2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

a lot of teams are going to sleep on Jordan Rodgers and who ever gets him is going to get a steal. 

he'll probably be as good or better than Aaron.
roll.gif

JR is HOOOOOOORRIBLE. Happy to see him run out of eligibility. Son's older than me making freshmen mistakes. 

I do see Jordan Matthews declaring early for the draft. 6'3 WR and balled out this season for us. 

I wonder where David Amerson stock is at currently? 3rd day pick? Hunter and Patterson destroyed him to start the year. 

Last edited:
Keenan Allen should be the first wideout taken, no question. Big body, smooth athleticism, good hands, great body control, 40 should come out mid 4.5, isn't necessarily a burner but plenty of burst and moves, especially given his size. The comparison I always had in my head is that he's a bigger Ed Reed playing receiver (weird I know but I thought Cal might play him both ways given his pedigree). Eye-test I see Braylon Edwards (good version)

qbs get drafted based on need not skill (see weeden, ponder)
teams that will take a qb this year: kc, az, jets, oak, jax (depending on henne and tebow)

depends on what new management wants: philly, tenn, cleveland, sd

geno and barkley are lock first rounders. past that likely to join them are bray, glennon, maaaybe tyler wilson, landry jones. not logan thomas ever
denard cribbs will be fun to watch

starting qbs under 6'2: brees, russell wilson, vick
i like murray but i doubt he's one of these guys
i love manziel but he's a ****** and looks nothing like an nfl qb. but no point talking about him now

will be interesting to see how the new rookie wage scale affects draft strategy. even though last year's rookies had to sign under the new system, it wasn't officially in place at the time of the draft

under the old system, you had to draft a "money" position with an early pick (qb, lt, pass rusher) because it just wasn't worth paying inside linebackers or interior ol the compensation that was associated with that slot. now the salaries are more reasonable, which should encourage more "best player available" drafting, regardless of position. on the other hand, the "money" positions only become such due to their relative scarceness and importance to the team, so maybe the new wage scale won't have a big effect

K. Allen should not be first receiver off the board. I like him, but lot of questions about him getting separation next level. I don't think he's a #1 WR. Better suited as a #2. Imo.

assuming pats are drafting 24-32 (somebody please draft tyler eifert so they dont even think about another TE)

im just hoping 3-4 qb's sneek into the first round so maybe we can nab a top safety,receiver or corner

K. Allen should not be first receiver off the board. I like him, but lot of questions about him getting separation next level. I don't think he's a #1 WR. Better suited as a #2. Imo.
marqise lee and sammy watkins coming out next year , no need to waste a top 18 pick on a receiver this year.

i think where gonna watch alot of the smart teams trade down this year in the first, to the desperate teams.

second round is where this draft is gonna make its name in my opinion

Who 'should' be the #1 WR off the board?
nobody stands out this year to go top 15-18 , 

but i'd love the value of T.WILL or HOPKINS or even eifert(TE but still best prospect since vernon) in the early second over keenan or hunter in the first.

raiders,lions,dolphins <----teams that reach for receivers in the first aka teams u dont wanna be

crazy part is one of these 4.5 guys is bound to clock a 4.39 on combine day and sneak his way into first round money

Who 'should' be the #1 WR off the board?

I think Hunter should be, I think Woods might be.

Let me add, I don't think Woods should be, I just think some GM will reach for him.

Hunter is the one I see as having the next level "size-tools" needed.

Dolphins reach for receivers in the first?

We've taken ONE first round WR in the last 15 drafts. :lol:

Justin Hunter seems to be dropping; he might end up as a steal for someone

he went from a projected top 5 pick last year at this time from many mocks to potentially as late as the 3rd round as of now

For his size and catch radius he doesn't always dominate like a player of his stature should. Also had some big time drops this year.

Cp will be the 1st WR taken. no one in this draft is more explosive and can dominate in and make everyone miss

I hope the Bills get C.P. We really could use another star wideout next to, my bruh, Stevie Johnson.

:lol: In what world is Steve Johnson better than Megatron, Dre, Dez, Aj Green, Marshall, Roddy, Julio, Vincent Jackson, Fitz, Steve Smith, Victor Cruz, Welker, Reggie Wayne... Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Miles Austin, Colston, Randall Cobb... There's probably more.

laugh.gif
In what world is Steve Johnson better than Megatron, Dre, Dez, Aj Green, Marshall, Roddy, Julio, Vincent Jackson, Fitz, Steve Smith, Victor Cruz, Welker, Reggie Wayne... Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Miles Austin, Colston, Randall Cobb... There's probably more.

Can the Chiefs afford to go Need over best available player?

They Need a QB, QB definitely is not going to be the highest rated player by their scouting department...

Get this one wrong and Everybody getting fired.

Back
Top Bottom