2014 Chevrolet SS Unveiled

Been 16 years since Chevy has had a 4 door V8 powered car so they wanted it to be a sedan. Why make another V8 coupe when they already have the Corvette and Camaro. 94-96 Impala SS has a cult following nowadays and that's a V8 powered sedan.

So why not put another V8 in the Impala?

This new SS has a better chance of flopping considering the price range it will be in + the competition it has with the Impala/malibu.

All I'm saying is, Chevy has a catalog of sedans and 2 coupes... The Impala, the Cruze (which just really hit the streets), the Malibu, the Volt, and now the SS?

But having 3 coupes is too much?

Don't get me wrong. Its a great looking car. But I see this working out just like the Pontiac G8. Only a few heads will really go for it.

Would have been nice to see Chevy cook up a new 2 door hot rod.

Thats all I'm saying. 2 door needs some love. I'm excited about the muscle. I just wish it was a coupe

Hopefully Dodge delivers

Last edited:
Been 16 years since Chevy has had a 4 door V8 powered car so they wanted it to be a sedan. Why make another V8 coupe when they already have the Corvette and Camaro. 94-96 Impala SS has a cult following nowadays and that's a V8 powered sedan.

This new SS has a better chance of flopping considering the price range it will be in + the competition it has with the Impala/malibu.

All I'm saying is, Chevy has a catalog of sedans and 2 coupes... The Impala, the Cruze (which just really hit the streets), the Malibu, the Volt, and now the SS?

Don't get me wrong. Its a great looking car. But I see this working out just like the Pontiac G8. Only a few heads will really go for it.

Thats all I'm saying. 2 door needs some love. I'm excited about the muscle. I just wish it was a coupe

Hopefully Dodge delivers

Dodge better not scrimp on the HP like they did this go round.

Hopefully Dodge delivers

I get what you mean but those are different powertrains. Cruze is the economical, compact sedan similar to the Honda Civic, Ford Focus, etc. Malibu is Chevy's Honda Accord, Ford Fusion, Toyota Camry, etc. Volt is in a completely different class. Impala is a full size sedan. Yes they all may be sedans but really they're all different. SS fits in it's own niche in Chevy's lineup by being the only V8 powered sedan. Camaro and Corvette already compete with each others sales, as far as V8's go. Wouldn't make much sense for Chevy to throw in a third model with a high powered V8, this is if they made the SS a coupe. I do agree though that they should have just put a V8 in the Impala and badged it an SS instead of making a whole new model of car.

Last edited:
Who cares about HP, 0-60 times...unless you're a race car driver. Who needs 400-600HP to sit in 5 o'clock traffic, everyday? LOL.

It's a nice car & has a little bit of power (i.e. HEMI Charger...) Hood dudes will eat these up & throw 22's-24's on them & ride out.

Who cares about HP, 0-60 times...unless you're a race car driver. Who needs 400-600HP to sit in 5 o'clock traffic, everyday? LOL.

It's a nice car & has a little bit of power (i.e. HEMI Charger...) Hood dudes will eat these up & throw 22's-24's on them & ride out.

You ever been on the freeway, try to pass someone, and when the person notices you're trying to pass, they speed up? 600 hp eliminates that bs.

Chevy will never top the 94 SS, and it looks like they stopped trying.

I'm noticing American cars are really trying to have European body designs.

Last edited:

I hate this argument, not every single person who buys a high horsepower car sits in traffic everyday where they would never use the power. If you don't like a powerful car than that's all well and good but don't assume not a single person buying this car or any other high horsepower car for that matter will never use the power it has.

You ever been on the freeway, try to pass someone, and when the person notices you're trying to pass, they speed up? 600 hp eliminates that bs.

Chevy will never top the 94 SS, and it looks like they stopped trying.

I'm noticing American cars are really trying to have European body designs.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom