*2013 NFC North Trash Talk Thread™ ® --> Lions Hire Jim Caldwell as Head Coach.

jpzx

Supporter
Since the Tigers will be the most relevant team in Detroit come mid-October, I'm doing a favor for a Lions fan that won't wanna update his thread title continuously when the Lions are dead by the bye week . :D

5th Edition, Lets Get Rowdy.

* 2013 NFC North Trash Talking Thread *

Before we turn our heads towards 2013, take a gander with me back to the dog days of summer last year!

View media item 495220
View media item 495223
View media item 495228
View media item 495230
View media item 495235

Storylines from 2012!

Adrian Peterson rushes for 2097 yards in a single season. Coming off a torn ACL. Vikings lose in Wild Card Round to GB.

View media item 495237
View media item 495266
The Packers have an impressive run, but fall to the 49ers in San Francisco in Round 2.

View media item 495260
View media item 495261
The Lions follow up a playoff berth with a dismal 4-12 season marked by Titus' asbergers & Stafford's season with only three more TDs than INTs. Give him 77 mil!

View media item 495258
View media item 495257

The new-looked Bears with Brandon Marshall fly out the gate to a 7-1 record, but win only 3 of their remaining games and just miss the post-season.

View media item 495263
View media item 495265

And Here We Go... The New Looks for 2013.

View media item 495268
View media item 495269
View media item 495273
View media item 495271
View media item 495274
View media item 495275
View media item 495276

Chicago Bears Fans on NT
CasperJr, THE GR8, therenegade23, koolbarbone, Feasting Horns, Joe Billionaire, Stringer Bell 32, arstyle27, tylerdub, CurtisCarter23, assyrianplaya, shabooyah1124, illmatic34, bijald0331, jose cansec0, AntBanks81, SLP Product.

Green Bay Packers Fans on NT
fraij da 5 11, Jehlers02, RetroBaller, Wisconsin 4 Life, AJ27526, youngmoney, i LyricaLJKilla i, mjd77, PlatinumFunk, AirForce1s, freezelle, sho3tym, CarolinaPack04

Detroit Lions Fans on NT
Que?

Minnesota Vikings Fans on NT
651akathePaul, RyGuy45, SFN 155, JPZx, hymen man, SportsJunkie, DTruth07, minnetrapolis, kix4kix, memphisboi55, coryturner, truthmain, rsdplaya, nnarum, mogzz04, houser34

Lets have a good season and represent the NFC North well! :pimp:

Last edited:
Lions fans gets me every time lol

Don't have much to say yet since I don't even know what playing style my bears will have with a new coaching staff

Lions fans gets me every time lol

Don't have much to say yet since I don't even know what playing style my bears will have with a new coaching staff

Bears always a wild card to me. I always see them as the extremes. Either taking the league by storm of falling flat on their faces. They did both last year. New style or not it comes down to Cutler's consistency.

^ Added.

Bears receivers coach sees “tremendous potential” in Alshon Jeffery

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 14, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT

Bears receiver Alshon Jeffery was limited by knee and thumb injuries in his rookie season, but he has already done enough this offseason to impress his position coach.

Chicago receivers coach Mike Groh told the Chicago Tribune that Jeffery, who played in 10 games with six starts and caught 24 passes for 367 yards and three touchdowns last season, has stood out for him during offseason work.

“I’ll say this about Alshon: He’s really invested,” Groh said. “I have seen improvement in the very short time I have been able to work with him. He certainly has tremendous potential.”

Brandon Marshall remains the clear-cut top receiver for the Bears, but they’d like to spread the ball around a little more effectively than they did last year, when Marshall caught 118 passes for 1,508 yards and 11 touchdowns, and no other wide receiver caught even 30 passes or had even 400 yards. The Bears would love to see Jeffery go from having tremendous potential to being a tremendous No. 2 receiver.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-sees-tremendous-potential-in-alshon-jeffery/

Clay Matthews plans to be the defensive leader in Green Bay

Posted by Josh Alper on July 11, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT

When the Packers said goodbye to Charles Woodson this offseason, they were doing more than releasing one of their starting safeties from last season.

They were also bidding farewell to the player who had been the leader of their defense for several years, opening the role up for someone else in 2013 and beyond. Linebacker Clay Matthews expects to be that guy.

Matthews has been a strong player for the Packers pretty much upon arrival from USC, which is why the team signed him to a five-year extension this offseason. Matthews believes that the extension carries a responsibility beyond continuing at that same level of production.

“I think it’s just the natural progression with leadership on this team,” Matthews said, via Rob Reischel of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Obviously the more comfortable I am in the scheme, which I very much am, the longer I’m here, the more tenured I am, the more I have to take that leadership opportunity. In light of what has happened in the off-season with Charles Woodson departing, the new contract shows trust in my leadership and ability on the field. So you’re going to see that, especially in light of the last few years for our defense. We’re trying to turn it around and get this thing back to where we were when we had the Super Bowl run.”

Strong leadership is important, but the Packers defense is going to succeed or fail based on the way their players perform on the field. If cornerback Tramon Williams can regain his old form and linebacker Nick Perry makes an impact in his return from injury, for example, the unit will be better than it was a year ago. If not, Matthews’ leadership will only wind up meaning so much.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lans-to-be-the-defensive-leader-in-green-bay/

As a packers fan ill be watching Perry and the rookie Jones on the line. A pass rush on the other side of Clay is always needed.

I can't wait till Greg Jennings pulls muscle and milks the injury.

As a packers fan ill be watching Perry and the rookie Jones on the line. A pass rush on the other side of Clay is always needed.

I can't wait till Greg Jennings pulls muscle and milks the injury.
He's probably got a grade 2 sprain in his wrist from signing his new contract.

amped to see Jennings/Patterson line up for the first time.. the rook can learn a lot from him.

:smh: @ the Jenning's hatred from the Pack fans now :lol:

Last edited:
Unfortunately I remember Packer fans saying Jennings milks injuries before he came here. Eh, lets hope not.

Sources: No long-term deal for Melton
July, 15, 2013

By ESPN.com news services

Defensive tackle Henry Melton won't reach agreement on a long-term deal with the Chicago Bears by Monday's 4 p.m. ET deadline and will play under his one-year, $8.45 million tender, which he had previously signed, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder.

Last edited:
We all know my Vikings taking the division this year, nothing to see here folks.

/thread
AJ-HAWK-MIDDLE-FINGER.gif

AJ Hawk is a trainwreck. :lol:

Xavier Rhodes will end up being the best rookie and overall player on this Vikings team.

Edit: I meant best overall player of THESE draft picks. Yikes.

Last edited:
"Quoting it is almost as if you posted it" -In one of Meth's diatribes.

....by far the most overrated division on this board.

Only team that's a factor this year is the Packers and that's by default.

It's like, I read your comment, my right eye twitched a little bit, and then I moved on.

I was going to refrain from posting here but I just wanted to point out that the Cowboys are 1-7 versus the NFC North since 2009 and actually haven't won a game VS the North in two years.

Alright Tony Reali, what's the Lions franchise playoff record if you don't me asking?

You know, where **** actually matters...

Back
Top Bottom