2014 NIKE FREE 5.0 & FLYKNIT FREE 4/1/14

So these have been a flop. Hopefully Nike goes back to something like the 2018 model with real Flyknit.

nike probably didnt lose money on ‘em but in a world where there zoomx, react, boost, etc... regular phylon or eva just wont do

nike probably didnt lose money on ‘em but in a world where there zoomx, react, boost, etc... regular phylon or eva just wont do
Yeah, they kind of went away from what made the Free line great with this past model though. The minimalist Flyknit upper made them great summer kicks that you could slide on, without socks even.

1580147612132.png

1580147626624.png

1580147636221.png

well i will say they are better then the last try :lol:
I would actually buy these ones on that steep discount. The old ones were recently what like $40 on NDC sale and Finshline sale

Id take these for $40 shipped

if they can someone how incorporate react to the midsole, it'll start moving well but right now its kind of dated and people dont really want to deal with the "barefoot" feel anymore, nike did well with that campaign but no ones going for it anymore

and nike cant be charging over $100-$130 for them anymore if they're going to stick to old tech

boost, react, zoomx, etc... has spoiled all of us

Barefoot was the **** for a minute, even got used to it in those minimal shoes but yeah, i'll take the comfort now.

I am still on the barefoot wave i guess. I still wear these to the gym
1580150559535.jpeg

I don't need a ton of cushion...I want close to the ground feel...low heel to toe drop...and i NEED lateral stability to some extent.

i just need these soles...with some new flyknit upper please. I could run 3-5 miles in them...i could deadlift in them...squat in them...and box jump and do lateral movements. They never fit me as sloppy as metcons. They ran narrow and a great length

free trainers > free runs

they got free metcons these days, it might suit your needs exactly

try the react metcons too if you have a chance

I have metcon 1s and 3s and nano 9s and i sadly like my old beat free trainers better (i run in my epic reacts or flyknit racers also wear random Ultra Boosts, NMDs, Vapormax, and 720s to the gym on non cardio days)

I will eventually grab metcon free's but they just look too high off the ground on initial looks. But i know they can be had for the low these days were like ~$60 on the last nike sale

wow. I'd been waiting to see the new rendition of free's for a year now, seeing if they'd return to more trainer-looking models... I guess not. There really is no use for the free line anymore, this makes me sad :frown: made some of the coolest looking shoes too imo....

If they incorporate ZoomX with maybe a Phylon carrier foam, I think that would inject new life into this line. It would at least be super comfortable, competing with boost shoes. But have better flexibility and weight.

Definitely didn’t see that one! I’d love for them to retro the Free Flyknit 3.0 from 2015. Those were my favorite Free Flyknits.

Back
Top Bottom