2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

interested to see where tavon Austin goes...with flacco as the qb for my ravens :smh: , they gonna need some linemen and receivers that can run shorter routes and turn em into big plays...I think tavon can come back home and do that...

Sad to see my boy Giovani declare, but I wish him well at the next level.  He should be a first round lock, no?

Really though...where do you guys think Barkley is going to be drafted? Has he fallen all the way to the 2nd round? If so, I want my Bucs to draft him. Freeman is a free agent after next year and I'm not down to get Sanchezed like the Jets are right now.

Really though...where do you guys think Barkley is going to be drafted? Has he fallen all the way to the 2nd round? If so, I want my Bucs to draft him. Freeman is a free agent after next year and I'm not down to get Sanchezed like the Jets are right now.

Who knows? With the way the way this league fiends over QB's, I wouldn't be surprised if a team reached for him. I don't think he should be drafted until late first at the earliest though, but most those teams will have their Q's so 2nd round is where I'd put him for the moment.

Last edited:
I think people are living in the moment on Barkley a bit here.

I know he isnt anything special but a lot of the hate he gets is because he didnt live up to expectations this year not because he isnt a better prospect that a lot of QB's in this class.

I will be surprised if he is any less than the second QB off the board but then again I could see him being the 5th.

This is going to be one polarizing QB class.

It does not help that 6 rookie QB's came in this year, start and played relatively well.

Last edited:
I think people are living in the moment on Barkley a bit here.
I know he isnt anything special but a lot of the hate he gets is because he didnt live up to expectations this year not because he isnt a better prospect that a lot of QB's in this class.
I will be surprised if he is any less than the second QB off the board but then again I could see him being the 5th.
This is going to be one polarizing QB class.
It does not help that 6 rookie QB's came in this year, start and played relatively well.

Do you think Barkley has a higher upside than Leinart/Sanchez?

Outside of Carson Palmer, USC QBs in the NFL = yuck

FWIW, I think Geno is the first QB off the board in this year's draft (might even go #1 overall)....after him there are A LOT of questions. Two first round darkhorses are Tyler BRay, EJ Manuel, and Ryan Nassib. I actually like all of them over Barkley. Like you said...it's a VERY polarizing QB class.

Barkley's talent level is very very similar to Leinart/Sanchez and if anything will separate him from them it is between his ears.

I am always going to side with the QB's who have the best pocket presence and move in the pocket to buy time to throw down field and Geno excels at that but ehh 1st overall..

Last edited:
I've seen a few mocks with Tavon Austin going to New England. I don't wanna see Austin in a Pats uniform bruh.

I remember when Sanchez was getting drafted almost all the scouts said he had that "alpha dog" DNA you need to be a top tier QB. With some saying he had a higher ceiling than Stafford. I'm with theone Barkley isn't as bad as the season he had. I like to think he's better than the 5th QB taken but with these mocks & other reports you never know.

I've seen a few mocks with Tavon Austin going to New England. I don't wanna see Austin in a Pats uniform bruh.
I remember when Sanchez was getting drafted almost all the scouts said he had that "alpha dog" DNA you need to be a top tier QB. With some saying he had a higher ceiling than Stafford. I'm with theone Barkley isn't as bad as the season he had. I like to think he's better than the 5th QB taken but with these mocks & other reports you never know.

Most damning thing was when Pete Carroll said Sanchez was not ready for the NFL.

if the Eagles think Foles isn't the answer then I want to take a shot on Bray assuming he declares

the dude was a top 5 projected pick last year at this time in earrrrly mocks but I think the guy can be a REALLY good qb in the NFL

if the chiefs get the number 1 pick IMO they need to get andy reid and draft geno smith and have him develop

for a year or two and stockpile talent around him.

PATS are probably gonna be drafting in the mid 20's to 30's , but if we can snag tavon austin to replace welkers i might cry tears of happiness.

but most likely we will be looking at strong safety,guard , linebacker or corner

also with the success of the seahwaks do you guy's think teams are going start looking for

bigger and more physical corners as opposed to the usual 5'11'' 4.24 40 yard dash guy's?

Last edited:
Jeff Tuel declared for draft. :lol:

"Yeah, Jeff. I encourage you to declare. Pleasseee leave." - Mike Leach

Jets gonna have to take one of these QB's aren't they? :nerd:

Can't go back to Sanchez. Tebow, come on. McElroy ain't the answer I don't think. So they have to draft one from this class, don't ya'll think?

Jets gonna have to take one of these QB's aren't they? :nerd:
Can't go back to Sanchez. Tebow, come on. McElroy ain't the answer I don't think. So they have to draft one from this class, don't ya'll think?

I'd imagine they sign someone like Vick and draft a QB in 2014 when the draft is better for QB's

Sanchez is gonna be on that team next year since they are morons and gave him a contract extension for being as good as Ryan Lindley

I can see the honey badger converting to a safety in the NFL. He's a very instinctive player but his size could be his downfall against big receivers.

I'd imagine they sign someone like Vick and draft a QB in 2014 when the draft is better for QB's
Sanchez is gonna be on that team next year since they are morons and gave him a contract extension for being as good as Ryan Lindley

Speaking of 2014, has Russell Wilson's success done anything for shorter QBs like Manziel and Boyd? Would teams be willing to overlook their height and take a flyer on them in the first round?

BTW, I think you're right about the Jets bringing in Vick. Depending on how McElroy looks, they might have a trio of Vick, McElroy, and Grossman for next year and focus on finding a true QB of the future in 2014.

Why you already got the brunette version

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

*What's the word on Marcus Lattimore? Did he pick an agent ( His best bet would be to go with Rosenhaus)? Also, is there any chance he plays in 2013?

Last edited:
A lot of "draft experts" have Johnny Football going #2 overall behind Clowney in 2014 and Boyd as a mid 1st rounder

Last edited:
I think Lee goes #2 after Clowney if he has another year like this year. Even tho that's early for WR, he could get that look. He's about 6-1 ain't he? Can he grow another inch or two still? Would really help him.

A lot of "draft experts" have Johnny Football going #2 overall behind Clowney in 2014 and Boyd as a mid 1st rounder

I was on walter football and saw that. Despite what people think of Vick, he's very undersized for a QB as well and went #1 overall (obviously). Off hand, I can't think of any sub 6'2" QBs who are 1st round prospects this year...but 2014 is the year to watch if Manziel declares and if Boyd actually does go in round 1.

That Mock had the Cowboys Taking Barkley LOL Every other one has them taking Jonathan Jenkins from UGA which is a better fit cause the Boys lost Josh Brent and they can move Ratliff outside and stick Jenkins on the Nose . As far as QB's Go Geno will be first Wilson will go after him and Barkley after that . Bray will go in the 2nd rd he has a Cannon but he has a bunch of other Problems like Head Problems . The Honey Badger is undersized to be a Safety he is a bit undersized at Corner but he can play there he has the ball skills we'll see how he looks fter a 1yr out of football . This class of WR is super Deep some real playmakers in there .

Back
Top Bottom