01 breds I'd be hesitant.

I personally would only do that trade if it appeared like the bred 1s weren't releasing by the end of the year AND I had another pair of black/gold 1s. I know some say the quality of '01s is superior to '13s (regarding royals anyway) but I don't see them having too much more life left. They are 12 year old sneakers. And good number of members from the Royal 1 thread likes the 2013 pair better than the '01 pair.

At this moment... Sounds like a win for you. In a few months, a year, and so on... You might be regretting that decision. Just my take on it

Jordan 1s last forever. I had OG 1985 Royals that i wore on a consistent basis until the 2013s came out. But as far as value, definitely trade the 01 Breds for Black/Golds since Black/Golds will be worth so much more in the future.

Actually the prices on 2001 Breds are dropping since more people are on the hunt for Banneds (which IMO are the pinnacle of Bred 1 releases).

i have to disagree, its not low quality. It may not be on the BIN level in terms of quality but it definitely is not your run of the mill retro. No thin crap leather on these, the patent leather on these is better than the bred xi's which came out a few months ago for sure

You mean the patent pleather on the recent XIs? From 09-present XIs have been cheap. Now, if these 1s had patent leather like the 00-01 XIs then I would be shocked.

Black and Gold might be my favorite color combination. Wish they made more pair of these. Well at the very least royal 1 numbers.

You're trippin man. I just got mine yesterday and these are super wet in person. Can't believe you think these are just "kinda cool".
sick.gif
With all due respect, if you "just got [yours] yesterday," I'm inferring from that that you paid a resellers bounty for these. Considering that someone likely extorted $500+ from you, but adjusting for the "hook up" that you'll invariably say that you received, we'll just set your acquisition price at $300 (a nice 40% savings to you in our hypothetical universe). 

So back to my original point - considering that you consciously made a decision to pay more than double the retail cost, it stands to reason that you would have characterized these as "super wet in person," even had you not seen them. Because why else would someone pay the equivalent of 1/5 an ounce of pure gold for these if they hadn't already made up their mind that they were an amazing shoe?

I'm just making the point that you're biased and likely not taking an objective stand on this. And that's fine. It's ok to be passionate about something. And it's ok to like these. I do too. But you should also be reasonable.

And reason, in this case, screams that the patent leather likely *should be* thicker on these as it is an integral part of the structural integrity of the shoe. Contrast that with the XIs, where the patent leather is simply an accent shroud over a separate and underlying material foundation. 

Reason also tells us that the quality of the shoe is not bad, but also not superior or even considerably above average. Neither is the aesthetic for that matter. Neither are the materials. In hand, the shoe feels plasticky and, frankly, cheap. 

But that's ok, because I surmise these shoes to be the Keyser Soze of the Jordan universe. In that once they're gone, they're gonna be gone. And all we'll have left is a lot of speculation about production numbers, intent, wheres, whens and whys...

I'm not trying to argue with you and I respect your opinion. But I won't follow the crowd, and a spade will always be a spade, even if the hype machine screams that it's a diamond...

With all due respect, if you "just got [yours] yesterday," I'm inferring from that that you paid a resellers bounty for these. Considering that someone likely extorted $500+ from you, but adjusting for the "hook up" that you'll invariably say that you received, we'll just set your acquisition price at $300 (a nice 40% savings to you in our hypothetical universe). 

So back to my original point - considering that you consciously made a decision to pay more than double the retail cost, it stands to reason that you would have characterized these as "super wet in person," even had you not seen them. Because why else would someone pay the equivalent of 1/5 an ounce of pure gold for these if they hadn't already made up their mind that they were an amazing shoe?

I'm just making the point that you're biased and likely not taking an objective stand on this. And that's fine. It's ok to be passionate about something. And it's ok to like these. I do too. But you should also be reasonable.

And reason, in this case, screams that the patent leather likely *should be* thicker on these as it is an integral part of the structural integrity of the shoe. Contrast that with the XIs, where the patent leather is simply an accent shroud over a separate and underlying material foundation. 

Reason also tells us that the quality of the shoe is not bad, but also not superior or even considerably above average. Neither is the aesthetic for that matter. Neither are the materials. In hand, the shoe feels plasticky and, frankly, cheap. 

But that's ok, because I surmise these shoes to be the Keyser Soze of the Jordan universe. In that once they're gone, they're gonna be gone. And all we'll have left is a lot of speculation about production numbers, intent, wheres, whens and whys...

I'm not trying to argue with you and I respect your opinion. But I won't follow the crowd, and a spade will always be a spade, even if the hype machine screams that it's a diamond...

Repped and I agree with you 100%

Maybe he hasnt seen these in person until he copped them, there is a thing as 'love at first sight' for some shoes, and some nt'kers are blessed to have the money to drop on said shoes even tho the majority thinks it is a unresonable price. To you it might be another hype ran limited shoe but there are some poeple that really like the shoe even tho you might have seen em before they did

The quality on these is great FOR A JORDAN BRAND SNEAKER. But it isn't anywhere near some actual designer brand shoes. And I gotta agree with JPG that no matter how great the quality of any patent leather is, it still looks a bit cheap at times. I was lucky enough to grab a pair for 340 (actual price not NT adjusted haha) and I only say lucky at that price because I'm in SoCal. I love the shoes but would never spend 500+ on these. I just don't think they are worth that much, even with all the hype. To every one thinking about it just go buy urself some banneds, or a second pair of banneds if u already have one. Those are the true classics. Or some DMP cords or true OG classics

Generally when anyone GROSSLY overpays for anything, it puts them straight into denial of being had whether they like the item or not. Dont know why anyone would just adore something that really never existed. Or was even sold in thier lifetime. I would have thought patent leather would command a price increase but they were the same retail. Of course real patent differs from plastic coated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom