2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwight Howard on Parsons' departure: "It won't affect us at all."
Updated: July 18, 2014, 6:49 PM ET

ATLANTA -- Dwight Howard doesn't believe the departure of Chandler Parsons will have a major impact on the Houston Rockets' title hopes next season.

"It won't affect us at all," Howard said Friday of Parsons signing a three-year, $45-million deal with the Dallas Mavericks.

Parsons was a three-year starter that complemented Howard and guard James Harden.

"We have myself and James," Howard said. "We have the best center and the best two guard in the game on the same team. It's on us."

Howard, who spoke at his father's 10th annual Howard/Howard basketball camp in Atlanta, said he wishes his former teammate well with the Mavericks. But Howard said he and Harden will be able to carry the load without the 25-year-old Parsons, who had career highs with 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and four assists for the Rockets last season.

This has been a busy offseason for Houston. The Rockets hosted Carmelo Anthony before making a four-year max contract offer to Chris Bosh, but Houston was unable to sign any of those major free agents.

Houston also lost role players Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin and Omri Casspi. The Rockets acquired veteran forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team trade this week.

Howard, 28, said the addition of Ariza was "big" for the Rockets.

"He'll go through a wall for you," Howard said of Ariza, who were teammates with the Orlando Magic. "Just to have soldiers on your team like that is great. We have that one-two punch with me and James. We're filling out our roster with guys who are willing to go through that wall and doing whatever it takes to win."

I mean what's he supposed to say? The Mavericks are their in-state rivals....

the rockets also claim they were going to pick up Boozer had he cleared Waivers...

they had a bad off season I think....

Last edited:
Dwight Howard on Parsons' departure: "It won't affect us at all."
Updated: July 18, 2014, 6:49 PM ET

ATLANTA -- Dwight Howard doesn't believe the departure of Chandler Parsons will have a major impact on the Houston Rockets' title hopes next season.

"It won't affect us at all," Howard said Friday of Parsons signing a three-year, $45-million deal with the Dallas Mavericks.

Parsons was a three-year starter that complemented Howard and guard James Harden.

"We have myself and James," Howard said. "We have the best center and the best two guard in the game on the same team. It's on us."

Howard, who spoke at his father's 10th annual Howard/Howard basketball camp in Atlanta, said he wishes his former teammate well with the Mavericks. But Howard said he and Harden will be able to carry the load without the 25-year-old Parsons, who had career highs with 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and four assists for the Rockets last season.

This has been a busy offseason for Houston. The Rockets hosted Carmelo Anthony before making a four-year max contract offer to Chris Bosh, but Houston was unable to sign any of those major free agents.

Houston also lost role players Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin and Omri Casspi. The Rockets acquired veteran forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team trade this week.

Howard, 28, said the addition of Ariza was "big" for the Rockets.

"He'll go through a wall for you," Howard said of Ariza, who were teammates with the Orlando Magic. "Just to have soldiers on your team like that is great. We have that one-two punch with me and James. We're filling out our roster with guys who are willing to go through that wall and doing whatever it takes to win."

I mean what's he supposed to say? The Mavericks are their in-state rivals....

the rockets also claim they were going to pick up Boozer had he cleared Waivers...

they had a bad off season I think....

He's right. They couldn't get out the first round with him and they won't without him,

Last edited:
Julius Randle trying to play the same way he did HS in the league not sure how that going to turn out

Last edited:
Dwight's the problem. He's a bum and a shell of what he could be. Can't stand the guy. All he does is go through the motions. Could've been a great. :smh:

laugh.gif
Embiid is pretty funny. Hope he recovers quickly and does well
Joel-Hans Embiid @JoelEmbiid  ·  21h

Cannan is talking smack to my boy Wiggins
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

My boy had a nice game though

His stroke looked better to me

Ain't gonna get fined..... I said pause the movie
This dude is silly as hell
laugh.gif

Some people In here last night were saying that Dallas is a worse team now than last year...
So I can conceive people thinking not doing this trade for Love is also better for the Cavs

If some of you want a bit of a laugh, take a look at what TSN Sports (Canadian version of ESPN) just put out on the top 10 NBA players of all time:

10) Oscar Robertson
9) Tim Duncan
8) Bill Russell
7) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
6) LeBron James
5) Kobe Bryant
4) Larry Bird
3) Magic Johnson
2) Wilt Chamberlain
1) Michael Jordan

Included was a statements saying "The LA Lakers have more championships than any other team". I guess the Boston Celtics don't exist right?

It really does suck being in Canada...

I just don't trust Kevin Love.

Let's say LeBron "hypothetically" leaves after to years. Does Kevin Love ask out, because before LeBron came, Love made it clear he wouldn't sign an extension to stay in Cleveland. I can't gamble my future and assets on a player who's heart isn't in the city. 

Second, he's never been to the playoffs. Pau Gasol took the Grizzlies, D. Williams took the Jazz, Bosh took the Raptors, heck Gerald Wallace took the Bobcats and won 44 games. For a star player to not take his team once, that screams, either he is a stats hungry guy or maybe we are overvaluing him?

Pau made the playoffs three times with Memphis and never won a playoff game. That's not that much better. Plus, he did have slightly better supporting casts (and far better coaches).

D-Will had Carlos Boozer at his All-Star level. They also had AK-47 come on, Mehmet Okur, etc. And, one of the greatest coaches of all time.

As for Gerald Wallace and the Bobcats, don't bring Eastern 7th or 8th seeds into the discussion. But since you did, they had a great coach, Stephen Jackson having a career year (scoring-wise), and managed to get into the playoffs because the 8th seed was .500. The 8th seed in the West that year was a 50-win team, by comparison.

All of those guys were in better situations than Love has ever been in, and for various reasons (although coaching played a tremendous role for all three).

If some of you want a bit of a laugh, take a look at what TSN Sports (Canadian version of ESPN) just put out on the top 10 NBA players of all time:

10) Oscar Robertson
9) Tim Duncan
8) Bill Russell
7) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
6) LeBron James
5) Kobe Bryant
4) Larry Bird
3) Magic Johnson
2) Wilt Chamberlain
1) Michael Jordan

Included was a statements saying "The LA Lakers have more championships than any other team". I guess the Boston Celtics don't exist right?

It really does suck being in Canada...

I think they only get Raptors games, ESPN, and Slam magazine up there post 1999 so I don't blame them... it's cool

What's wrong with that list?

son if you rank Kobe or Lebron over Tim Duncan at this point as far as an all time great, you're ridiculous..

and we're almost at a point where Lebron should be considered better than Larry Legend quietly... I won't touch that tho. and **** is Wilt doing all the way up there :lol:

Last edited:
Not this top 10 bullcrap again. How can you compare players of different positions/era and rank them? :smh:

Bron aint top 10 yet.

1. Jordan

2. Kareem

3. Magic. 

4. Russell

5. Bird

6. Duncan

7. Hakeem

8. Oscar

9. Shaq.

10. Kobe.

Thats all folks

Last edited:
What's wrong with that list?

son if you rank Kobe or Lebron over Tim Duncan at this point as far as an all time great, you're ridiculous..

and we're almost at a point where Lebron should be considered better than Larry Legend quietly... I won't touch that tho. and **** is Wilt doing all the way up there :lol:

Subjective.

Any "all time lists" are subjective, emotional, and irrational(to somebody)

You heard DrJ's list on FirstTake
All time lists are whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom