2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faried's deal will be fine on the future cap, so will Bledsoe's, Haywards, and all the other "overpays" this summer.

I can't wait for reporters to ask Kobe about the new tv deal. His answer will be glorious.

Richard Sandomir @RichSandomir  ·  23m 23 minutes ago
NBA to announce $24 billion/9 year deal w/ ESPN and TNT on Monday. Annual average value nearly 3x current deal.
Richard Sandomir @RichSandomir  ·  18m 18 minutes ago
Annual avg value of new NBA deal soars from about $930M to $2.66B. New deal starts after 2015-16 season.
HORY SHET.

eek.gif

asd;lfhgf;dslhepodlfs;sghs;sd
Are you also thrilled about the inevitable players strike?
Shhhhhh. You're going to upset people.

Dan Feldman of Pro Basketball Talk has done the math based on the basketball related income and estimates that the increased income from the TV deals would push the NBA salary cap up by nearly $16 million from the $63 million figure for the 2014-15 season. ESPN previously reported similar potential growth.

The bump in salary cap hasn't been unexpected. Free agents this offseason have been quick to sign shorter deals with the anticipation of this news. LeBron James signed a two-year deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers that has a player option after the first season, but he is expected to discuss a new contract before the 2016-17 season once the television deal is in place. His shorter contract was decided upon with the media deal (and a potential lockout) in mind. James' new teammate, Kevin Love, agreed to be traded to the Cavs but without a handshake agreement for a contract extension.

Restricted free agent Greg Monroe of the Detroit Pistons didn't sign his expected contract and instead took a qualifying offer with the team that will make him an unrestricted free agent next summer. That could pay off if a near-max or max deal he was seeking this summer pays out more than it would if he had signed it this offseason. Likewise, Suns restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe, who is represented by James' agent, Rich Paul, has not yet signed with the team and is also a candidate to take the risk of a qualifying offer that will pay him $3.7 million next season. He would forego a reported offer of four years and $48 million by doing so.

Grantland's Zach Lowe, in discussing Bledsoe's free agency, noted that the NBA could perhaps guard against a large jump in the salary cap by smoothing the increase out, though how -- and if -- it would do so is still unclear.
Cap for 2015_16 will be about $79 million
eek.gif

The Silna Brothers (owners of the St. Louis Spirits) are somewhere Birdman hand rubbing at this new TV deal.

Should have used Paul and Crawford being that bench players can be involved in this, but I cant be mad about the way the list was made.

Bron got tired of the jokes, took the kane mask off and embraced the flames, guess he's not so insecure after all

All Lebron needs is 1 on top , 1/2 on the sides, and a 0 around the edges.

Blending it all in would give him a neat, mature look.

Besides LeBron's ridiculous changing hairline (I'm sure we'll somehow see a full hair line by the first game of the season) he def did look a lot skinnier. Didn't even look like him out there sometimes. That's a crazy transformation.

I do think that this Cavs team going forward will be better than LeBrons Heat team.

Possibly 30 pages of this thread has been contributed to Lebron's hairline smh

Once the season starts, hairline talk should be banned

Can we please move on from the hairline talk? or at least make a separate troll thread! Ya'll dudes in here yapping about hairlines must have some insecurities in your selves. it's sad.

No insecurities here brah. This is just funny to me :lol:

My guess the first question Silver gets asked in the press conference will be about lockouts.

So will that mean more guys small market teams get more money to stay? This stops "super teams" unless the owner is already loaded and willing to pay the tax.

LeBron's hairline will forever be funny for as long as he allows it to be. Same thing with Boozer couple years ago.

Possibly 30 pages of this thread has been contributed to Lebron's hairline smh

Once the season starts, hairline talk should be banned

Yes, please. People can take it to the LeBron hair thread in General.

Anyone else think it's time for a new NBA thread? I mean, we're seeing preseason games being played now. I think it would be appropriate to start a new 2014-2015 NBA season thread.

Obviously this thread has run it's course and it'ls time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom