2013 SRT Viper - 640hp 8.4l V10

"same thing as da euros except you're not paying a quarter million dollars for it"

:smokin

As much as I like it I seriously doubt that it can handle the corners as well as most cars from Europe.

BTW it'll be in next weeks Top Gear, driven by Hammond, I'm really curious to see what they will say about it.

"same thing as da euros except you're not paying a quarter million dollars for it"

As much as I like it I seriously doubt that it can handle the corners as well as most cars from Europe.

BTW it'll be in next weeks Top Gear, driven by Hammond, I'm really curious to see what they will say about it.

why do people think that? da viper ACR stood atop of da burg' ring more then a few times.

vipers can handle as good or better then anything from across da pond.

why do people think that? da viper ACR stood atop of da burg' ring more then a few times.

vipers can handle as good or better then anything from across da pond.

2010 ACR Viper holds a top five Nurburgring lap time spot for a street car. I can't believe new American cars still carry the stigma they had in the 60's about being only straight line speed monsters. Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, Viper. They all can hang on a track if not beat out cars double the price.

Last edited:
2010 ACR Viper holds a top five Nurburgring lap time spot for a street car. I can't believe new American cars still carry the stigma they had in the 60's about being only straight line speed monsters. Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, Viper. They all can hang on a track if not beat out cars double the price.
because these idiots are blinded by brands and not specs.

2013-dodge-viper_100387331_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387334_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387335_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387332_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387330_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387337_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387336_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387344_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387343_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387342_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387341_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387340_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387339_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387350_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387351_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387352_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387354_m.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387355_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387348_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387349_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387346_l.jpg

2013-dodge-viper_100387378_l.jpg
sorry to quote all the pics, but does GT5 look like this? I remember pics from the GT5 thread and couldn't tell what's real and what's virtual... 
eek.gif

INdeed it is a stigma, which in some cases may be untrue. INdeed the Viper did an amazing lap time of 7:22.1 and let's not forget about the Corvette C6 ZO6s lap times as well.
BUt to be honest, this was something that began with the popularity of building muscle cars which still stands mostly with the Hemis and due to different driving conditions (long straight roads) there isn't a huge need of being able to corner with extreme accuracy.

Not that I have anything against the Viper or the Corvette, the lap times were achieved with racing or slick tires, which is a big difference. And the list is dominated by POrsches, Ferraris, Nissans or Lexus' LF-A. Or take a look at Top Gears track, where European manufacturers are way ahead of these cars.

And I think it would be a huge mistake to be blinded by brands and or by specs. Both can be misleading....
Look at the Gumpert Apollo, which most have not necessarily heard of and is probably one of the best cars on the market, or the fact that even Jeremy Clarkson stated that the overpriced Lexus LF-A, with it's relatively small output compared to other hypercars is amongst the best cars on the market.

Yeah, we're blinded.  Watch and learn...

Last edited:
compare anything american from da cream of da crop muscle era with anything JDM or euro from da same era and americans had da best

cars no contest.

da 70's oil crisis and union legacy pension crippled da big 3's quality offerings.

This car is six years old and even i know it doesn't handle well. Look at something like the new Boss 302, so many awards for it's amazing track capability.
That wasn't the point, they were saying American cars shouldn't have the same stigma muscles cars had even though they're clearly using outdated suspensions with increased horsepower and speed.  Sure, they updated it now, but they're still behind other cars in terms of quality.  If I wanted a car just to race then I might consider a Boss 302, but if you're looking for interior as well as performance then you'll be looking elsewhere...

compare anything american from da cream of da crop muscle era with anything JDM or euro from da same era and americans had da best

cars no contest.

da 70's oil crisis and union legacy pension crippled da big 3's quality offerings.

Pretty much on point if we're talking about the cars in the lower price range.

This car is six years old and even i know it doesn't handle well. Look at something like the new Boss 302, so many awards for it's amazing track capability.

That wasn't the point, they were saying American cars shouldn't have the same stigma muscles cars had even though they're clearly using outdated suspensions with increased horsepower and speed.  Sure, they updated it now, but they're still behind other cars in terms of quality.  If I wanted a car just to race then I might consider a Boss 302, but if you're looking for interior as well as performance then you'll be looking elsewhere...

no, not quality for the price.

word, you're got getting anything for 50k in europe like a GT500 without paying double...and we all know about those out of warranty cost for those euro cars

too :lol:

Where exactly should we look?

cars no contest.

Exactly. The Americans had a year to turn their gas guzzling muscle cars into economical cars. We didn't stand a chance after that. If you know anything about the engineering that goes into cars, it takes at least a year of initial testing of a new car.

Agreed

Even though the Japanese still make the most reliable cars on the planet, you're kidding yourself if you don't think that Americans have upped their quality SIGNIFICANTLY in the last decade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom