2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

New Orleans would have no interest in that trade :lol: does no good for them at all acquiring 2 older players, 1 of whom may get cut by chicago

New Orleans would have no interest in that trade :lol: does no good for them at all acquiring 2 older players, 1 of whom may get cut by chicago

Deng would provide veteran leadership with playoff experience. And he's only 27. Plus with EG's knee concerns and him not really wanting to play for NO. I don't think they have too much leverage.

Deng is a good player.  It seems like EG's stock is pretty overrated right now.  He hasn't proven himself to be a star and he has huge injury issues.  I don't think that's a bad trade for NO, especially since he doesn't want to be there.

:lol: :rofl: If the Nets make that deal and give Smith max money

They would just be getting a younger Gerald Wallace. I see a trade with the Nets as a lose-lose though, because whoever we get back won't even be a huge difference maker. But, then again it is better than letting him walk for nothing in free agency.

Deng would provide veteran leadership with playoff experience. And he's only 27. Plus with EG's knee concerns and him not really wanting to play for NO. I don't think they have too much leverage.

What's the word on Eric's knee these days? How has he looked?

Nets would rent Josh Smith and let him go. Seems like the Nets are trying to let go of some salary by getting rid of Kris Hump.

They may have something up their sleeves for this summer. Don't trust the Russian.

Nets are pretty much stuck with this roster for the most part for a couple years..

Humphries and Crash could always get traded..

But For the next 3 years Deron, Joe Johnson & Brook Lopez alone equal about 95% or more of cap space.

They can't get Dwight in a sign & trade. So they are pretty much concrete with their stars for the next few years.

Last edited:
Sixers PLEASE trade Turner, his inconsistency is just too annoying. Sometimes dude looks like he could be a star and then other times he looks like a complete bum. If Richardson was still healthy, I woulda wanted him gone too lol. WE NEED OFFENSE! lol

Exactly! I can't stand his inconsistency. it has been three years now, Iggy is gone, coach put him on the starting lineup and put the ball in his hands, but he can't get it right! I am very frustrated with his performance this year, it is inexcusable. I hope we can get good value for this guy.

What do you think will be his value?

Virtually all of their cap space is taken up by Johnson, Williams, & Lopez for the next 3 years.

Gerald Wallace & role players push them into the luxury tax

So, they don't have enough cap room to sign any big time free agent.

And Josh Smith is better than anyone they can sign with the MLE/mini-MLE.

Its a no brainer considering their salary cap situation

Last edited:
Virtually all of their cap space is taken up by Johnson, Williams, & Lopez for the next 3 years.

Gerald Wallace & role players push them into the luxury tax

So, they don't have enough cap room to sign any big time free agent.

And Josh Smith is better than anyone they can sign with the MLE/mini-MLE.

Its a no brainer considering their salary cap situation
You think that a core of Johnson, Williams, Lopez, Wallace and Smith can contend for a championship? IMO that is a random assortment of players that don't fit together. Not to mention the $80 million that would be locked up between 4 max players when the luxury tax is set to increase substantially each year.

And I seriously doubt that the Nets can clear $40 million in salary this year to sign Dwight in the off season like Coupe has been suggesting all year.

I don't want josh smith.

The move they need to make for is Ben Gordan.

You think that a core of Johnson, Williams, Lopez, Wallace and Smith can contend for a championship? IMO that is a random assortment of players that don't fit together. Not to mention the $80 million that would be locked up between 4 max players when the luxury tax is set to increase substantially each year.

And I seriously doubt that the Nets can clear $40 million in salary this year to sign Dwight in the off season like Coupe has been suggesting all year.

I've suggest the Brooklyn Nets do it because that's where Dwight has always wanted to go, but I agree it's too difficult to clear that much cap. It can be done if the Russian orders to do so, and I wouldn't put it past him. Trading Hump for Josh Smith (who they wouldn't resign) just seems fishy to me. If they do so, All the Nets would have to do then is trade Brook Lopez during the draft for future draft picks and they could land Dwight in FA.

In all honesty tho, to make everyone happy that three team deal between LA-Minn-BK made the most sense to every team. Everyone wins. The teams, the players, and the fans. Kevin Love would be perfect in LA, Brook could shine with Rubio, and Dwight could shut up and finally be to get what he wants.

No. Their title window closed when Dwight Howard opted in.

Now, they're stuck with Johnson, Williams, Lopez and Wallace.

Smith is an upgrade over Hump (who's expiring after next year), & he's better than anyone else they can sign in the offseason since they can't do any sign & trades & are limited to the mini-MLE.

Since they're stuck with their 4 big contracts for the forseeable future, they might as well do the best they can improve spots 5-15 on the roster.

And the Russian could give a damn about the luxury tax. The dude is worth 13 billion dollars.

Nets have A LOT of money invested in contracts, however we're fine with DWill (Still one of the best PG's in the league when healthy), Joe Johnson (inconsistent, but still puts up big games & has always been clutch this season), Crash (the player with the most heart on the team, even through all the rough stretches), & Brook (Only getting better & I wouldn't wanna entertain the idea of him for Dwight again). We really need help at that 4 spot considering we don't have any sort of versatility going on. Humphries can't play defense & isn't a scorer, Evans can rebound & hustle, but kills us offensively, Teletović is a shooter, & our most versatile big is Blatche, but he is better suited for energy off a thin bench. Josh Smith would add a lot more versatility with a big who can score, rebound, defend, run the break & finish, & just bring some intensity to that position.

& even if we don't get Smith, that Gordon deal would still help us out a ton bringing in consistency off the bench. Nets just need to get SOMETHING done.

[h1]NBA trade rumors: Spurs interested in Josh Smith[/h1]
By Jonathan Tjarks on Feb 12, 12:50p 6

20120415_jel_aw5_177.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Josh D. Weiss-US PRESSWIRE

Would the Hawks mercurial PF make sense in San Antonio?

Tweet

Tucked away in the latest NBA Power Rankings from Marc Spears of Yahoo! was this interesting nugget about Josh Smith, the Atlanta Hawks and the San Antonio Spurs:
The Spurs are among the teams with interest in Hawks forward Josh Smith, a source told Yahoo! Sports. Keep in mind, Hawks general manager Danny Ferry was previously with the Spurs.
While Smith's often flighty on-court demeanor would appear to be a poor fit with the no-nonsense culture Gregg Popovich has installed in San Antonio, there does appear to be some legs to this rumor.

The Spurs lack of athleticism in the front-court was exposed in their WCF loss to the Thunder last season, when Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and James Harden were allowed to finish around the rim without too much resistance as Oklahoma City won the last four games of the series to come back from a 2-0 deficit.

Smith would give San Antonio an above-the-rim presence on defense while his passing and skill level would make him a good fit in the Spurs motion offense. He's also on the last year of his contract, so San Antonio could assume his salary without too much long-term risk.

Pounding The Rock, SB Nation's Spurs blog, has all the latest San Antonio trade rumors compiled here.

From the Hawks perspective, the question becomes what exactly the Spurs would give up to get Smith. While Atlanta is reportedly unwilling to offer him a max contract in free agency, he's still one of their most important assets and it's unclear whether San Antonio would be willing to offer enough pieces off their team to make a deal worthwhile.
Theyre the worst managed team in the league, theyre idiots, we can rip them off. DO IT R.C.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom