2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

THrob lol, is definitely a talent that can be packaged to acquire hmm say maybe Jsmoove? 
devil.gif

Morey won. Rockets save 1.5m in this deal after they don't pick up the team options on Garcia and Honeycutt after the season. Throw the max at Dwight. Dwight 99 percent chance he's a Laker for life, but at the end of the day, Robinson's upside is higher than Patterson or Morris. Will he pan out, who knows, but dude is halfway into his rookie year. Low risk, high reward. He'll start at PF, and this clears more playing time for DMo. Gotta keep in mind the Rockets are the youngest team in the league. Only Delfino has more than 4 years NBA experience on the team, and that was with Patterson and Morris on the team. Asik has panned out, Lin is playing better, and this team will grow together. They're all like 23-24 years old. Going forward, they will have ample cap space, and tradable pieces down the line to maneuver. I just hope to God that they can hang onto a playoff spot :lol:

Last edited:
I think Morey is too smart to trade for him now when he can sign him in the summer, but I believe Robinson could be re-routed to the Hawks for Smith. :nerd:

That's a pretty nice idea.

How would that effect Houston's attempt at D12 though?

Which is ok. I can live with Asik Robinson Parsons Harden Lin running things. But as an organization, Morey has to try. He's done his part, getting an attractive player in Harden to appeal to Dwight, and got enough cap space to make a run at him. Could always carry over that cap space for 2014.

^this...I dont mind keeping Asik..if dwight don't wanna come here, it's all good 
pimp.gif
...DMC Patterson reunited 
tongue.gif

Morey won. Rockets save 1.5m in this deal after they don't pick up the team options on Garcia and Honeycutt after the season. Throw the max at Dwight. Dwight 99 percent chance he's a Laker for life, but at the end of the day, Robinson's upside is higher than Patterson or Morris. Will he pan out, who knows, but dude is halfway into his rookie year. Low risk, high reward. He'll start at PF, and this clears more playing time for DMo. Gotta keep in mind the Rockets are the youngest team in the league. Only Delfino has more than 4 years NBA experience on the team, and that was with Patterson and Morris on the team. Asik has panned out, Lin is playing better, and this team will grow together. They're all like 23-24 years old. Going forward, they will have ample cap space, and tradable pieces down the line to maneuver. I just hope to God that they can hang onto a playoff spot :lol:

What in the **** are you talking about....?

Dwight is bi-polar. We all saw what happened last season with the opt out opt in thing with Orlando. There's a chance :lol:. Either way, yes, Houston is gonna offer the max at Dwight, and yes, he will reject. But it's ok either way, as the Rockets have a solid nucleus to build around, with or without him.

I don't even know how I'll feel if the Rockets end up with Smoove. Millsap is cool, though. Asik can mask Millsap's defensive deficiencies.

Morey won. Rockets save 1.5m in this deal after they don't pick up the team options on Garcia and Honeycutt after the season. Throw the max at Dwight. Dwight 99 percent chance he's a Laker for life, but at the end of the day, Robinson's upside is higher than Patterson or Morris. Will he pan out, who knows, but dude is halfway into his rookie year. Low risk, high reward. He'll start at PF, and this clears more playing time for DMo. Gotta keep in mind the Rockets are the youngest team in the league. Only Delfino has more than 4 years NBA experience on the team, and that was with Patterson and Morris on the team. Asik has panned out, Lin is playing better, and this team will grow together. They're all like 23-24 years old. Going forward, they will have ample cap space, and tradable pieces down the line to maneuver. I just hope to God that they can hang onto a playoff spot
laugh.gif
What in the **** are you talking about....?
roll.gif

Is Patrick Patterson straight buns???

Should I be this upset at the deal?!?!

If the Sixers were really approached by the Hawks about an Evan Turner and Hawes for Josh Smith trade and declined it they need to be folded as a franchise.

I've always had an issue with him for not rebounding but Asik covered him, he spaces the floor well tho..

Some play-off teams don't want to wait until the summer. They want his help making that championship push right now.

The longer they wait, the more leverage they lose, because the other teams know that he will walk anyways and can offer Atlanta peanuts, which is what should happen anyway that team deserves to burn.

He's not a franchise player. 

Good points, I think Josh wants to be the king of Atlanta. He doesn't wanna move, but maybe front office thinks his decision making is too much at times.

Milwaukee building around Brandon now? Ohhh..

mike fisher @fishsports

NBA source tells me #Rockets trade for #Kings Thomas Robinson is to facilitate another Hou deal.. 

Hmmm...

Good points, I think Josh wants to be the king of Atlanta. He doesn't wanna move, but maybe front office thinks his decision making is too much at times.
Milwaukee building around Brandon now? Ohhh..
Sports ain't your thing man. Stick to trolling in the music forum.

Josh Smith has been trying to get out of Atlanta all year...

^Pretty much that. He can have some outstanding games, but on a normal day he's a solid role player. He picked up his intensity in the past couple of games, but I've been waiting on him to consistently be dominant since his 2nd season.

There's no way anyone on the Celtics are going anywhere.  Paul Pierce has been in green since day 1 so it would be silly to trade him this close to retirement.  Garnett is too committed to the team and Rondo is their star so both of them aren't leaving.  

Back
Top Bottom