*2013 NFC North Trash Talk Thread™ ® --> Lions Hire Jim Caldwell as Head Coach.

[h1]Bears, Jay Cutler agree to seven-year contract through 2020[/h1]
PUBLISHED 6 hours and 56 minutes ago LAST UPDATED 3 hours and 33 minutes ago

Ken Bradley  Sporting News
 Follow on Twitter    Archive    Email    RSS

Text size A  A  A

The Chicago Bears signed quarterback Jay Cutler to seven more years, the team announced Thursday.

Cutler, who joined Chicago in 2009, is now signed through 2020.

MORE: Playoff schedule  | Broncos no lock  | Lovie Smith to Bucs

The deal is reportedly worth $126 million over seven seasons, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported.

He missed five games this season because of injuries, but managed a career-best 89.2 QB rating. He threw for 2,621 yards with 19 TDs and 12 interceptions.

Chicago has reached the playoffs one time — in 2010 — since Cutler arrived. The Bears finished 8-8 this season and 5-6 when Cutler started.

The Bears also signed guard Matt Slauson and cornerback Tim Jennings to four-year extensions through 2017.

Slauson started all 16 games for Chicago in 2013 after spending the first three seasons of his NFL career with the New York Giants.

An eight-year veteran, Jennings has 16 interceptions in his four seasons in Chicago, including four in 2013 with two returned for scores.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...bears-contract-extension-seven-years-2020-nfc

^ After Chris Kluwe's statement, I regret the above post. :lol:

It's all rotten. :rofl:

Yeah. Dead that idea. :lol:

Interested as we all are as to which way they go with the HC position. It makes me nervous that they're even interviewing Bevell. Have to be thorough, I suppose.

Last edited:
Its going to be freezing in Wisconsin for todays game. :smh: at the 49ers though, would rather play basically any other team than them but I still see GB winning :smokin

Also hope everyone remains safe out there(players, coaches and fans), read an article saying u could get frostbite in 5 mins in that weather :smh:

thoughts about our new coach?

IDK man.

He was probably the best of dudes that were available.

Whiz wanted to run a 3-4 and that just wasn't going to happened with us.

Every fan and media personality I know is disappointed but every single player or coach around the league says it was a good hire.

I guess we'll see.

So Caldwell wasn't a good hire because the Ravens offense wasn't good last year?

Best team in this division hired a coach that was the offensive coordinator of the 30th ranked offense in the NFL the year before he got a head coaching job.

According to Football Focus he was the OC for the worst offense in NFL history.

I think it worked out for the Packers.

Last edited:
No reason to judge the hire now, lets wait to see who he hires for his staff, how the draft goes, and how the team does on the field this upcoming season.

Zimmer!!!! :pimp:

I really love the hiring, for the first time since '09 I feel like our defense will finally improve under this guy. Lets get us a QB within' the next 2 years and try to get back to winning some meaningful games.

Last edited:
^Feel the exact same way. Elevate that D and get a QB and they should be able to compete for years. Of course, getting that QB seems to be the hard part.

Back
Top Bottom