2014 NIKE FREE 5.0 & FLYKNIT FREE 4/1/14

7209080D-FFCF-4D99-85C6-32E7E90AE977.jpeg

Differences from the OG

- stitched swoosh

- overlay material. Retro version is a durabuck/nubuck. OG was a smooth, synthetic material.

- Midsole feels stiffer than I remember.

- Insole. The OG was was a tie-dye green that looked really cool contrasting against the black of the shoe.

- Grey underlay on the retro stands out a lot more than it did on the OG.

Overall, I’m glad I copped the retro, but I definitely wouldn’t double up.

Damn, what’s disappointing about them?
They don’t feel good on feet. The materials look and feel cheap. They also changed some details from the OGs. I was prepared to buy 3 pairs of the black/white, as the free run 2 is a top 5 all time model for me, but I was just really underwhelmed when my pair came in.

They don’t feel good on feet. The materials look and feel cheap. They also changed some details from the OGs. I was prepared to buy 3 pairs of the black/white, as the free run 2 is a top 5 all time model for me, but I was just really underwhelmed when my pair came in.
Ah, I mean the 2021 new model of the Frees. Retros are always subpar in my experience.

The uppers look like trash in person. The web pattern like like those old man brown pants. Forget the name. I know they’re not for athletic use anymore but that doesn’t mean you water the design down with some easy fixes. Sad. I love these too

Has anyone tried the trail free run yet? TTS? Heard they’re a pain to get on. Diggin the Berlin and pineapple pair. But don’t know if I wanna buy somewhere that has a bad return policy.

Thats disappointing to hear. I was looking forward to grabbing a few colorways. Most of my OGs are beat to death.
1C52A57F-DEAF-42B3-9EA9-63347AE93466.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom