2014 Nissan GT-R Track Pack Edition

^Right!

***Flame suit activated***

Got to see/sit-in one yesterday... Overrated IMO

Please tell us why you think it's overrated cause I'd like to hear about it. I think it's a lot of car for the money if you don't pay that sticker price.

Last edited:
^Right!

Please tell us why you think it's overrated cause I'd like to hear about it. I think it's a lot of car for the money if you don't pay that sticker price.

My personal opinion and I am no car expert

- interior is nothing spectacular, pretty similar to any other sport coupe.
- like many high end sport cars, driving it regularly, you will never get to experience all the car has to offer while heading to street laws
- do I even have to list the many other cars you can get for less than 100k which is how much it cost to purchase through our local Nissan dealerships. ($117k to be exact)

Again.. This is just my opinion and I think I am fairly decent at picking practical cars

My dude... You SAT in the car and think it's overrated. :nerd:

Yes! For the price... Extremely overrated

You guys need to actually go to these dealerships and look/sit in vehicles. You will get a totally different experience by actually seeing the car in person.

No flame, but we, because we all do it, go crazy over cars we see in videos but never take the time to go see these cars at dealerships. You know just because you go to a dealership doesn't mean you have to buy a car. I'm sure your local Nissan dealership has one on display for you to check out.

Last edited:
:lol: some car dealerships wont even let you sit in the gtr or anyother high end car if you dont show you have the money up front or even a down payment.. you really think they gonna waste their time or even let you play around with their car?

Forget just seeing in it, I've personally driven five in my lifetime with four being local roads/highway driving and was able to track one back in August and everytime I've driven one, my love for it just increases. The only drawback I'll agree with is you MSRP, but you'd be a fool to pay anything that close to one, so that point doesn't really matter to me.

Yes! For the price... Extremely overrated

You guys need to actually go to these dealerships and look/sit in vehicles. You will get a totally different experience by actually seeing the car in person.

No flame, but we, because we all do it, go crazy over cars we see in videos but never take the time to go see these cars at dealerships. You know just because you go to a dealership doesn't mean you have to buy a car. I'm sure your local Nissan dealership has one on display for you to check out.

sitting and test driving are 2 totally different things

:lol: some car dealerships wont even let you sit in the gtr or anyother high end car if you dont show you have the money up front or even a down payment.. you really think they gonna waste their time or even let you play around with their car?

Yes!

I do it all the time. Make sure your dressed nice, act accordingly and show interest. It's not like they can run your credit or financial info just to inquire about a car.

SAT in the car doe. :lol:

Jeeza did say for what it is and what it's capable of, you'd never know it driving it regularly. There's no "wow factor" other than the fact it's a GT-R and that's only significant if you're into cars.

What's the depreciation like on GT-R? I'm trying to cop one used. :lol:

SAT in the car doe. :lol:

Jeeza did say for what it is and what it's capable of, you'd never know it driving it regularly. There's no "wow factor" other than the fact it's a GT-R and that's only significant if you're into cars.

What's the depreciation like on GT-R? I'm trying to cop one used. :lol:

I'm sure you can find an early model for around $50k if not less by now.

i'm not the biggest car guy but...

aesthetically... this car doesnt really pop like its american comp (mustang, charger and challenger)

but i've read that it outperforms those cars.

is this true?

aesthetically... this car doesnt really pop like its american comp (mustang, charger and challenger)

is this true?

Second line makes first line so true.

The GT-R is NOT in the same class as the Mustang, Charger ect.

More like Viper, Vette and...**** that's it

Second line makes first line so true.

The GT-R is NOT in the same class as the Mustang, Charger ect.

More like Viper, Vette and...**** that's it
well damb, brah... my b... you aint have to clown me like dat doe.

:frown:

it still isnt aesthetically pleasing as a viper or corvette

Last edited:

is this true?

imo American cars look nice. I will make this brief, but I hate the GTR because it requires no skill to drive. Put me behind the wheel and I'll beat Jimmie Johnson. It's ALL computerized. No such thing as wheel spin in a GTR.

The COPO Camaro however, :pimp:

imo American cars look nice. I will make this brief, but I hate the GTR because it requires no skill to drive. Put me behind the wheel and I'll beat Jimmie Johnson. It's ALL computerized. No such thing as wheel spin in a GTR.

Funny you say that. Reminds me of the video where Jeremy Clarkson was reviewing it around a track in Japan and snapped his neck up because the car handled so aggressively. This was the first generation GT-R too.

Yes. It's "automatic" and everything is monitored by computers, etc. That doesn't mean anyone can take it to the track and start putting down Keiichi Tsuchiya hot laps like they're playing Gran Turismo.

I think that's the beauty of it. The GT-R can be driven all year round as a comfortable daily driver by the average dude (that can afford it) and it can out perform many cars way above its price range.

Last edited:

Funny you say that. Reminds me of the video where Jeremy Clarkson was reviewing it around a track in Japan and snapped his neck up because the car handled so aggressively. This was the first generation GT-R too.

Yes. It's "automatic" and everything is monitored by computers, etc. That doesn't mean anyone can take it to the track and start putting down Keiichi Tsuchiya hot laps like they're playing Gran Turismo.

I think that's the beauty of it. The GT-R can be driven all year round as a comfortable daily driver by the average dude (that can afford it) and it can out perform many cars way above its price range.

so... is it a super car or a daily driver? Sure as hell can't be both.

Back
Top Bottom