2014 NIKE FREE 5.0 & FLYKNIT FREE 4/1/14

I noticed that the insoles on the SF model had like a forest or something on them. Maybe some kind of special edition.

Yeah. The wording on the description is slightly different too. The SF says: "A fabric and synthetic upper provides more stretch for a second-skin-like feel." The regular one says: "Lightweight, single layer mesh in the upper provides more stretch to feel like a second skin."

But that doesn't seem like much of a difference. Ha

I hope with the new free line that means they launch a free trainer and maybe some other off shoot of a free. Because i feel like im really trying to force myself to like these just because im such a nike free fan. Still one of the most comfortable shoes i have ever worn.

The specs sound great, for people that actually use these for jogging/running and prefer minimalist shoes.

One major problem with the free series it their lack of traction. They need to add more solid rubber pods to the outsole

on ndc now i believe for nike+ members

D2G-ePdUwAEOfaK.jpg

D2G-XtkVYAAV-Qv.jpg

Just kinda curious and think this would be a cool concept if possible, but any of you guys here think it’s possible to ever get the react cushion tech put into the free soles?

Used to love wear runs back in the day but the comfort of the epic react is just too good for me to want to go back to wearing frees especially on my runs

its possible, i actually thought they updated the free line with react when the thread was bumped

the only downside is that with the react being bouncy, it might be counter-productive to the free purpose which is that barefoot running though i dont think it is promoted as such

one thing i would be worried about is how the sole is practically going to get shredded once all the slits/cut for flexibility are implemented on the react sole, i mean the react sole is soft enough and i am afraid if it isnt one solid piece that it might not be durable enough, i have pair of exp where the right heel has worn down just from driving
D2G-gurU4AMKXZA.jpg

its possible, i actually thought they updated the free line with react when the thread was bumped

the only downside is that with the react being bouncy, it might be counter-productive to the free purpose which is that barefoot running though i dont think it is promoted as such

one thing i would be worried about is how the sole is practically going to get shredded once all the slits/cut for flexibility are implemented on the react sole, i mean the react sole is soft enough and i am afraid if it isnt one solid piece that it might not be durable enough, i have pair of exp where the right heel has worn down just from driving
D2G-gurU4AMKXZA.jpg

Yeah you for sure bring up some valid points I thought about too.

Just thought that with all the shoes Nike is pushing out right now with react I would’ve though it would’ve been implemented into the free series.

Regardless, prob gonna wait for a good discount and try to cop these new ones for casual wear

Do you think the Frees are good for your running? Like, in the sense that they prevents injuries the way minimalist advocates would say. I dont run that far: 5-10 k at the most. But most of my shoes are pretty cushiony (like the Reacts) so im curious if adding these to a rotation help me or kill me.

Do you think the Frees are good for your running? Like, in the sense that they prevents injuries the way minimalist advocates would say. I dont run that far: 5-10 k at the most. But most of my shoes are pretty cushiony (like the Reacts) so im curious if adding these to a rotation help me or kill me.

I feel like they're good for training in that they force you to run with proper form and work muscles I normally don't in shoes that are more responsive

5.0's look really good IMO, loved the free run 2 aesthetically so these look awesome, cant wait for them to hit ID :nerd:

Please let us know if you like them when they come in. Def thinking about grabbing a pair if i can find a discount to entice

Please let us know if you like them when they come in. Def thinking about grabbing a pair if i can find a discount to entice
yup for sure.

i was gonna scoop from fnl at first but figured ndc would have them too so i went with them because of return policy.

i'm considering fnl just because i can pick it up in store today and i'd have it in hand

plus fnl is 6% on ebates while nike only got 1.5%

I really wanted to buy these but just couldn't pull the trigger...something about that bulky heel threw me off.

i might just order some 3.0s from nike and see if i like the feel. I worry about laceless shoes since my feet are narrow

Back
Top Bottom