Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
we still talking contract....really tho, the contract still

allen-iverson-practice.jpg
Man. They might want to dm each other . Lol

Since there are two threads this should be the one for all the BS that typically derails the season thread

Srs. Like a kobe contract/front office/winning games haters thread

That's really not a bad idea, hash out all our BS in here and try to keep the season thread clean and clear.

This could be our lakers thread about nothing like in general....:lol:

No.

He just like Kobe was over paid.

Now the deal Lance got...I would have jumped on. Even if he is a head case.

Now wait a sec Tupac, you don't want to tank. You want to win now. Make the playoffs, and such. Be competitive. Not lose games, on purpose, right?

So, I ask again, would you want Chandler Parsons, on this team, as our small forward? At age 25, and still improving as a player? 16.5 points, 5.5 rebs, 4 assists. Can shoot from anywhere.

You don't want him, at 15 mil a year, but you are ok with paying a 36 year old 24 mil per year?

I ask, because Dirk took 10 mil, and Parsons now plays with Dirk, together. 25 mil. Kobe, alone, 24 mil.

You say that his contract does nothing to harm us. It's not impacting this team, as it is right now. But Dallas, who is a better team than we are at the moment, fit Parsons right in their roster, AND stole him from the Rockets, a team they need to compete with. (as would we if we wanted to make the playoffs this year)

We could have Parsons, as our starting SF, and Dallas and Houston would not. And the Lakers, this year, would make a run at the playoffs, which is what you want them to do, yes?

But Parsons wouldn't help us do that?

So which is it? Want the Lakers to be good right now, and Kobe take less money, or pay him what we did, and now we won't win as much as you, and some others would like. So why then, do people back Kobe's contract as "non" harmful to this roster?

Duncan, Parker, Ginobili = 30 million. We paid Kobe 30 million for 6 games last year. Is it unreasonable of me to ask him to take a larger pay cut the following year? To help better the roster, which currently is not very good.

No to Parsons the 25 year old at 45 mil for 3 years
Yes to Kobe the 36 year old at 48 mil for 2 years.

*shrugs*

CP, I hear you. The Kobe contract was bad, but it is what it is and it's passed. I think the front office was thinking let's give the team a punchers chance to be a contender with all the moves they've made (CP, Dwight). They just haven't worked out for one reason or another and Kobe got injured. So, right now they're kind of stuck in this limbo trying to be a contender for Kobe, and also trying to think about the future.

Im on board on team tank. Start gathering young/talents assets.

I don't think we have the size/skill to compete in the west against: Zbo/ Gasol, Deandre/Blake, Bogut/David Lee, up against Dirk/Lamarcus will be impossible to defend.

Now wait a sec Tupac, you don't want to tank. You want to win now. Make the playoffs, and such. Be competitive. Not lose games, on purpose, right?

So, I ask again, would you want Chandler Parsons, on this team, as our small forward? At age 25, and still improving as a player? 16.5 points, 5.5 rebs, 4 assists. Can shoot from anywhere.

You don't want him, at 15 mil a year, but you are ok with paying a 36 year old 24 mil per year?

I ask, because Dirk took 10 mil, and Parsons now plays with Dirk, together. 25 mil. Kobe, alone, 24 mil.

You say that his contract does nothing to harm us. It's not impacting this team, as it is right now. But Dallas, who is a better team than we are at the moment, fit Parsons right in their roster, AND stole him from the Rockets, a team they need to compete with. (as would we if we wanted to make the playoffs this year)

We could have Parsons, as our starting SF, and Dallas and Houston would not. And the Lakers, this year, would make a run at the playoffs, which is what you want them to do, yes?

But Parsons wouldn't help us do that?

So which is it? Want the Lakers to be good right now, and Kobe take less money, or pay him what we did, and now we won't win as much as you, and some others would like. So why then, do people back Kobe's contract as "non" harmful to this roster?

Duncan, Parker, Ginobili = 30 million. We paid Kobe 30 million for 6 games last year. Is it unreasonable of me to ask him to take a larger pay cut the following year? To help better the roster, which currently is not very good.

No to Parsons the 25 year old at 45 mil for 3 years
Yes to Kobe the 36 year old at 48 mil for 2 years.

*shrugs*

Where in LIFE did I say it was ok to give Kobe that contract? LOL I never said I liked the contract. What I have said...and continued to say is whats done is done!!

Kobe's contract is not the only reason why we are going to be bad this year and for the next couple. A ton of things happened.

But I'm not going to keep harping on them.

Now when it comes to losing on purpose. I think you miss my position.

I as a fan can not cheer for my team to lose. Just can't do it. Trust me...I get your point. You want to lose and get/ keep assets.

For me I don't know what these assets that we don't have or don't know what they will be will get us.

And sweet jesus...LOL I keep reading what you posted. I never said the Kobe contract doesn't hurt us...I just keep saying what's done is done. I nor you can do anything about the contract.

Should Kobe have taken less? OF COURSE! But did we even ask him to take less? NO! LMAO if I'm Kobe and my team puts a contract like that in front of me, of course I'm gonna sign it. I'm not mad at Kobe I'm mad at the front office. But I voiced my frustration when it happened a year ago....I'm sorry I'm over it. Just have to go along with it because its not in my control.

It goes like this CP. I just want to watch Lakers basketball. I have been a fan since I was born. Just like I'm a USC fan. I know they don't have the talent to win a national championship due to the sanctions...but I would never root for them to lose. I'm not wired that way as a fan. Like I said...I understand your position. What you say makes some sort of sense. But I look at team like the 76'ers who have been losing (I feel on purpose for 2 to 3 years now) and what exactly do they have? When does it turn around?

Can we please start a new thread or a separate thread so CP and whoever else wants to can talk about Kobe's contract and how the team should tank and lose on purpose everyday. This is so old!

First game of the preseason and we are talking about Kobe's contract. It's talked about every single day and whether we should tank or not.

Unbelievable

Just create 2 separate threads.

We don't need two separate threads. It's a conversation. I wish it was a conversation we didn't have to right now...but it is what it is. CP is entitled to his opinion just like you and I are...

Last edited:
I hear ya. I didn't mean you love the deal, and I don't blame Kobe as a man himself signing that dotted line asap, I was speaking on what the fanbase as a whole has dealt with. Him taking that deal, but then spinning "Mitch has cap space for max talent" when we all saw right thru that. Then, of course, no max cap space was spent on a max deal. :lol: I was sort of combining all the reasonings into one, not wanting to tank, could still sign others, etc, I was balling that up with the Chandler Parsons example, and someone asked me earlier why people should be mad at Kobe if they wanted to win now. That was either you or Essential asking me.

This part tho

But I look at team like the 76'ers who have been losing (I feel on purpose for 2 to 3 years now) and what exactly do they have? When does it turn around?

Joel Embiid
Nerlens Noel
Michael Carter Williams
Dario Saric
Jerami Grant

Their own pick in 2015 (it's traded, but top 14 protected, and we know the 6ers aren't making the playoffs) AND they have the Heat's first round pick, likely 15-22 range.

After that, they have maybe 25-30 mil spent, meaning, 35+ million in cap space. Basically, they have all young players, plus a pick or two still on the way, and then all the cap space in the world. Basically, they are the Rockets before they got Harden/Howard. They have a ton of assets to grow, or trade how they see fit. It takes time to get rid of the trash, and bring in the youth and savings.

Will they be patient enough to see it through? I don't know. I don't know their front office. But it paid off for Houston, if they are smart, and lucky, keep guys healthy, in a year or two, they could have a nice core in that city.

Another sport, but peep the Royals and Orioles in the ALCS to go to the world series. They have been rebuilding thru draft picks for a few years, and here they both are. Same as the Nats. Those teams used to lose 105 games a year, for YEARS. (diff sport, I know) But same premise. Be patient, build youth, coach them up proper (key) and strike a deal when you find one. Then, when the youth develops, you have somethin.

Cavs had 3 #1 picks built up, flipped 2, now have Kyrie, Bron, and Love. Lottery luck, sure, but you have to be in the lottery, to win the lottery. And they lose enough the last few years to get in there.

The Blazers HAD Oden, Roy, LMA, but they didn't do their homework and killed two of the 3. Do your homework better, and they woulda had a nice core built up.

Was just answering what you were sayin on Philly, not sayin we should or shouldn't do anything beyond this year. My only interest is keeping this year's pick and 2017's in one move. Need those in my opinion.

I hear ya. I didn't mean you love the deal, and I don't blame Kobe as a man himself signing that dotted line asap, I was speaking on what the fanbase as a whole has dealt with. Him taking that deal, but then spinning "Mitch has cap space for max talent" when we all saw right thru that. Then, of course, no max cap space was spent on a max deal. :lol: I was sort of combining all the reasonings into one, not wanting to tank, could still sign others, etc, I was balling that up with the Chandler Parsons example, and someone asked me earlier why people should be mad at Kobe if they wanted to win now. That was either you or Essential asking me.

This part tho
Joel Embiid
Nerlens Noel
Michael Carter Williams
Dario Saric
Jerami Grant

Their own pick in 2015 (it's traded, but top 14 protected, and we know the 6ers aren't making the playoffs) AND they have the Heat's first round pick, likely 15-22 range.

After that, they have maybe 25-30 mil spent, meaning, 35+ million in cap space. Basically, they have all young players, plus a pick or two still on the way, and then all the cap space in the world. Basically, they are the Rockets before they got Harden/Howard. They have a ton of assets to grow, or trade how they see fit. It takes time to get rid of the trash, and bring in the youth and savings.

Will they be patient enough to see it through? I don't know. I don't know their front office. But it paid off for Houston, if they are smart, and lucky, keep guys healthy, in a year or two, they could have a nice core in that city.

Another sport, but peep the Royals and Orioles in the ALCS to go to the world series. They have been rebuilding thru draft picks for a few years, and here they both are. Same as the Nats. Those teams used to lose 105 games a year, for YEARS. (diff sport, I know) But same premise. Be patient, build youth, coach them up proper (key) and strike a deal when you find one. Then, when the youth develops, you have somethin.

Cavs had 3 #1 picks built up, flipped 2, now have Kyrie, Bron, and Love. Lottery luck, sure, but you have to be in the lottery, to win the lottery. And they lose enough the last few years to get in there.

The Blazers HAD Oden, Roy, LMA, but they didn't do their homework and killed two of the 3. Do your homework better, and they woulda had a nice core built up.

Was just answering what you were sayin on Philly, not sayin we should or shouldn't do anything beyond this year. My only interest is keeping this year's pick and 2017's in one move. Need those in my opinion.

Oh no doubt CP. In a way its a gamble. Philly has assets. It's just that unknown of what will happen. If they will pan out. If it will take them to the playoffs and eventually to a championship.

Like you said Cavs got "lucky" (I truly believe the NBA hooked them up after Bron leaving but in a way we all knew they were going to be horrible) but they did have assets. It sucked to be their fan base during those years post Bron but it was what it was.

The Spurs did homework but at the same time got lucky. They got stars who didn't have a problem signing for less. But they also got lucky. I believe ( I could be wrong) But I think they got Ginobli on that deal the summer after he had a horrible year. When everybody was saying the Spurs were done. It takes some luck.

Like I said I understand your view. I just don't want to beat the dead horse with Kobe's deal any more. I want to see how randle will do. How clarkson will do. How the rooks will do in general. How lin will fit. There is a lot to look at now. Kobe's deal to me, is in the past. We have things to look forward to. That's my only point.

When you talk about tanking in the season thread...I'm going to do my best to stay away from it. It's your view on how you think the lakers will get better. And that's fine.

A little rust but pretty much everybody after offseason gonna have some. He's moving great! 6 points 3 dimes not even halfway through the first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom