2014-2015 NCAA / NFL Gear

I'm not particularly impressed, and that's even before taking into account the $250 price tag :lol:

I'd like to see a video of them in action, I figured they would have released something like that.

$250 for a cleat. Nah I'll pass on em until they hit the sale price and stick with the OG Vapor's and the VC2014 for now.

No way people are buying those cleats when the 5stars are about the same and more comfortable.

Shoe would have been so much cleaner if they would have minimized the Swoosh and got rid of the 'VPR' at the back of the shoe.

Shoe would have been so much cleaner if they would have minimized the Swoosh and got rid of the 'VPR' at the back of the shoe.

The VPR does look incredibly stupid on there. And the price tag is ridiculous. I definitely want to try these out though. Just have to be patient and wait for the sales

Agree on the stupidity of the VPR. Hard for me to see myself getting too excited, even on sale. I guess I remain a skeptic of flyknit for a football shoe.

Not durability so much as it is about sufficient stiffness/padding. I guess I don't see why benefit the flyknit has here, unless it's significantly lighter. Flyknit makes sense to me for running shoes, but when you need stability and some stiffness, that's where I'm more skeptical.

I noticed the Nike Skin should address the water concerns though.

Can't even lie...those silver ones look better with the light reflecting off them. Still, that price tag is out of bounds.

Just went to Niketown NY to check them out, they only had the silver ones. Looked pretty nice in person, and felt about as stiff as the VCE 2014...still annoyed I've now worn my VCE's once bc otherwise I'd swap them once the price drops.

Last edited:
Man, to this day, my Calvin Johnson v1 cleats have been shredding up the back of my ankle right where that huge padding is....I've had them for almost a year now too...

I might have to swap these out with other cleats...

Anxious to hear how everyone's Vapor Ulitmates perform for those that bought them. Still on the fence about them.

Those Jordan VI cleats just weren't for me. Ended up selling my pair. Felt they were missing the lock down particularly in the heel that I look for in a pair of cleats. Felt like there was a lot of heel slippage and because of that spandex piece in the middle of the laces they were a pain to lace up and tighten.

I'm going to stick with the VC2014 for now and wait and see on those Ultimates.

I have to say this. In regards the the Nike video with Manziel talking about the new cleat and how "it's the best cleat he's ever had on his feet", then why isn't he wearing them? Last time I saw I picture or video clip of him, he was in the Jordan VI, not the $250 Vapor.

Maybe I'm getting older and saltier, but if you're going to endorse or make claim it's the best you've ever worn, then that cleat should be on your feet at all times. Players are known for wearing older models because that's what they prefer.

I hope you're all smart guys and can see past the hype and claims and you really go for what works best for you.

Nike, get your athletes to wear what they endorse, it makes all what they're saying more credible.

^^ I totally agree with you but I'm pretty sure that's cuz he wore those a couple weeks ago to one of his first practices before they had those, I could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom